bripat9643: Dumbest liberal statements in USMB "Demand creates jobs"

There was no investment in the iPhone. Apple hired Steve Jobs and gave him an R&D budget, with the faith that he would direct the company toward breakthroughs. No investor was asked to back the iPhone, they merely had stock in Apple.

Jobs had the vision to realize that with proper execution and with the legendary marketing, he could create demand for the iPhone. The supply of the product with proper marketing created the demand, this is how markets work.

Apple invested in Steve Jobs with an R&D budget. The stock holders in Apple were the investors. Jobs created a product and as you admit, created a market. Apple nor Jobs would have developed the product without the belief and anticipation that there would be demand. You are admitting in your latest post that anticipated demand was the key element and motivation for creation of a product.
Now where is that example of the job that was created without demand in the equation.

You've got to be kidding! Your very own example shows that jobs were created without demand being present. Apple developed a new product because they thought they COULD create demand. And why did they take that risk? WAIT FOR IT...WAIT FOR IT...THEY TOOK THAT RISK BECAUSE THEY ANTICIPATED MAKING A HUGE PROFIT IF THEY COULD DEVELOP A NEW PRODUCT THAT DID CREATE DEMAND!!!

Your responses have become beyond boring and childish. In this one you simply refuse to acknowledge "anticipated" demand. The childish part is that you state that "Apple developed a new product because they thought they COULD create demand." You are confirming demand anticipation and denying demands role in the development of the product and jobs, all in the same statement. You are actually confirming the side of the debate you are trying to oppose, but are blinded by your stubbornness and brainwashed mind to even realize it.

And the proof of that isn't in successful products like the I-Phone...it's in the thousands of products that were created that were NOT successful and didn't create demand! Those products still created jobs despite a total absence of demand. Why? Because someone anticipated making a profit and risked capital.

You mean like a "career" job? Or a "failed" job?

What?

Huh?

It's a simple concept, Deanie...one that even YOU should grasp!

If you claim that demand always precedes jobs...then kindly explain products that were manufactured that subsequently had no demand. Someone had to be hired to produce those products so they obviously had a job...yet there never was demand for the product.

The truth is...those jobs were not created by demand...they were created because of the anticipation of profit.

You've got to be kidding! Your very own example shows that jobs were created without demand being present. Apple developed a new product because they thought they COULD create demand. And why did they take that risk? WAIT FOR IT...WAIT FOR IT...THEY TOOK THAT RISK BECAUSE THEY ANTICIPATED MAKING A HUGE PROFIT IF THEY COULD DEVELOP A NEW PRODUCT THAT DID CREATE DEMAND!!!

Your responses have become beyond boring and childish. In this one you simply refuse to acknowledge "anticipated" demand. The childish part is that you state that "Apple developed a new product because they thought they COULD create demand." You are confirming demand anticipation and denying demands role in the development of the product and jobs, all in the same statement. You are actually confirming the side of the debate you are trying to oppose, but are blinded by your stubbornness and brainwashed mind to even realize it.

Ah yes..."anticipated demand"! First you and little Deanie state that demand is the essential element to job creation and always exists before jobs are created. Then when it's pointed out to you that sometimes demand NEVER exists and that anticipated profit is what creates jobs not existing demand...you change your tune and start talking about "anticipated demand".

Are we still taking nominations for the dumbest liberal statements?

Some retard over in my sex thread maintains that the word "****" is an endearment, and in France is actually an indication of high female status.

Ah yes..."anticipated demand"! First you and little Deanie state that demand is the essential element to job creation and always exists before jobs are created. Then when it's pointed out to you that sometimes demand NEVER exists and that anticipated profit is what creates jobs not existing demand...you change your tune and start talking about "anticipated demand".

Now you are reducing yourself to being a desperate liar or you are in fact an absent minded airhead.

I have been discussing anticipated demands and how those anticipated demands create jobs for five days and in comments going back over 100 post in this thread. Maybe if you paid attention to what the posters in a thread actually post you wouldn't waste so much time being that stubborn brainwashed person you keep proving that you are and will wisely quit trying to defend the idiot that the OP started the thread about.

the reasons factories move to china can be debated all day idiot

the subject is you losers thinking the government can create demand; or "provide" it in some way

how is that working out leftard?

Wrong.
The gov COULD create jobs in the private sector just like they have taken them away with free trade agreements and n ignoring the illegal immigrant problem, they choose not to.

Last edited:
not really. they move to china because we allow them to offshore and then pay workers pennies.

if it were illegal for them to bring those goods back here, our wages wouldn't be driven down and people would be employed.

no doubt you think children putting together apple products and the clothes you wear is a good thing.

\AGAIN idiot

the topic is you idiots saying unemployment and welfare "create jobs" and demand

its laughable and so are you

People say that because it is true. But you are the guy who regularly points out that record food stamps are a bad thing. Some people see the glass as half full and some people see it as half empty.

Actually...it depends whether you are filling the glass or emptying it.

Liberals believe that unemployment and food stamps stimulate the Democrat economy. So, technically, lowering unemployment is a bad sign.

I am pretty much in the middle but lean to the lft and I dont think for a second that food stamps and unemployment or ANY gov hand out to individualls creates jobs or is good in any way except that they can feed their children so that one day they can grow up and be under paid and treated like shit in the US workforce until their job is exported to some third world country and then they have to draw a gov handout..

Last edited:
Since the wage gap is so wide and so many rich are really mega rich, why aren't we drowning in jobs? They certainly have enough money to create jobs.

Im not sure but I think its because they havent gotten the tax cuts they so desperatly need.

Of course, everyone is ignoring the supply side of the equation. The process is a balance between supply and demand. So if rdean supplies too much stupidity, the price of stupidity goes down....which affects demand...

Lol. The only "stupidity" I see is the needless imature insults coming from you all.

Now you are reducing yourself to being a desperate liar or you are in fact an absent minded airhead.

I have been discussing anticipated demands and how those anticipated demands create jobs for five days and in comments going back over 100 post in this thread. Maybe if you paid attention to what the posters in a thread actually post you wouldn't waste so much time being that stubborn brainwashed person you keep proving that you are and will wisely quit trying to defend the idiot that the OP started the thread about.

What was the "anticipated demand" for the Edsel? How many jobs did it create? How about New Coke? How many jobs did that create? How many DeLoreans did the coke fiend sell?

For about the umpteenth time...demand does not mean production will begin or that jobs will be created. It is the anticipation of profit that induces investment of capital. You could have HUGE demand for a product or a service but if there is no profit anticipation then you're not going to get anyone to risk their capital to meet that demand.

your statement seems to indicate a lack of understanding. 1. there will be no production unless there is demand. 2. prices are set based on the cost per unit and the operating costs of the business. profit occurs at the point at which demand meets manufacturing goals.

Deanie keeps starting this same idiotic thread...over...and over...and over...and over again! Then people wonder why progressives have such a hard time creating jobs? Well of course they're going to struggle at it...THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND BASIC ECONOMIC CONCEPTS!

rightwingnut yapping from someone who CLEARLY doesn't understand ECONOMIC CONCEPTS (thought i'd capitalize that since you seem to think you said something by doing so).

but nice rightwingnut talking points.

YOUR THE KIND OF IDIOT calling obama's record welfare and food stamps "forward progress"

you have no business accusing others of not understanding economic concepts

do your parents know you're here embarrassing yourself?

Please...let me ask you all...do you really believe that obama caused this increase?
Really?
I did not vote for him in either election but isnt blaming one person letting all of them off scott free?

Last edited:
Clearly this is beyond your caliber of comprehension. His point, is that a demand for something doesn't create the product. Demand is only a starting point for which production can be signaled. Demand itself creates nothing but demand. In order to fulfill that demand, someone needs to invent and/or invest capital in order to create a supply. Demand does not make any of that so. There is a high demand for a cure for cancer. Where is the cure with so much demand?

:cuckoo:

Leftism is predicated upon ignorance. Economic ignorance is the primary attribute of the USMB left.

Lol. It was and is the right that moved all of their jobs to other countries and left this country to suffer. Look what off shoring has done. Thank you polititians and the right. Now go complain about the amount of taxes you pay.

the reasons factories move to china can be debated all day idiot

the subject is you losers thinking the government can create demand; or "provide" it in some way

how is that working out leftard?

Wrong.
The gov COULD create jobs in the private sector just like they have taken them away with free trade agreements and n ignoring the illegal immigrant problem, they choose not to.

I see you're as ignorant of economics as you are of every other subject.

Jobs come from tax cuts....Don't you know that?

Bull.......Shit.

Let me ask you a simple question, Wind...

Which economic approach do you think WOULD create jobs...cutting taxes or raising them?

Even a liberal icon like JFK understood enough economics to propose tax cuts to stimulate the economy when he was in office. So if that's the case then why does this President continue to call for tax increases in the midst of the worst recovery from a recession since the Great Depression?

Liberals believe that unemployment and food stamps stimulate the Democrat economy. So, technically, lowering unemployment is a bad sign.

I am pretty much in the middle but lean to the lft and I dont think for a second that food stamps and unemployment or ANY gov hand out to individualls creates jobs or is good in any way except that they can feed their children so that one day they can grow up and be under paid and treated like shit in the US workforce until their job is exported to some third world country and then they have to draw a gov handout..

Man, you never got the memo about run-on sentences in English class...did you?

Since the wage gap is so wide and so many rich are really mega rich, why aren't we drowning in jobs? They certainly have enough money to create jobs.

Im not sure but I think its because they havent gotten the tax cuts they so desperatly need.

Why would any rational person risk capital in business expansions or start-ups when non stop quantitative easing allows the wealthy to borrow money essentially interest free and make a profit in things like tax free bonds? Especially when there is an Administration in the White House that is committed to hitting them with higher taxes on any profits they might make in said business. We don't have jobs because we have people running things that don't know the first thing about economics and even worse...don't seem to care that they know nothing about economics.

I just knew someone would mention sun umbrellas, but hey, it still means there was and is a demand for umbrellas and that is why we have them.

I never said there wasn't a demand, did I. I will, however, point out, again, that the OP is wrong, demand is not the reason jobs exist.

The want for profit...is why jobs exist.

1de·mand noun \di-ˈmand, -ˈmänd, dē-\

: a strong need for something (like profit)

: the ability and need or desire to buy goods and services

Demand - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Definition: Demand is the want or desire to possess a good or service with the necessary goods, services, or financial instruments necessary to make a legal transaction for those goods or services.

Demand Definition - Economics Glossary

The amount of a particular economic good or service that a consumer or group of consumers will want to purchase at a given price.

Along with supply, demand is one of the two key determinants of the market price.

What is Demand? definition and meaning

Forum List

Back