Bring your video camera to your town hall

Centrism'sVoice

Seceded from USMB
Jul 8, 2009
It's time to face facts. The town hall hecklers aren't "protestors" at all. Their only aim is to disrupt the meetings and rob you, the constituent, of the right to speak to your representative.

This is a crime. Get that crime on video, and take it to both the local authorities and to the FBI field office. We can't tolerate this kind of activity in a free, democratic society.

Its time to face facts. There are actually people out there (over half by last count) that don't agree with the whole idea of UHC and they are pretty pissed off that this government is willing to enslave generations of people to push another disastrous bill upon us. One that will take decades to undo.

By all Means everyone. Please do bring a video camera and be sure to record the ENTIRE town hall meeting.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Its time to face facts. There are actually people out there (over half by last count) that don't agree with the whole idea of UHC and they are pretty pissed off that this government is willing to enslave generations of people to push another disastrous bill upon us. One that will take decades to undo.
Great: they can ask questions at the town halls like civilized people.

By all Means everyone. Please do bring a video camera and be sure to record the ENTIRE town hall meeting.

I would like to see the whole event, too.

Everything I've seen so far amounts to people chanting so that the Representatives never gt a chance to answer the questions hurled at them.

I doubt that's the whole story, but that seems to be all that we're being shown.

Most the video's I've seen of town halls have been quite civilized up to the point the politician opens their mouth to lie, spin or deflect. People have had enough of some asshole standing there lying to their faces and expecting them to stand there politely and listen.

Unfortunitly the representatives are using stalling tactics like Obama, long non answer answers and laborious talking points , to eat up all of the alloted time.
Then when and if they take a question they lie , all bets are off.

• Thanks
It's time to face facts. The town hall hecklers aren't "protestors" at all. Their only aim is to disrupt the meetings and rob you, the constituent, of the right to speak to your representative.

This is a crime. Get that crime on video, and take it to both the local authorities and to the FBI field office. We can't tolerate this kind of activity in a free, democratic society.

Hate to offend you but in a free democratic society, there is something called Freedom of Speech. The people there protesting have every right in the world to be there and doing just that - voicing their extreme displeasure to a government that has lost all track of what the people in America really want. That is the truth and not spin when questions are asked. No bait and switch tactics that seem to be quite popular with the way this health care bill is being presented. Mostly people want a representative that actually cares about what they want as a voter that put them in office. What you don't seem to remember is the liberals shouting down people who were around to give a speech that didn't seem to fit their agenda. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Sorry you have a difficult time understanding Freedom of Speech as defined in the Constitution.

• Thanks
You mean civilized like code pink or the dozens of other disruptive liberal groups out there?

They did ask questions like civilized people. When they were lied to, they became very irate. Just like civilized people do when they are faced with a government that they own lying to them.

I would like to see the whole event, too.

Everything I've seen so far amounts to people chanting so that the Representatives never gt a chance to answer the questions hurled at them.

I doubt that's the whole story, but that seems to be all that we're being shown.
Well, I've seen at least two videos that showed people very emotionally, but quetly, asking questions and then listening to answers. It is only AFTER the answer is given that it starts to get out of control. But that is not all that unreasonable when people are being lied to.

Well, one of the strengths of our free society is that any American has a right to reach that conclusion and to advocate that point of view. But as President of the United States, I would be untrue to my oath of office if I allowed the policy of this Nation to be dictated by the minority who hold that point of view and who try to impose it on the Nation by mounting demonstrations in the street...

Richard Nixon

I so love it when Democrats agree with republicans and abandon their principles top suit their ambitions. Let's be honest here Centerist, your a democrat, you don't have to be afraid to admit it , heck I'm not afriad to admit I'm a republican. Anyway back to your posting, for years your party has basically been the champion of the 1st Amendment and now when you see people exercising theirs, simply because you happen to disagree with them you advocate for the FBI, or camera's to turn them in. I would have never thought democrats were so firmly on the side of Nixon. I will remind you of a little quote for Al Gore. when it comes to this,

"If you're a young person looking at the future of this planet and looking at what is being done right now, and not done, I believe we have reached the stage where it is time for civil disobedience to prevent the construction of new coal plants that do not have carbon capture and sequestration." Al Gore

So then what you basically saying is this, as long as it's something your agree with thats fine, but if it's something you disagree with it bring your camera's and turn them in to the FBI? Will given that, perhaps I will begin to apply this standard next time I see a SEIU,EDF, UAW, CAP, ACRON, et al. protest at any event and make a call for people to bring their cameras. No offense centerist but seriously, this is a matter of people exercsing their constitutional rights and the very first one I might add. If the people that host these events see the crowds as acting in a disruptive manner then it is up to them to eject those that are acting that way as has been the standard practice for all the so called "mobs" that have attended the house hearings in favor of Govt. mandated healthcare.

I think this entire thread and the OP's position is nothing more then sour grapes.

They want to be able to silence those who oppose them in any manner they deem fit and then hide behind the Constitution, but when the tables are turned, they are little kids stomping their feet yelling, "Quit it, quit it right now!"

It's fair play. The left isn't crying foul. The left is crying because we're laughing so hard.

Welcome to the protest rally! The last bastion of people being run over by the government. Sucks, doesn't it?

You're going to want to find a bail bondsman and keep the ACLUs number handy. Cops are ruthless with protesters. We're going to be calling you in to the cops every chance we get. Not because we think protesting is wrong, but because we think it's fair that the right also gets it's fair share of abuse. Finally. Enjoy the protest and the free ride in the police car. Remember to keep firm pressure where ever the blood is spurting from.

Don't bend over to pick up the soap.

Unfortunitly the representatives are using stalling tactics like Obama, long non answer answers and laborious talking points , to eat up all of the alloted time.
When you think your representative is lying, even if you're correct, it still doesn't entitle you to rob your neighbors of the right to ask their own questions.

Take the conversation transcript to your local newspaper or TV station and point out where the lies are. They'll cover it.

When you think your representative is lying, even if you're correct, it still doesn't entitle you to rob your neighbors of the right to ask their own questions.

Take the conversation transcript to your local newspaper or TV station and point out where the lies are. They'll cover it.

Fox might.

I think this entire thread and the OP's position is nothing more then sour grapes.

They want to be able to silence those who oppose them in any manner they deem fit and then hide behind the Constitution, but when the tables are turned, they are little kids stomping their feet yelling, "Quit it, quit it right now!"
...as in the "Fairness Doctrine", Nancy's attempt to close off debate by turning out the lights. One of the problems we have with government today is the liberals running with their lights off. They don't want to play by the rules.

It's fair play. The left isn't crying foul. The left is crying because we're laughing so hard.

Welcome to the protest rally! The last bastion of people being run over by the government. Sucks, doesn't it?

You're going to want to find a bail bondsman and keep the ACLUs number handy. Cops are ruthless with protesters. We're going to be calling you in to the cops every chance we get. Not because we think protesting is wrong, but because we think it's fair that the right also gets it's fair share of abuse. Finally. Enjoy the protest and the free ride in the police car. Remember to keep firm pressure where ever the blood is spurting from.

How many times have you been arrested @ protests?
Date and location please.

I so love it when Democrats agree with republicans and abandon their principles top suit their ambitions. Let's be honest here Centerist, your a democrat, you don't have to be afraid to admit it , heck I'm not afriad to admit I'm a republican.
Nope. You got it wrong. :razz: (Well, sort of.)

FTR, I was a Democrat for most of my adult life until a few years ago, when I became completely disgusted with the party for a variety of reasons. And, as I've said elsewhere on this forum, I'm currently a registered Republican, although I still nearly always vote for the Democratic candidate. Only because their positions are closer to my own.

Anyway back to your posting, for years your party has basically been the champion of the 1st Amendment and now when you see people exercising theirs, simply because you happen to disagree with them you advocate for the FBI, or camera's to turn them in.
Willfully preventing your neighbors from speaking with their representative in Congress is not a First Amendment issue, any more than yelling "FIRE" in a crowded theater. I'm very sure you know this, Navy, so you can drop that particular pretense.

Will given that, perhaps I will begin to apply this standard next time I see a SEIU,EDF, UAW, CAP, ACRON, et al. protest at any event and make a call for people to bring their cameras.
Knock yourself out. Groups that don't respect the fact that free speech doesn't mean you can gather anywhere to yell should face the consequences.

Twice. They held me in Charlotte for 3 hours in a cruiser and finally charged me with JAYWALKING. In Atlanta I was arrested for disorderly/disturbing with three others. We went to get gatorade for everyone and one of the girls had her little sign with her. That was a no, no outside of the desiganted protest area.

Twice. They held me in Charlotte for 3 hours in a cruiser and finally charged me with JAYWALKING. In Atlanta I was arrested for disorderly/disturbing with three others. We went to get gatorade for everyone and one of the girls had her little sign with her. That was a no, no outside of the desiganted protest area.
Well good for you causing quite a ruckus.

Forum List

Back