Bridge on the river Kwai republicans...never trumpers need to watch this movie

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
this movie is exactly what the never trump movement is about...they say they will never vote trump even if it means Hilary gets into office....because preserving the Republican Party for the future is more important than defeating Hilary...and that is essentially the plot of this old war movie.....

The Bridge on the River Kwai - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nicholson conducts an inspection and is shocked by the poor job being done by his men. Over the protests of some of his officers, he orders Captain Reeves (Peter Williams) and Major Hughes (John Boxer) to design and build a proper bridge, despite its military value to the Japanese, for the sake of maintaining his men's morale. The Japanese engineers had chosen a poor site, so the original construction is abandoned and a new bridge is begun downstream.

-----------

Meanwhile, Nicholson drives his men hard to complete the bridge on time. For him, its completion will exemplify the ingenuity and hard work of the British Army for generations, long after the war's end. When he asks that their Japanese counterparts join in as well, a resigned Saito replies that he has already given the order.

-------------

A train carrying soldiers and important dignitaries is scheduled to be the first to cross the bridge the following day, so Warden waits to destroy both. However, at daybreak the commandos are horrified to see that the water level has dropped, exposing the wire connecting the explosives to the detonator. Making a final inspection, Nicholson spots the wire and brings it to Saito's attention. As the train is heard approaching, they hurry down to the riverbank to investigate. The commandos are shocked that their own man is about to uncover the plot.

Joyce, manning the detonator, breaks cover and stabs Saito to death. Aghast, Nicholson yells for help, while attempting to stop Joyce from reaching the detonator. As he wrestles with Nicholson, Joyce tells Nicholson that he is a British officer under orders to destroy the bridge. When Joyce is shot dead by Japanese fire, Shears swims across the river, but is fatally wounded as he reaches Nicholson. Recognizing the dying Shears, Nicholson exclaims, "What have I done?" Warden fires his mortar, mortally wounding Nicholson. The dazed colonel stumbles towards the detonator and collapses on the plunger, just in time to blow up the bridge and send the train hurtling into the river below. Witnessing the carnage, Clipton shakes his head muttering, "Madness! ... Madness!"

Soooooo...the never trumpers will stand by as Hilary may win the election.......and all to preserve the already stained reputation of the party......

And if Hilary actually wins...just like Alec Guiness...the never trumpers will be saying...."what have I done" as the Supreme Court overturns the Constitution and the scandals begin on day one....

Last edited:
Conservatives voting GOP this November probably will think the same thing if they vote for one of Hillary’s largest financial backers…

tumblr_nv9upjStTx1qicfexo2_r1_540.gif

Conservatives voting GOP this November probably will think the same thing if they vote for one of Hillary’s largest financial backers…

If Trump is such a liberal and financial backer of Hillary, why are you so damn scared he might win?

If Trump is such a liberal and financial backer of Hillary, why are you so damn scared he might win?

He's an embarrassment
He's your next President.

I doubt it- but if he ends up being elected, I am not particularly concerned- Trump is the most liberal candidate the Republicans ran this time- he is no idealogue like Cruz is.

He is close friends with the Clinton's, has supported liberal positions- he will be a bad President, but we can survive a bad President better than we could survive a wingnut idealogue like Cruz.

He's an embarrassment

I doubt it- but if he ends up being elected, I am not particularly concerned- Trump is the most liberal candidate the Republicans ran this time- he is no idealogue like Cruz is.

He is close friends with the Clinton's, has supported liberal positions- he will be a bad President, but we can survive a bad President better than we could survive a wingnut idealogue like Cruz.
Disagree.

Trump and Cruz are equally bad, albeit for different reasons.

And whatever republican is president, we’d get the same failed, wrongheaded foreign, domestic, and fiscal policies.

Worse – we’d get reactionary rightwing ideologues appointed to the Federal courts and the Supreme Court.

Trump as ‘president’ would be a clueless figurehead – with conservative extremists pursuing a reckless, irresponsible, and dangerous rightwing agenda.

He's an embarrassment

Disagree.

And whatever republican is president, we’d get the same failed, wrongheaded foreign, domestic, and fiscal policies.

Worse – we’d get reactionary rightwing ideologues appointed to the Federal courts and the Supreme Court.

Trump as ‘president’ would be a clueless figurehead – with conservative extremists pursuing a reckless, irresponsible, and dangerous rightwing agenda.

I have no interest in Trump being President- but he is less of a threat than a Ted Cruz would be.

He's an embarrassment

Disagree.

Nervous, are you?

Forum List

Back