Bridge of Spies (2015 film)

AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie

I just finished watching this one a few minutes ago. Aside from the trailer, I didn't know anything going into watching the movie. I didn't research it, and I didn't even know if it is based on a true story (it is). The tone of this movie is similar to Road to Perdition, but not nearly as grim or dark. Where Road to Perdition had a dark ending, this one has a more uplifting ending. It was also cool to hear what happened to the prisoners and Tom Hanks' character after this ordeal.

9/10

The trailer makes it look a bit like hokey Oscar bait, but the actual movie is a lot better than the trailer. Some tiny spoilers that don't really give away anything that isn't in the trailer:

I thought this would be mainly a courtroom drama, but, actually, most of the movie is about the prisoner swap, and I found that part to be much more interesting than the courtroom stuff. About 40% of the movie is courtroom stuff, and the remaining 60% is the prisoner swap stuff, which I found much more interesting.

I just finished watching this one a few minutes ago. Aside from the trailer, I didn't know anything going into watching the movie. I didn't research it, and I didn't even know if it is based on a true story (it is). The tone of this movie is similar to Road to Perdition, but not nearly as grim or dark. Where Road to Perdition had a dark ending, this one has a more uplifting ending. It was also cool to hear what happened to the prisoners and Tom Hanks' character after this ordeal.

9/10

The trailer makes it look a bit like hokey Oscar bait, but the actual movie is a lot better than the trailer. Some tiny spoilers that don't really give away anything that isn't in the trailer:

I thought this would be mainly a courtroom drama, but, actually, most of the movie is about the prisoner swap, and I found that part to be much more interesting than the courtroom stuff. About 40% of the movie is courtroom stuff, and the remaining 60% is the prisoner swap stuff, which I found much more interesting.

I watched it a while ago, a good film, not amazing but good for those who like historical films and a bit of reality.

9/10

I watched it a while ago, a good film, not amazing but good for those who like historical films and a bit of reality.

Yeah, I don't think it's Spielberg's best movie, but there are a lot of good moments in the movie. Also, I forgot that the Coen Brothers actually worked on this script, which makes sense. It's much more of a talking movie than maybe most Spielberg movies, but it definitely feels more like a Spielberg movie in terms of cinematography, music, wardrobe, etc.

Tom Hanks seems to be in half of the movies from Hollywood. He is over-exposed. There must be only a few actors who can play different characters. He was even in Road to Perdition.

"Spy Game"

I liked this Spielberg venture. There are really two kinds of politico-cultural spy-intrigue films --- Body of Lies (a CIA labyrinth) and Scorpio (a CIA 'grit' imaginarium). Since Spielberg already made the fun-labyrinth film Catch Me If You Can, I imagine he wanted to make the latter kind of imaginarium-sophistication spy-film to be closer to a grit-fancy film such as Scorpio. What sets Bridge of Spies apart, however (I think), is the script and the acting...

Scorpio (Film)

scorpio.jpg

Forum List

Back