Bribery is a loser

Slade3200

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2016
I am far from a Trump supporter, however I need to call out yet another misstep from the Democrats. I posted about how Obstruction was a losing argument after the Mueller Report was released and now I see them doing it again with the Bribery claim.

I get that Bribery is in the constitution so they want to draw a simple and direct line with their charges for impeachment but what Trump did and what the context of bribery in the constitution is are two different things. By their definition, politicians and all past presidents commit bribery in the course of their foreign affairs. What Trump did was an abuse of office by dealing for personal gain, that should be the focus, not bribery. What the constitution was trying to protect from was politicians being paid to make policy... of course the lines are blurred with all the lobbying that goes on in Washington, a system that I’d happily like to see reformed, but that’s another story.

Best thing for Dems to do is wrap up the hearings. Get all the facts out with as little hyperbole as possible and then not file for impeachment but rather leave it up to the voters in next years election. Trump is as swampy as they come and he cares more about the fight than the future. I think enough people see that and will vote to end the drama and embarrassment. Let’s not make a martyr out of him by driving this impeachment train off a cliff.

Sorry that won't cut it. They looked the other way when vp biden was actually involved in corrupt acts with ukraine and son. The hypocrisy is laughable. Trump broke no laws. The lib carnie show will roll on with their hate and emotion. That's all they have.

I am far from a Trump supporter, however I need to call out yet another misstep from the Democrats. I posted about how Obstruction was a losing argument after the Mueller Report was released and now I see them doing it again with the Bribery claim.

I get that Bribery is in the constitution so they want to draw a simple and direct line with their charges for impeachment but what Trump did and what the context of bribery in the constitution is are two different things. By their definition, politicians and all past presidents commit bribery in the course of their foreign affairs. What Trump did was an abuse of office by dealing for personal gain, that should be the focus, not bribery. What the constitution was trying to protect from was politicians being paid to make policy... of course the lines are blurred with all the lobbying that goes on in Washington, a system that I’d happily like to see reformed, but that’s another story.

Best thing for Dems to do is wrap up the hearings. Get all the facts out with as little hyperbole as possible and then not file for impeachment but rather leave it up to the voters in next years election. Trump is as swampy as they come and he cares more about the fight than the future. I think enough people see that and will vote to end the drama and embarrassment. Let’s not make a martyr out of him by driving this impeachment train off a cliff.

Here is the problem, people have no idea what qid pro quo is. In fact, with our fabulous government run education system they are lucky to even know what bribery is.

But this also works to their benefit. People that don't know what bribery is, which is used incorrectly as you point out, will simply accept the fake DNC run news they get from the press about it being illegal and Trump being guilty of it.

They can't quit.

They're the kamikaze pilot who is already in the dive on the target, with the entire plane in flames.....They're going to completely disintegrate and die, in the name of The Party.

Maybe Hillary has some sake in her stash for them.
that sounds more like an emotional hope rather than an educated analysis. The Dems will be fine, they are fueled by hate for Trump and there is plenty... just like Trump has been fueled by his base. He can do no wrong for that 35%. Welcome to team politics

Sorry that won't cut it. They looked the other way when vp biden was actually involved in corrupt acts with ukraine and son. The hypocrisy is laughable. Trump broke no laws. The lib carnie show will roll on with their hate and emotion. That's all they have.
Biden broke no laws, he was mandated by his president and congress to do exactly what he did. Trump was acting in his own self interest to boost his political campaign. Big difference.

Here is the problem, people have no idea what qid pro quo is. In fact, with our fabulous government run education system they are lucky to even know what bribery is.

But this also works to their benefit. People that don't know what bribery is, which is used incorrectly as you point out, will simply accept the fake DNC run news they get from the press about it being illegal and Trump being guilty of it.
The problem they are going to face is with the way they define bribery... it will be able to be applied to several things that the Obama administration and that of all other presidents did as well. They should stick to the unique and inappropriate elements of what Trump did which was using his office to promote his political campaign.

It's all been a misstep. This whole thing was dumb. They should have just stuck with calling trump a Nazi and left it at that. Hillary Clintons brused ego has caused a sickness among libtards.

They can't quit.

They're the kamikaze pilot who is already in the dive on the target, with the entire plane in flames.....They're going to completely disintegrate and die, in the name of The Party.

that sounds more like an emotional hope rather than an educated analysis. The Dems will be fine, they are fueled by hate for Trump and there is plenty... just like Trump has been fueled by his base. He can do no wrong for that 35%. Welcome to team politics
They're fucking committed to this idiocy....If their "star witnesses" are a couple of nobody administrators who have nothing more than third-hand hearsay and some weepy bureaucrat who was fired months before anything being investigated happened, they don't have so much as a popcorn fart....If you can't see that, you need yet another serious reality check...Seems to be a recurring theme with you.

Last edited:
Biden broke no laws, he was mandated by his president and congress to do exactly what he did. Trump was acting in his own self interest to boost his political campaign. Big difference.

No he wasn't mandated to work favors for his son and extort the prosecutor in Ukraine. Yeah there is a big difference since trump broke no laws so dont expect anyone but the lib carnies to buy this hypocritical bearded lady donkey show.

No he wasn't mandated to work favors for his son and extort the prosecutor in Ukraine. Yeah there is a big difference since trump broke no laws so dont expect anyone but the lib carnies to buy this hypocritical bearded lady donkey show.
of course he was. Public knowledge. Had nothing to do with his son... that’s a fake narrative that Trump made up.

They can't quit.

They're fucking committed to this idiocy....If their "star witnesses" ore a couple of nobody administrators who have nothing more than third-hand hearsay and some weepy bureaucrat who was fired months before anything being investigated happened, they don't have so much as a popcorn fart....If you can't see that, you need yet another serious reality check...Seems to be a recurring theme with you.
I just wrote a thread about that lame “heresay” argument. Shift gears to the next one, that’s a loser.

Maybe the founders didn't want the president to be able to bribe foreign governments either.

To assume that past presidents never leveraged foreign aid by placing conditions on the aid is naïve. The state Dept witnesses this week admitted that conditions are routinely placed on aid.

Now the Biden's, there has never been a more clear cut case of a personal conflict of interest IN APPEARANCE at a minimum. State Dept witnesses testified that this should be looked into and that they voiced their concerns at the time. This muddies the water with respect to what favor Trump may have asked Ukraine for.

This wasn't a fishing expedition looking for dirt based on nothing. We have Biden bragging about what he did on video in public. So while this may benefit Trump personally it also benefits the American people and is potentially corruption at the highest levels in government with American tax payer money involved. Patronage, abuse of public office to enrich friends and family. YET DEM'S SEEM COMPLETELY UNINTERESTED in investigating this, talk about your double standards.

Dem's and the idiot fake news have been fomenting the "irregular back channels" talking point for a couple of weeks. Ignoring that even their beloved FDR famously did this. Routinely did end runs around the State Dept and Sec of State engaging foreign leaders directly on foreign policy.

They can't quit.

Rush said it best back when they past Hussein-Care without reading it, Dems are political suicide bombers. They will sacrifice their own political career in order to destroy the country.

President Trump engaged in Bribery and Extortion to demand Ukraine investigate a crime both Democrats and Biden say never happened?

1. Biden's Videotaped Confession of extorting the previous Ukraine PM

2. Yovanovitch

- 'The U.S. Embassy under Yovanovitch influenced Ukraine to drop prosecution against top law enforcement official Artem Sytnyk, who was singled out by a Ukrainian court for leaking damaging information about Paul Manafort, then Trump's campaign chairman, to help Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election. Ukraine courts have ruled that the Manafort financial disclosures constituted illegal election meddling.'

- Ukraine systematically worked behind the scenes to boost Clinton - On his call with Zelensky in July, Trump specifically asked his Ukrainian counterpart to investigate reports that Ukraine had some involvement in 2016 election interference.

- "Making matters more complicated for Democrats, Yovanovitch's testimony was set to come just hours after a bombshell report that a top Ukrainian official said Thursday that U.S. Ambassador Gordon Sondland, a key Democrat impeachment witness, "did not link financial military assistance to a request for Ukraine to open up an investigation into former vice president and current Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden."

-- Yovanovitch to face GOP grilling on second day of public impeachment hearings

Bribery is exactly what the Obama bin Biden regime did when they paid off the Ukraine government $1.2 billon for dropping the investigation into the company giving Joe’s son his kickbacks.

Yet to the Dems it’s a “high crime” to ask for such corruption to be investigated again.

They can't quit.

They're fucking committed to this idiocy....If their "star witnesses" ore a couple of nobody administrators who have nothing more than third-hand hearsay and some weepy bureaucrat who was fired months before anything being investigated happened, they don't have so much as a popcorn fart....If you can't see that, you need yet another serious reality check...Seems to be a recurring theme with you.
I just wrote a thread about that lame “heresay” argument. Shift gears to the next one, that’s a loser.
Fitting, since yours is the side that has suddenly tried to claim that hearsay is legit evidence, Gomer.

Forum List

Back