Brexit dividend - Uk exports to EU down 15%, tories deny govts own figures

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Of course nothing encourages trade to thrive more than erecting trade barriers with your biggest trade partners.

This is a tory/brexit recession built on tory dogma and the stupidity of the british people.

Why is trade down so much ? Because only the bigger firms can afford to do all of the paperwork involved. The small cheesemaker in Kent cant afford to take on the staff needed.
Maybe that was the intention.

Of course nothing encourages trade to thrive more than erecting trade barriers with your biggest trade partners.

This is a tory/brexit recession built on tory dogma and the stupidity of the british people.

Why is trade down so much ? Because only the bigger firms can afford to do all of the paperwork involved. The small cheesemaker in Kent cant afford to take on the staff needed.
Maybe that was the intention.
There is all of that, then there is the reality that business's are going out of business due to energy costs and then there is the reality that businesses are going out of business because they cannot get the workers. Happened in the summer with fruit and veg crops, but any job that didn't need too many certificates and pays the cheapest wage. I was listening to one guy speaking about how we had to open our doors to immigrants if we were going to have any chance of getting things moving. He had voted for Brexit but said he was not one of the less immigrant people. Then today someone else who cannot believe that in his words someone was wanting to take away the one thing they have got right with Brexit. Stopping immigration. The interviewer pointed out that it was destroying trade. The guy said that was fine, we had to go through that and then he described what the plan was. It was to get rid of the menial jobs from the UK and just have the higher paid jobs which required a top class education. We would take in that kind of immigrant. Only recently I have heard that this is exactly what they did in the US. The got rid of factory type jobs, coal jobs, manufacturing and so forth saying that the people could get involved in these higher jobs instead but the reality was that pretty much no one moved from working at Ford to a top end job. They just remained unemployed. The guy was quite open that this was likely but also that once these fruit and veg jobs and working in an old people's home or whatever they call it now had all gone, they would probably need to get immigrants to do the kind of jobs he was talking about and he was quite open that this would lead to massive unemployment. ...and then I got it, this is what Globalism is all about. It is about getting manufacturing jobs and so on out to the cheapest in the world, trying to bring the most academic jobs here and tolerating unemployment on a level that is intolerable. That is what the Brexiters are intending on doing. (As for the fruit and veg jobs. Well the land is being bought up by people like Bill Gates and others who will decide who to hire at what cost if it cannot be automated.) I really am concerned at the world my grandchildren are going to have to live in.

Last edited:
There is all of that, then there is the reality that business's are going out of business due to energy costs and then there is the reality that businesses are going out of business because they cannot get the workers. Happened in the summer with fruit and veg crops, but any job that didn't need too many certificates and pays the cheapest wage. I was listening to one guy speaking about how we had to open our doors to immigrants if we were going to have any chance of getting things moving. He had voted for Brexit but said he was not one of the less immigrant people. Then today someone else who cannot believe that in his words someone was wanting to take away the one thing they have got right with Brexit. Stopping immigration. The interviewer pointed out that it was destroying trade. The guy said that was fine, we had to go through that and then he described what the plan was. It was to get rid of the menial jobs from the UK and just have the higher paid jobs which required a top class education. We would take in that kind of immigrant. Only recently I have heard that this is exactly what they did in the US. The got rid of factory type jobs, coal jobs, manufacturing and so forth saying that the people could get involved in these higher jobs instead but the reality was that pretty much no one moved from working at Ford to a top end job. They just remained unemployed. The guy was quite open that this was likely but also that once these fruit and veg jobs and working in an old people's home or whatever they call it now had all gone, they would probably need to get immigrants to do the kind of jobs he was talking about and he was quite open that this would lead to massive unemployment. ...and then I got it, this is what Globalism is all about. It is about getting manufacturing jobs and so on out to the cheapest in the world, trying to bring the most academic jobs here and tolerating unemployment on a level that is intolerable. That is what the Brexiters are intending on doing. (As for the fruit and veg jobs. Well the land is being bought up by people like Bill Gates and others who will decide who to hire at what cost if it cannot be automated.) I really am concerned at the world my grandchildren are going to have to live in.
Brexit is all about shafting the working class.

Brexit is all about shafting the working class.
That is certainly what it sounds like. In reality it is just about providing the situation where the few who have can have more. Humanity appears to have gone. The fundamental reason for that is Neo Liberalism. I was listening to Jeffry Sachs who belongs to a group who believe in 'The New Economics. One of the prime issues with them is to get economics out of this inhumane system where the only people who matter are the most rich and instead to get an economic system which works for all of the people. Such a system would see a need to provide an ability to make a living to all of the people. Otherwise we are in for what that Brexit man is talking about - only for the Super rich. He admitted he did not know what was going to happen to everyone else. I have heard there is even talk about some people being ' a waste of food',

That is certainly what it sounds like. In reality it is just about providing the situation where the few who have can have more. Humanity appears to have gone. The fundamental reason for that is Neo Liberalism. I was listening to Jeffry Sachs who belongs to a group who believe in 'The New Economics. One of the prime issues with them is to get economics out of this inhumane system where the only people who matter are the most rich and instead to get an economic system which works for all of the people. Such a system would see a need to provide an ability to make a living to all of the people. Otherwise we are in for what that Brexit man is talking about - only for the Super rich. He admitted he did not know what was going to happen to everyone else. I have heard there is even talk about some people being ' a waste of food',
They are all starting to squeal about it now. The owner of Next is the latest.
It was a big con to fool stupid people. A bit like trump.

Forum List

Back