Breitbart, Fox and Their Rush To Judgement

As the dust settles on the fake racist story surrounding Ms. Shirley Sherrod,

What part of her remarks, recorded on camera, were fake?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXYYHWQ3ev4]YouTube - What the Media Won't Tell You: Shirley Sherrod's Racist Remarks to the NAACP[/ame]

[
Ok let's take this nice and slow so you can keep up.

YOU asked me to prove that they were not plants so I said, since you were making the argument that they were plants why don't you prove that they were. In response and in your usual fashion of avoiding even attempting to substantiate your own claims you dishonestly tried to flip it back onto me and demand that I prove that you said they were all plants.

Would you like a side of circular argument with that?

:rofl:

Hey pot theres a mighty funny looking kettle over here

ok ok i'll go away now :lol:

You can have the last word unless traveller wants to pipe up about his total blatant lack of completeness and honesty in his thread title :lol:

Nice dishonesty PP. Just what i have come to expect from you. I spelled out and used jester's own words in my post so it's quite telling that you would leave them out and take my statement out of context in order to justify your baseless attack on me.
You just pulled a breitbart, hack. LOL

Yeah I would turn tail and run too if I had just exposed myself as a disheonst hack as you just did. LOL

I'm still laughing my ass off at the dishonest thread title.

Breitbart sure, the white house sure (Even if you didn't mention it in the title, which shows your blatant agenda with the thread) but fox news channel didn't even air the story until AFTER she resigned.

The thread title, in itself, is a hillarious fallacy.

how typical and dishonest of YOU.

The comment was based on foxnews' rush to judgement which did occur based on the fact that o'reilly called on sherrod to resign and hannity tried to use sherrod to label the WH as racist.

The FACTS show that they rushed to judgement too.

So care to comment on your blatant dishonesty or are you still running away?

Last edited:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXYYHWQ3ev4]YouTube - What the Media Won't Tell You: Shirley Sherrod's Racist Remarks to the NAACP[/ame]

The part where she felt remorse for mistreating a person because of her prejudice.

The part where she felt remorse for mistreating a person because of her prejudice.
Except is was the WHITE lawyer he was paying who was mistreating him who he preferred over the help of an inferior black woman. She saved him from the WHITE lawyer's abuse and to CON$ that makes her a racist. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

Breitbart sure, the white house sure (Even if you didn't mention it in the title, which shows your blatant agenda with the thread) but fox news channel didn't even air the story until AFTER she resigned.

The comment was based on foxnews' rush to judgement which did occur based on the fact that o'reilly called on sherrod to resign and hannity tried to use sherrod to label the WH as racist.

She had ALREADY resigned at that point when he said that. She resigned before O'reilly ever aired that night.

Show me a fox news clip from the fox news channel that aired PRIOR to the whitehouse telling her to resign and her resigning. I had over 100 pages in another thread about this and no one could prove it.

Oh and thanks for the love

drsmith said:
New reputation!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, you have received -4 reputation points from drsmith1072.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Way to go you cowardly trolling hack. You attack me by taking my comments out of context and then run away. LOL just like old times.

Regards,
drsmith1072

Truth hurt eh? :lol:

She had ALREADY resigned at that point when he said that. She resigned before O'reilly ever aired that night.

Show me a fox news clip from the fox news channel that aired PRIOR to the whitehouse telling her to resign and her resigning. I had over 100 pages in another thread about this and no one could prove it.

drsmith said:
New reputation!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment:
Way to go you cowardly trolling hack. You attack me by taking my comments out of context and then run away. LOL just like old times.

Regards,
drsmith1072

Fox News Senior Vice President of News Michael Clemente confirms that fact
that FoxNews.com did run a story about the existence of the video, titled "Video Shows USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer" at 5:58 p.m. on Monday, an hour before the Agriculture Department announced Sherrod’s resignation. And Wednesday, Clemente told POLITICO that was a mistake.

"There was a breakdown in the system, and it is being addressed," he said. "But it must say something about the power of Fox, that a week after she resigned, we're still talking about this."

The breakdown occurred following Fox's afternoon news meeting that day, when Clemente, according to The Washington Post's Howard Kurtz offered the following advice: "Let's take our time and get the facts straight on this story. Can we get confirmation and comments from Sherrod before going on-air. Let's make sure we do this right."

Clemente said he gave the advice in the meeting, not in a memo to staff, and his guidance clearly did not make it down to the reporter and producers who put the story on FoxNews.com.
And note this:

Earlier in the day, Fox Nation, a news and opinion website run by Fox News, posted a YouTube version of the video under the headline," Obama Official Discriminates Against White Farmer," with a link to Breitbart's post.

The first comment on the Fox Nation articles is at 1:43 p.m., about five hours after Breitbart posted the video to his site.

And keep in mind a subsequent Foxnews.com article seemed to take credit for ousting Sherrod:

The Agriculture Department announced Monday, shortly after FoxNews.com published its initial report on the video, that Sherrod had resigned.

Fox News exec confirms it did *peddle Sherrod story before she was fired | Media Matters for America

Last edited:

Except is was the WHITE lawyer he was paying who was mistreating him who he preferred over the help of an inferior black woman. She saved him from the WHITE lawyer's abuse and to CON$ that makes her a racist. :cuckoo:

No. Her own admission made her racist. Just say no to the Kool-Aid.

drsmith said:
New reputation!

Comment:

Regards,
drsmith1072

Well, he exposed himself as one of those whiney lil' weasels who head to the neg rep button after being schooled......Seriously, I can see neg repping somebody for calling out your family, making a racist remark etc., but neg repping because of a disagreement of views?....What a thin skinned lil pussy!

What part of, "and so I didn't give him the full force of what I could do" and "I sent him to one of his own Kind" do these people do not get.

Clearly the woman has changed her beliefs, but there IS NO denying she once held RACIST beliefs. If you claim other wise you either have never even watched the tape, either the whole thing or the clip, OR you are A partisan hack.

drsmith said:
New reputation!

Comment:

Regards,
drsmith1072

Fox News Senior Vice President of News Michael Clemente confirms that fact
that FoxNews.com did run a story about the existence of the video, titled "Video Shows USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer" at 5:58 p.m. on Monday, an hour before the Agriculture Department announced Sherrod’s resignation. And Wednesday, Clemente told POLITICO that was a mistake.

"There was a breakdown in the system, and it is being addressed," he said. "But it must say something about the power of Fox, that a week after she resigned, we're still talking about this."

The breakdown occurred following Fox's afternoon news meeting that day, when Clemente, according to The Washington Post's Howard Kurtz offered the following advice: "Let's take our time and get the facts straight on this story. Can we get confirmation and comments from Sherrod before going on-air. Let's make sure we do this right."

Clemente said he gave the advice in the meeting, not in a memo to staff, and his guidance clearly did not make it down to the reporter and producers who put the story on FoxNews.com.
And note this:

Earlier in the day, Fox Nation, a news and opinion website run by Fox News, posted a YouTube version of the video under the headline," Obama Official Discriminates Against White Farmer," with a link to Breitbart's post.

The first comment on the Fox Nation articles is at 1:43 p.m., about five hours after Breitbart posted the video to his site.

And keep in mind a subsequent Foxnews.com article seemed to take credit for ousting Sherrod:

The Agriculture Department announced Monday, shortly after FoxNews.com published its initial report on the video, that Sherrod had resigned.

Fox News exec confirms it did *peddle Sherrod story before she was fired | Media Matters for America

First, She did discriminate, then had an Epiphany, that was the point of the speech. Second, The White House jumped the gun in pressuring and harassing Her, to resign. You buy into the spin, hook line and sinker. Some people are too easy to please. FOX saved Her Ass, and she turned on them like a rabid Kool-Aid sock puppet.

]

thanks for that and as i'm reading I find this part interesting

article in link said:
But FoxNews.com did run a story about the existence of the video, titled "Video Shows USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer" at 5:58 p.m. on Monday, an hour before the Agriculture Department announced Sherrod’s resignation. And Wednesday, Clemente told POLITICO that was a mistake.

They first aired the video at 5:58pm on the day she resigned. over an hour after she did resign and over an hour before it was officially announced that she did.

I'm glad media matters, a liberal outlet, agrees with me that they didn't air it before she physically resigned over an hour before that clip aired.

No. He felt superior to her so she sent him to what he considered a superior color, white lawyer.

How exactly is it racist to send him to the color lawyer he thinks is superior?
How was she to know a superior white lawyer would cheat his own kind???

Last edited:
I would love to know how anyone could feel that Breitbart was set up? Wasn't HE the one who started this whole charade?

Hey, that's your "party of personal responsibility".

I think Breitbart knows he's eaten a shit sandwich here.
Yeah, and it sure was a sign of "personal responsibility" when Obama and the USDA demanded her resignation without doing their research beforehand, eh?....Seems to be a pattern with that idiot.

This is the thing about all this. Breitbert isn't making crucial decisions that affect this great country, OBAMA IS!......And he continues to show that he makes decisions without knowing the facts. It's going to come down to Obama making one of his decisions without facts that could very well spell disaster. And no amount of spin, damage control, or beer summits will change the fact that his jumping the gun cost us dearly.

Last edited:
I would love to know how anyone could feel that Breitbart was set up? Wasn't HE the one who started this whole charade?

Hey, that's your "party of personal responsibility".

I think Breitbart knows he's eaten a shit sandwich here.
Yeah, and it sure was a sign of "personal responsibility" when Obama and the USDA demanded her resignation without doing their research beforehand, eh?....Seems to be a pattern with that idiot.

This is the thing about all this. Breitbert isn't making crucial decisions that affect this great country, OBAMA IS!......And he continues to show that he makes decisions without knowing the facts. It's going to come down to Obama making one of his decisions without facts that could very well spell disaster. And no amount of spin, damage control, or beer summits will change the fact that his jumping the gun cost us dearly.

Yeah. They made a mistake. They owned up to it. Hence the whole "personal responsibility" thing.

Are people still clinging the b-but da FOX News didn't AIR anything til after she resigned thread?

The Admin effed up by firing Sherrod without checking up on Breitbart's lie. They should not have taken that video at face value. Let's get that out of the way first.

However, that does not mean that Fox News gets a pass for their "role" in this either. Guys, the face of Fox, their ratings King, Bill O'Reilly was taped at five calling for her to resign. Five. Before she resigned. That means they had to do all the prep work for the show and have the "talking points memo" written up and all that jazz. Do any of you honestly think they whipped that together two minutes before the show aired? Yet some of you are clinging to this "but it didn't air until after." Of course it didn't air until after but let's not pretend that Fox News wasn't locked and loaded sans facts or hadn't reported the "story" hours before the actual resigning took place. That's simply not true and clinging to "b-but it didn't air til after" is just silly.

Are people still clinging the b-but da FOX News didn't AIR anything til after she resigned thread?

The Admin effed up by firing Sherrod without checking up on Breitbart's lie. They should not have taken that video at face value. Let's get that out of the way first.

However, that does not mean that Fox News gets a pass for their "role" in this either. Guys, the face of Fox, their ratings King, Bill O'Reilly was taped at five calling for her to resign. Five. Before she resigned. That means they had to do all the prep work for the show and have the "talking points memo" written up and all that jazz. Do any of you honestly think they whipped that together two minutes before the show aired? Yet some of you are clinging to this "but it didn't air until after." Of course it didn't air until after but let's not pretend that Fox News wasn't locked and loaded sans facts or hadn't reported the "story" hours before the actual resigning took place. That's simply not true and clinging to "b-but it didn't air til after" is just silly.

Not nearly as silly as thinking Fox somehow has influence on its audience BEFORE they hear it.
Equally as unlikely, that Fox dictates the actions of bureaucratic adminstrators.

As the dust settles on the fake racist story surrounding Ms. Shirley Sherrod, the one thing that must be remembered is that both Andrew Breitbart and Fox News failed to proper journalistic prodcedures and in doing so showed a clear lack of ethics.

The big push now, on Fox of course is that "Breitbart was set up." Poor Andrew is now the victim. Not true

Breitbart had an obligation to insure that the video clips he used gave a full, complete and accurate portrayal of the events as they transpired in the meeting that Ms. Sherrod was addressing and he FAILED TO DO SO.

Breitbart claims that he asked "The relevent clips." The adress by Ms. Sherrod to the N.A.A.C.P. lasted 40-Minutes, yet only the clip made available lasted at best 2-minutes, and was heavily edited. The clip of Ms. Sherrod attempted to show that she was addressing a very recent meeting of the N.A.A.C.P., when in fact the clip shown dated back to at least 1986. In 1986 Ms. Sherrod WAS NOT an employee of the United States Department of Agriculture. In fact, Ms. Sherrod did not join the federal work force until 2009. At no time did Breitbart make any attempt to let people who would view the tape know that the meeting was over 20 years old, nor did Breitbart attempt demonstrate that Ms. Sherrod, at the time of vid, was NOT employed by the Federal Government.

Breitbart, who claims to be a journalist/blogger failed to do the most basic of research on this story, and instead used a doctored tape in an attempt to show an African-American Woman, a State Employee telling an audience that she had engaged in discrimination against a Caucasian Farmer.

Fox News, who claims to be "Fair and Balanced" did not check the validity of the tape, nor did Fox attempt to proper research on the meeting, where the meeting was held or when (1986) the meeting was held. Instead of doing basic source checking, Fox ran story after story of how Ms. Sherrod, a Government Official had engaged racial discrimination against a poor White Farmer. Never mind the fact that the Farmer, who has since come forward to say that Ms. Sherrod treated him fairly and did the very best she could for him and did in fact save his farm, has said he considers Ms. Sherrod a friend.

In the past both Breitbart and Fox have been caught using heavily edited tapes to create stories that in the end have proven not to be true. The "A.C.O.R.N." scandle comes to mind. Where some wanna be right-wing tool, dressed as a pimp and a woman wearing a skirt that went all the way up to glory, taped (without permission) staff of A.C.O.R.N. offices giving "Advice" on how to bring in under age girls to work as prostitutes. Fox played this footage day after day, calling A.C.O.R.N. out for helping a pimp and hooker to bring young girls to work for them.

Well, it turns out that the tape(s) used in that story were in fact edited for content and in no way actually, honestly, or factually showed what transpired.

In fact, "Pimp" boy is now facing criminal prosecution in California, because under California State Law, it is IN FACT AGAINST THE LAW TO TAPE AN INDIVIDUAL OR INDIVIDUALS UNKNOWN WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION!!!

Fox and Breitbart have shown time and again that rather than attempting to discern fact from fiction, they are about sensational stories that have little or nothing to do with reality.

Breitbart is once again proven to a liar. Fox is hardly fair and balanced.

Anyone who uses them as a source should remember this. Unless of course your more interested in posting lies than the truth.

Outstanding post sir...Righty's, dispute any of this. I dare you to try.

Forum List

Back