BREAKING: US military grounds its entire fleet of F35 fighter jets in wake of S.Carolina crash

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
upload_2018-10-11_7-55-40.png

The entire fleet of F-35 fighter jets has been grounded to inspect the aircraft for suspected faulty fuel tubes, the US military said. The decision comes in the wake of a Marine Corps’ F-35B crash in South Carolina last month.
The grounding order affects all variants of the advanced fighter jets, including the Air Force’s F-35A and the Navy’s F-35C. The engines of the aircraft will be checked for suspected faulty tubes and replacements made where necessary.
US military grounds its entire fleet of F-35 fighter jets in the wake of South Carolina crash

From what I recall through out the years these jets have had a lot of issues and the military begged and begged ot have them fixed or upgraded. Constantly these things crash maybe it's on purpose .

View attachment 221898

The entire fleet of F-35 fighter jets has been grounded to inspect the aircraft for suspected faulty fuel tubes, the US military said. The decision comes in the wake of a Marine Corps’ F-35B crash in South Carolina last month.
The grounding order affects all variants of the advanced fighter jets, including the Air Force’s F-35A and the Navy’s F-35C. The engines of the aircraft will be checked for suspected faulty tubes and replacements made where necessary.
US military grounds its entire fleet of F-35 fighter jets in the wake of South Carolina crash

From what I recall through out the years these jets have had a lot of issues and the military begged and begged ot have them fixed or upgraded. Constantly these things crash maybe it's on purpose .
"Maybe it's on purpose"? Do you have any idea how stupid you sound when you say shit like that?

Maybe Obama made them crash....

But since I have over 15 years experience in aerospace manufacturing, primarily for government contracts -- the problem is most likely a design flaw or manufacturing flaw by one of the suppliers -- I am sure Lockheed Martin is not pleased.

View attachment 221898

Not suprised, the fighter has been a pain since they got in service. They really hate the ground support the A 10 because it does not look fast, but you don't want to be on the working end of it.

They have had problems with the F-35 since they brought it in.

I'd take the A-10 any day and so would anyone who is boots on the ground.

They have had problems with the F-35 since they brought it in.

I'd take the A-10 any day and so would anyone who is boots on the ground.

Two differnt aircraft used for two different types of warfare is the problem.

But the Warthog is pure badass.

Yet they can't find the funds to do a reboot for the A-10, a proven design.

F-35 is easily the biggest lobbyist & contractor crony boondoggle in Pentagon history.

I agree. As an Air Force veteran it’s just embarrassing how much we wasted on that program. The cost of one of these planes as well as those stealth planes could fund a whole squad of UAVs to support the troops on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan that needed it.

Forum List

Back