BREAKING: US drops largest non nuclear bomb in combat for first time

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
upload_2017-4-13_9-47-11.png

The bomb was dropped in Afghanistan's Nangarhar province, the Pentagon has confirmed.

The blast radius is believed to be over 300 meters and the weapon is described as "the father of all bombs".

It is the very first time the weapon has been used in combat.

BREAKING: US drops LARGEST non-nuclear bomb in combat for FIRST time

Well isn't this special, oh yay a nice big bomb

I wish you'd stay away from the fringe edges of the internet.

The bomb was dropped and the devastation is massive. This is in the same area where the Green Beret was killed recently. This bomb shatters tunnels in the mountain, not symbolic, this is a massive piece of ordinance. Largest, non-nuclear ordinance in our Air Force.

Called the MOAB, Mother of all Bombs. 21 thousand pounds

Last edited:
View attachment 121584

The bomb was dropped in Afghanistan's Nangarhar province, the Pentagon has confirmed.

The blast radius is believed to be over 300 meters and the weapon is described as "the father of all bombs".

And to think that Obama and Biden dropped the non nuclear bomb at the White House.

View attachment 121584

MOAB would rather stand for "mother of all bombs".

It was used while back, also in Afghanistan, but could have been some older version.

I saw a photo of one of these MOAB's. That's not a bomb, that's a bloody spaceship or a rocket you would launch to the moon. 21,000 pounds!

This can't be cheap to replace, I hope it hit it's location. If there were terrorists hiding in a these cave networks, it couldn't have been a safe place to be when this thing hit the ground. Its apparently far more powerful than the Busters.

View attachment 121584

MOAB would rather stand for "mother of all bombs".

It was used while back, also in Afghanistan, but could have been some older version.

this is the first time the moab has been used in combat

the last biggest one was a 4200 pounder

the moab comes in at 21000 pounds

Last edited:
I saw a photo of one of these MOAB's. That's not a bomb, that's a bloody spaceship or a rocket you would launch to the moon. 21,000 pounds!

This can't be cheap to replace, I hope it hit it's location. If there were terrorists hiding in a these cave networks, it couldn't have been a safe place to be when this thing hit the ground. Its apparently far more powerful than the Busters.

upload_2017-4-13_10-9-47.png

BOOM: The bomb (not pictured) was dropped in Afghanistan this afternoon

they "go off" above ground

about 6 feet above ground

to increase destructive range

i should clarify 4200 pound bombs recently

in Vietnam they used some 15000 pound "daisy cutters" also an air burst bomb

Forum List

Back