Breaking! Trump Says Universal Background Checks Are Off The Table (Thank You President Trump)

Big deal... those RED FLAG LAWS are WORSE.

He's playing with fire dicking around with that shit. He won't get reelected.

Trump is toying with the left, he'll snatch the hope away from the Dem's soon enough to watch them freak out. :auiqs.jpg:
Playing or toying with them could very well lead the people who put their hopes in his consistency to another candidate.

He was elected because he projected that he would be sticking up for people's God given rights in matters such as guns and the ability to refuse vaccines. If he stumbles at that those same people that voted for him may just stay home or possibly vote for someone with a better line.

Trump is toying with the left, he'll snatch the hope away from the Dem's soon enough to watch them freak out. :auiqs.jpg:
Playing or toying with them could very well lead the people who put their hopes in his consistency to another candidate.

He was elected because he projected that he would be sticking up for people's God given rights in matters such as guns and the ability to refuse vaccines. If he stumbles at that those same people that voted for him may just stay home or possibly vote for someone with a better line.

Come on messing with the left is entertaining.

And millions upon millions of people who are gun enthusiasts are saying thanks too. This Ladies and Gentlemen is what Making America Great is about. I encourage everyone of you to join the NRA and support the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution.

Trump called NRA chief to tell him universal background checks are off the table: report

I still don't have a clue what the psychobabble "universal background checks" even means. When you purchase a firearm, you fill out the ATF Form 4473, the dealer phones the name, date-of-birth, sex, race of the potential buyer, the type of transfer – handgun or long gun, and the buyer's Social Security number if they want to expedite the transfer. The system confirms the data against its database of prohibited persons and If there is no "hit," the sale is approved.

If a "hit" does occur, the seller will receive instructions to delay the transaction. A "delay" response shows that the check resulted in information that will require further review by an analyst, who contacts the dealer by return call within a few hours. If records require further investigation, the FBI can take up to 72 hours to issue either a proceed or a denied response. I once had a three-day delay because I had a DUI a month previous, but the transaction went though after that.

So how much more effective could that process be? Unless by "universal background checks" they mean the prohibition of "private sellers" at gun shows. The majority of gun show dealers do the Form 4473 transfer but it is completely legal to sell one's personal firearms, as long as you're not in the business of selling firearms.

Internet firearms sales are another target of the left. But all gun auction sites I know of require a legal FFL transfer. You can sell a rifle or shotgun on a gun auction site, but it has to be shipped to a Federal Firearms Dealer's license holder, who in turn performs the transfer to the purchaser.

Pistols on the other hand, have to shipped from an FFL holder to an FFL holder, who in turn does the transfer. So in effect prohibited persons cannot purchase a firearm online.

Come on messing with the left is entertaining.
If you think so go for it. I think at this point it is a bit foolish myself. Trump is city folk and if people start smelling that city folk attitude on him he's got a perfect opportunity to lose a lot of support.

No one believed he would actually do anything more than talk...

He was never going to push for any kind of gun control and neither will ANY Republican Senators.

They ALL have to go

No one believed he would actually do anything more than talk...

He was never going to push for any kind of gun control and neither will ANY Republican Senators.

They ALL have to go

The funniest tweet I saw in a while was from Amy Klobachar (sp?)….

What is the difference between Trump and Greenland? Greenland is not for sale.

Forum List

Back