Breaking: Trump announces new tariffs on all goods coming from Mexico until immigration is solved!

"On June 10th, the United States will impose a 5% Tariff on all goods coming into our Country from Mexico, until such time as illegal migrants coming through Mexico, and into our Country, STOP. The Tariff will gradually increase until the Illegal Immigration problem is remedied, at which time the Tariffs will be removed. Details from the White House to follow"

Donald J. Trump on Twitter
Trump announces tariffs on Mexico over immigration
Van Halen was hot for teacher, I'm hot for Trump!

It is as if he is doing everything in his power to crash the economy before the next election
the economy is booming thanks to trump and no thanks to parasites on the left!

Fact: trump is riding Obama’s wave .
Nope. Election night and the dip a year ago Trump was blamed. No Mulligans.

"On June 10th, the United States will impose a 5% Tariff on all goods coming into our Country from Mexico, until such time as illegal migrants coming through Mexico, and into our Country, STOP. The Tariff will gradually increase until the Illegal Immigration problem is remedied, at which time the Tariffs will be removed. Details from the White House to follow"

Why does tRump keep punishing the American consumer?

So, it will be poor Americans, the ones who spend 75% of their disposable income at Walmart, who will pay for Trump's tariff war, while the rich, who spend very little on Mexican products, and buy their handbags from Gucci, who are not hurt in the least. Why does this not surprise me?

It is as if he is doing everything in his power to crash the economy before the next election

Election night the DJI closed at 18,332.74, it opened 18,317.26 the next day and closed at 18,589.69.

What is there to "blame" Trump for?

Not t

Not the markets, they are a terrible indicator of the national economy, but the economy in general. It was in great shape when tRump took over. The best you can say is that tRump hasn't totally screwed it up yet.

I wonder what retaliatory tariffs Mexico will enact on, oh I don't know, Wisconsin cheese and mid west corn, for example.

Not t

Not the markets, they are a terrible indicator of the national economy, but the economy in general. It was in great shape when tRump took over. The best you can say is that tRump hasn't totally screwed it up yet.
You mean like the lack of wages during the Obama Error?

He isn't, he is pushing countries who depend on trade with the US to take action. They will take action as production pipelines move from their country to other countries. Not sure why Democrats don't understand this rather simple concept, but I shouldn't be surprised.

Not t

You mean like the lack of wages during the Obama Error?
Lack of what's?

He isn't, he is pushing countries who depend on trade with the US to take action. They will take action as production pipelines move from their country to other countries. Not sure why Democrats don't understand this rather simple concept, but I shouldn't be surprised.
Well, maybe because that's not how it works.

I wonder what retaliatory tariffs Mexico will enact on, oh I don't know, Wisconsin cheese and mid west corn, for example.

Our biggest Ag exports to Mexico are ....Corn, soybeans, dairy products, pork, beef, apples, malt, margarine. Seems most of those are already hurting from his stupid trade war with China.

I guess that 16 billion he was giving them is going to double now.

tariffs are a form of economic nationalism!

Tariffs are a form economic blackmail that the victim pays instead of the guilty.

Right, which is exactly why China countered our tariffs with tariffs of their own. Liberals need a brain transplant.

Ah, DBA, When China retaliates, we not only pay more for Chinese goods, we sell, and produce less ourselves, which costs us jobs. Econ 101 wasn't required at your college?

Not t

Um, the fundamentals of our economy are light years better under Trump than they were under Obama. If you don't think de-regulation and the tax cuts significantly helped the economy, you are beyond help.

Forum List

Back