BREAKING!!! Repubs ask cheating congressman to resign!

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Too bad, so sad :boohoo:

Own Party Asks 'Kissing' Congressman to Resign - NBC News
"Mr. McAllister's extreme hypocrisy is an example of why ordinary people are fed up with politics. A breach of trust of this magnitude can only be rectified by an immediate resignation," said Louisiana GOP Chairman Roger F. Villere, Jr. in a statement. "He has embarrassed our party, our state and the institution of Congress. A video showing him engaged in conduct unbecoming a member of Congress, on public time, in a public office, with one of his employees, was the focus of the national press for days. I call on Mr. McAllister to put the interests of his nation, state and party above his own and step aside."
:rofl:

Last edited:

"Mr. McAllister's extreme hypocrisy is an example of why ordinary people are fed up with politics. A breach of trust of this magnitude can only be rectified by an immediate resignation," said Louisiana GOP Chairman Roger F. Villere, Jr. in a statement. "He has embarrassed our party, our state and the institution of Congress. A video showing him engaged in conduct unbecoming a member of Congress, on public time, in a public office, with one of his employees, was the focus of the national press for days. I call on Mr. McAllister to put the interests of his nation, state and party above his own and step aside."

I wish the parties would "urge" Congresspeople who sleep in bed with corporations and disregard the Constitution to resign as well.

That would actually be an action that would result in meaningful change.

Excellent. It is nice to see someone demonstrating some integrity, instead of what we saw on this forum with faux right wingers defending the hypocrite.

Expect more tu quoque fallacies in this topic. ;)

Last edited:

Excellent. It is nice to see someone demonstrating some integrity, instead of what we saw on this forum with faux right wingers defending the hypocrite.

So you mean just like all the it was just a BJ?? Did you call for Clinton to resign? Bet not

I wish the parties would "urge" Congresspeople who sleep in bed with corporations and disregard the Constitution to resign as well.

That would actually be an action that would result in meaningful change.

I agree. The flag has represented the well-heeled for too long now. Its supposed to represent EVERYONE.

True. More of the "yabut" defense from our fellow rw'ers :D

The staffer that bible-thumping McAllister was humping has done the right thing and already resigned.

He hasn't, and has said he won't. Not only that, he plans on running for re-election. And he has asked the FBI to investigate who leaked the video.

What a guy.

“The thing we always have to be mindful of is how these things affect our brand,” rep. John fleming, r-4th district, said of the GOP.

Exactly!

“It will be a problem for him because he placed himself as a representative of family values,’’ Holman said. “This is just a sex scandal made more important because he has campaigned on this issue.

McAllister is a hypocrite. A destroyer of the institution of marriage and the Republican brand.

Last edited:

So you mean just like all the it was just a BJ?? Did you call for Clinton to resign? Bet not

Tu quoque fallacy #2!

And yes, I did call for him to resign.

“The thing we always have to be mindful of is how these things affect our brand,” rep. John fleming, r-4th district, said of the GOP.

Exactly!

“It will be a problem for him because he placed himself as a representative of family values,’’ Holman said. “This is just a sex scandal made more important because he has campaigned on this issue.

McAllister is a hypocrite. A destroyer of the institution of marriage and the Republican brand.

This makes it embarrassing for the Republicans, but I agree with Kevin in that I think there are a lot bigger fish to fry. Do all these sideshows just serve to divert attention away from the serious threats (exploding debt) that we are facing (or not facing in order to focus on the sideshows?)?

I'm not a Democrat or a Republican (and as a recovering Republican, I will NEVER bind myself to a political party again) so the whole "GOTCHA" game doesn't mean squat to me.

It is just mildly irritating that THIS can get a legislator bounced when funneling money to contractors who also happen to be campaign contributors only guarantees re-election.

"I'm Vance McAlllister. US Army Veteran, job creator, and family man..."

"I'm Vance McAllister. I need your help, I need your prayers..."

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not commented on this story and im glad they are asking hi to resign. He should, but again libtards would never ask a politician to resign for any reason.

For those pissed, just get anothe guy with a little more integrity.

If they did not ask him to resign, or came to his defense...they did something wrong.
If they DO ask him to resign....they did something wrong.

I see how this works.

He did not mind exploiting his family for his "family values" ads:

mof9c.jpg

2wrep1c.jpg

33bpyyh.jpg

The people of Louisiana need to do a gut check. Is this kind of hypocritical scum what they want to speak as their voice? They need to think hard about what it means to represent the people. Does this guy represent what they stand for?

Their decision will tell us a lot about Louisiana Republicans and what their real values are.

11kzjic.jpg

Last edited:

Exactly!

This makes it embarrassing for the Republicans, but I agree with Kevin in that I think there are a lot bigger fish to fry. Do all these sideshows just serve to divert attention away from the serious threats (exploding debt) that we are facing (or not facing in order to focus on the sideshows?)?

Yes. For God's sake, let the right wingers get back to the more important topics about Obama's golf games and Michelle's fat ass going on vacations!

Forum List

Back