Breaking. Prop 8.... struck down.

That is one of the dumbest fucking things I have heard...

You may as well say "let the professionals handle it and I will believe them" because you're ignorant to the Constitution...

WTF...

That's why this country is so fucked in the first place..

Why don't you read the constitution and bring me some evidence that supports civil unions or gay marriage??

IMO, If a state wants civil unions I could give a fuck either or - states have a Tenth Amendment right to self legislate.

The Fourteenth Amendment could justify about anything from communism in the US to an eye-for-an-eye criminal system.

Equal protection my ass...

Protection from what???

Lynch mobs or those with political views???

Well see Mr. Nick, the federal government has to get involved in the marriage contract thing because of things like immigration, IRS tax returns, Social Security benefits, transfer gifts without tax penalty, etc.

So where in the Constitution does it say you get to file a joint tax return when you get married but I don't? Where does it say you should inherit your spouse's SS benefits but I shouldn't?

They "have to get involved" :lol:

Why???

Why should marriage be recognized by the state and especially the federal government anyways??

The federal government certainly has no right to recognize a marriage, I suppose the states can legislate how they wish...

There is nothing in the Bill of Rights that even touches on the subject. As a matter of fact one could argue marriage as a religious issue hence the benefits. I truly believe that is why heterosexual couples are covered - because it is a religious First Amendment issue.

Marriage is a sacrament...

It is a sacrament.... only if you get married in a church.

Im sure you have heard of a thing called a civil marriage.

Well see Mr. Nick, the federal government has to get involved in the marriage contract thing because of things like immigration, IRS tax returns, Social Security benefits, transfer gifts without tax penalty, etc.

So where in the Constitution does it say you get to file a joint tax return when you get married but I don't? Where does it say you should inherit your spouse's SS benefits but I shouldn't?

Why???

Why should marriage be recognized by the state and especially the federal government anyways??

The federal government certainly has no right to recognize a marriage, I suppose the states can legislate how they wish...

There is nothing in the Bill of Rights that even touches on the subject. As a matter of fact one could argue marriage as a religious issue hence the benefits. I truly believe that is why heterosexual couples are covered - because it is a religious First Amendment issue.

I've got news for you Nick, I don't give a crap about the religious contribution to the marriage contract and neither does the federal government. If it wasn't for immigration, tax and all that, the government wouldn't be involved. You can get married by Catholics, Pagans, Druids, Wiccans, Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence.... It's all the same to the government. And the government will recognize any ceremonial marriage rite performed by any of these groups....... as long as it's a man and a woman, for right now.

Besides, you're the one yapping about marriage being a contract and all... how the hell do you think immigration would be handled if the federal government didn't get involved? How about income taxes? What do you want, total marriage anarchy? You think things will just "handle themselves"?

That's the problem - you have no respect for the Bill of Rights...

The Bill of Rights isn't opinion tyrant fuck...

If this nation was opinion rather than a democratic republic we would be either a) a totalitarian nation or b) an anarchist nation...

Funny how the founders of the Bill of Rights saw that - at least James Madison and Thomas Jefferson did..

That is one of the dumbest fucking things I have heard...

You may as well say "let the professionals handle it and I will believe them" because you're ignorant to the Constitution...

WTF...

That's why this country is so fucked in the first place..

Why don't you read the constitution and bring me some evidence that supports civil unions or gay marriage??

IMO, If a state wants civil unions I could give a fuck either or - states have a Tenth Amendment right to self legislate.

The Fourteenth Amendment could justify about anything from communism in the US to an eye-for-an-eye criminal system.

Equal protection my ass...

Protection from what???

Lynch mobs or those with political views???

Why???

Use of the single term "marriage" (in the realm of political discussion) is misleading.

The date that "marriage" became part of secular law the concept of whatever it was before was split into two distinct and separate realms: Religious Marriage and Civil Marriage.

Religious Marriage: Those marriages established as a function of a religious organization. There are some religious organizations that recognize same-sex marriages, there are others that do not. There are religious organizations that don't recognize valid Civil Marriages also if the Civil Marriage occurs outside the dogma of the specific religious organization.

Civil Marriage: Civil Marriages are established under the rules and authority of civil government. Individuals can be married by a religious organization, but if they don't follow civil law, then, as it pertains to Civil Marriage - those religious marriages are not recognized for governmental purposes. A couple can be "married" in a Church/Temple/Synagogue, but if they don't obtain the requisite paperwork from the State that marriage is not valid under Civil Law.​

Sacraments (or Religious Marriage) is in gthe realm of the sponsoring religious organization. Civil Marriage is that defined and recognized under the law.

>>>>

Moot
adj \ˈmüt\
Definition of MOOT
a : open to question : debatable b : subjected to discussion : disputed

Moot - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Actually no.

>>>>

Are you really that ignorant or are you just stubborn??

Did you beat your wife today?

Seems you have a problem (to go along with the chip on your shoulder), I provided a well known dictionary's definition of a word which I used which you seemed to have an issue with, seems pretty intellectually honest to me.

>>>>

Don't you know? He has a dictionary in his back pocket along with his copy of his constitution....he knows everything about dictionary words.

Why???

I've got news for you Nick, I don't give a crap about the religious contribution to the marriage contract and neither does the federal government. If it wasn't for immigration, tax and all that, the government wouldn't be involved. You can get married by Catholics, Pagans, Druids, Wiccans, Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence.... It's all the same to the government. And the government will recognize any ceremonial marriage rite performed by any of these groups....... as long as it's a man and a woman, for right now.

Besides, you're the one yapping about marriage being a contract and all... how the hell do you think immigration would be handled if the federal government didn't get involved? How about income taxes? What do you want, total marriage anarchy? You think things will just "handle themselves"?

If this nation was opinion rather than a democratic republic we would be either a) a totalitarian nation or b) an anarchist nation...

Funny how the founders of the Bill of Rights saw that - at least James Madison and Thomas Jefferson did..

You mean the Bill of Rights that the primary author of the 14th Amendment specifically said was intended to extend and made a requirement for the States to follow.

>>>>

Last edited:

Why???

That's not a marriage.....It's a union..

Once again union is nothing but contract...

Why???

Those are perfectly legitimate questions I just asked. Why are you glossing over them?

Last edited:

Why???

You may think it is called a union. However.... every city calls it marriage.

Just one of many... feel free to look it up.

Marriage Certificates - New York State Department of Health

And I'm not jumping off a bridge just because I'm told it's the right thing to do.

Not to mention who gives a fuck what a city calls it...

WTF...

Last edited:

And I'm not jumping off a bridge just because I'm told it's the right thing to do.

WTF...

All city's call it a marriage license... not a union license... or has that escaped you?

Those are perfectly legitimate questions I just asked. Why are you glossing over them?

They may be legitimate, but that doesn't mean anything when it comes to the constitution.

The constitution exists for a reason - do decide what you believe is reasonable and what I decide is reasonable - that is the point you know...

That and grant individuals civil liberties, which of course limit the government (allegedly)..

WTF...

WTF...

What... we should just give a fuck what you call it? You're the one whining: that's not a marriage, it's a union......

You're wrong, as syrenn and WorldWatcher have shown. The government calls it marriage.

I have no links yet.... but same sex marriage is a go in California again.

So how will that affect you personally? Anyone here want to tell me how this will affect them personally?
I asked my wife and she said she's not going to run out and become a lesbian. I'm not going gay. The dogs are not going cat...

WTF...

All city's call it a marriage license... not a union license... or has that escaped you?

Fuck a city...... A city cannot be separate from the state...

You mean the STATE....

Licenses shouldn't be handed out to anyone...

So how will that affect you personally? Anyone here want to tell me how this will affect them personally?
I asked my wife and she said she's not going to run out and become a lesbian. I'm not going gay. The dogs are not going cat...

It will not affect me one bit. It will however affect anyone who is gay and wants to get married.

Allowing the mob to make laws that are unconstitutional and discriminatory......IS my business and it does affect me.

WTF...

Fuck a city...... A city cannot be separate from the state...

You mean the STATE....

Licenses shouldn't be handed out to anyone...

I mean... CITY. Citys make up states... obviously you have never been married or applied for a marriage licensee. You do not get one from the state... you get one from the city or county in which you want to be married.

I agree....marriage licenses should not be handed out to just anyone... briteny spears and kim kardashian are two that come to mind.

They may be legitimate, but that doesn't mean anything when it comes to the constitution.

The constitution exists for a reason - do decide what you believe is reasonable and what I decide is reasonable - that is the point you know...

That and grant individuals civil liberties, which of course limit the government (allegedly)..

WTF...

Tossing around catch-words like Constitution, civil liberties and "limit the government" into a big word-salad isn't going to distract us.

You need to tell us why you think you get to file a joint tax-return and same-sex couples don't and where in the Constitution it says so.

WTF...

What... we should just give a fuck what you call it? You're the one whining: that's not a marriage, it's a union......

You're wrong, as syrenn and WorldWatcher have shown. The government calls it marriage.

ONCE AGAIN A MARRIAGE IS A RELIGIOUS DOCTRINE!!!!!

Calling it marriage would be a first amendment violation....

Marriage was only called marriage because this nation at one point was made up of 99% of God fearing Christians...

Could you imagine our founding fathers or anyone for that matter 75 years ago using language like "gay marriage" or "civil unions?"

So why the FUCK do you think they use the word "marriage?"

Or do you only subscribe to the last 40 years of history???

It will not affect me one bit. It will however affect anyone who is gay and wants to get married.

Allowing the mob to make laws that are unconstitutional and discriminatory......IS my business and it does affect me.

I agree. That's why I think it's great that they can get married!

Forum List

Back