Breaking: Pence Lawyers Up

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
MSNBC is reporting that Pence has lawyered-up by retaining personal outside counsel. More details below:

Vice President Mike Pence’s office on Thursday confirmed that Pence has retained outside counsel to guide him through the congressional and federal investigations into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

“I can confirm that the Vice President has retained Richard Cullen of McGuire Woods to assist him in responding to inquiries by the special counsel,” Pence’s communications director Jarrod Agen told the Washington Post by email.

Agen said Pence “looks forward to a swift conclusion of this matter.”

The White House did not immediately respond to TPM’s request for comment.

The Washington Post reported, citing an unnamed aide, that it took several weeks for Pence to hire Cullen and several candidates were interviewed for the job.

More: Pence Hires Outside Counsel To Guide Him Through Russia Investigations

Last edited:
This should send a clear message to Trump's aides - especially after Trump's lawyer said they didn't need personal legal counsel.

How can that be? Two right wingers just told me that Trump has been cleared, along with all his cabinet and friends, and the only thing left to do is prosecute Obama, the Clintons, and anybody that had anything to do with them. They seemed pretty sure of themselves as they quoted rush hannity and all those other right wing talking heads.

This should send a clear message to Trump's aides - especially after Trump's lawyer said they didn't need personal legal counsel.
They don't, unless they met with Russian agents or lied to cover up for people who did.

Given how unhinged the left is, any Republican should have a lawyer on staff. It doesn't cost anything to file law suits these days.

Hell, I'm thinking that the GOP should flood the courts with lawsuits against the Democrats.

I'm sure Pence has retained a good "Christian" lawyer.

WHY -- would Pence need a lawyer? What's his criminal liabilities here? And of course, if youre being called to a McCarthy Hearing -- you "lawyer up".. All this is gonna end like the ORIGINAL McCarthy hearings..

Because chief is a fucking liar who is spreading misinformation to distract ppl from reality.

How can you not see that?

WHY -- would Pence need a lawyer? What's his criminal liabilities here? And of course, if youre being called to a McCarthy Hearing -- you "lawyer up".. All this is gonna end like the ORIGINAL McCarthy hearings..

Yeah, we know - it's just another "nothing burger"...

Because chief is a fucking liar who is spreading misinformation to distract ppl from reality.

How can you not see that?

Hey, Pence's office said it. Read the OP.

Forum List

Back