Breaking News: U.S. Supreme Court Stops Gay Marriage In Utah

Pursuit of happiness is not the same as attainment of happiness...
wink_smile.gif

True--but no other person has the right to stand in the way of someone else's pursuit of happiness whether that person achieves it or not.
Unless society at-large determines that activities and behaviors related to such pursuit are detrimental to society.

You have to actually demonstrate said detriment. Go!

"...Civil Unions for gays and legal marriage for straights is unconstitutional..."
Only according to present-day interpretation.

All it takes a a reverting back to an older and more traditional interpretation, and, suddenly it's no longer unconstitutional.

"...Civil Unions for gays and legal marriage for straights is unconstitutional..."

All it takes a a reverting back to an older and more traditional interpretation, and, suddenly it's no longer unconstitutional.

Separate but equal. Look it up.
Having a black skin color is not detrimental to society.

Engaging in perverse and unnatural sexual practices is oftentimes deemed detrimental to society.

Look it up.

A pre-14th Amendment application of the Constitution to marriage means pre-Loving.

I assume we could go back, but there would be a lot of interracial couples and their families plus a whole bunch of the rest of us to go back to traditional marriage where coloreds could only marry colored and whites could only marry whites.

>>>>

True--but no other person has the right to stand in the way of someone else's pursuit of happiness whether that person achieves it or not.
Unless society at-large determines that activities and behaviors related to such pursuit are detrimental to society.

Here you are:

From 2008 to 2010, new HIV infections increased 22% among young (aged 13-24) MSM CDC ? Fact Sheet - Gay and Bisexual Men ? Gender ? Risk ? HIV/AIDS

AND

ATLANTA [2005 Clinical Psychiatry News] -- Substance abuse is pervasive among gay men and is so intricately intertwined with epidemics of depression, partner abuse, and childhood sexual abuse that adequately addressing one issue requires attention to the others as well, said Ronald Stall, Ph.D., chief of prevention research for the division of HIV/AIDS prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta...

AND

Mayo Clinic Special Article 2007

One of the most obvious examples of an environmental
factor that increases the chances of an individual becoming
an offender is if he or she were sexually abused as a child
This relationship is known as the “victim-to-abuser cycle”
or “abused-abusers phenomena.”

why the “abuse dabusers phenomena” occurs: identification with the aggressor,
in which the abused child is trying to gain a new
identity by becoming the abuser; an imprinted sexual
arousal pattern established by early abuse; early abuse
leading to hypersexual behavior; or a form of social learning took place
http://www.drrichardhall.com/Articles/pedophiles.pdf

The same years the sudden increase in HIV in boys ages 13-24 are the same years gay is getting mainstreamed in society through the vehicle of marriage.

Also see this article:

http://www.pphp.concordia.ca/fac/pfaus/Pfaus-Kippin-Centeno(2001).pdf
Conditioning and Sexual Behavior: A Review
James G. Pfaus,1 Tod E. Kippin, and Soraya Centeno
Center for Studies in Behavioral Neurobiology, Department of Psychology, Concordia
University, 1455 deMaisonneuve Bldg. W., Montre´al, Que´bec, H3G 1M8 Canada
Received August 9, 2000, accepted March 1, 2001

It is a peer-reviewed article with about 350 citations in its bibliography. It documents the nature of social conditioning upon sexual choices and thereby sexual conditioning [orientation] post natally. It concludes that humans can be expected to be subjected to the same laws and conclusions. Lengthy article but well worth the read for those who are say, arguing innate vs behavioral in, say, a courtroom or Supreme Courtroom...

Last edited:
Now...as in California, there are some legally married gays in Utah..and some who are not allowed to get legally married. That barn door is now open...can't close it.

Gay marriages in California are not now, nor have they ever been legal. Look at the constitution.

CALIFORNIA CONSTITUTION
ARTICLE 1 DECLARATION OF RIGHTS

SEC. 7.5. Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or
recognized in California. http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/.const/.article_1

It may disappoint you to know that the US Supreme Court affirmed that in DOMA where they noted that a state's consensus is the only entity to have the right to affirm or deny gay marriage and that that right is retroactive to the founding of the country.

You will be hearing more about that exact wording as the Utah case progresses to Washington DC.

Last edited:
This won't happen: "Unless society at-large determines that activities and behaviors related to such pursuit are detrimental to society."

Yep, elections only count when the commies agrees with the society at large, other wise it's a job for the courts.

Engaging in perverse and unnatural sexual practices is oftentimes deemed detrimental to society.

Look it up.

Saying it does not make it so. You must actually demonstrate said detriment. Go.

The main detriment? The fact that this issue has succeeded in dividing Americans far and wide. Normally, I would work to end that derision in one way or another.

The main detriment? The fact that this issue has succeeded in dividing Americans far and wide. Normally, I would work to end that derision in one way or another.

BZZZZTTTT. Won't stand up in court. Who is causing this division? On one hand you have a group of people wanting equal rights...on the other people wanting to stop those equal rights. Who is creating this "division"?

We could end it. Marriage equality in all 50 states would "end" it.

Look it up.

Being stupid is detrimental to society. But nobody is denying you the right to marriage.

Look it up.

Based on what?

I could only speak for myself, however as a man of faith, I don't acknowledge nor endorse gay marriage. My faith is extremely important to me, and I would not ever consider abandoning my faith in order to endorse gay marriage.

And I would hope you would never be asked to.

Now...let's go on to civil laws....do you think that civil laws should be at the beck and call of religious beliefs?
Of course not. However we need to use common sense and good judgment. For instance, if I were employed as an IRS official, and my faith would prevent me from processing same sex joint tax returns, I should be excused from that part of the job. The IRS would need to provide special accommodation so the IRS official would not lose his job because of his faith.

I must have missed the part of the bible that said christians should judge, hate, and deny people that live their lives a way christians don't agree with. Yup, must have skipped right over that while busy reading how Jesus taught his followers to love they neighbor, hate the sin and not the sinner, and to help people whenever possible.

If your religion says being gay is wrong, fine, then you personally should not be gay. But saying that your religion forbids you from interacting with people just because they don't believe the same thing you do is an affront to christianity.

I must have missed the part of the bible that said christians should judge, hate, and deny people that live their lives a way christians don't agree with. Yup, must have skipped right over that while busy reading how Jesus taught his followers to love they neighbor, hate the sin and not the sinner, and to help people whenever possible.

If your religion says being gay is wrong, fine, then you personally should not be gay. But saying that your religion forbids you from interacting with people just because they don't believe the same thing you do is an affront to christianity.

Hezekiah 12:22

Forum List

Back