Breaking news: mail-in ballots did allow for illegal ballot harvesting

You are conflating "ballot harvesting" (legal in 31 states) with actual fraud.

That's dishonest and cynical
Ballot harvesting makes fraud easier to accomplish. When I'm in the voting booth no one else can vote for me and I can't give my ballot to someone else to run through the machine. Same should be for voting outside of the polling station. You place your own vote or you mail your own vote in.

It depends on what you call fraud. In your mind it is perfectly alright for a person to talk people into voting for who that person wants the others to vote for (such as in assisted living facilities, nursing homes, and apartment complexes) and gather up all of those ballots and drop dozens or hundreds of them off, somehow not dropping off any where you know that the individuals didn't vote for the person you wanted. Or, you could gather all of those ballots up from the other side, pretending you are with them, and purposely not drop any of the ballots off at all, making hundreds of people think they voted when they actually didn't. So they wouldn't find a way to vote because they mistakenly believed they already had. All of that is perfectly fine with you.

I do? Funny how that would be illegal here. In Colorado, a person may return up to 10 ballots that is authorized by the elector. Since all drop boxes are monitored 24/7, anyone trying to drop off more than that will be ID'd, arrested and prosecuted and the ballots inside that drop off box will be picked up and audited. It's a little tough doing voter fraud from the county lockup.

We are right back to it's just as easy to do the fraud you keep screaming about even in voting in person. And it's done in the South all the time by your bunch. Tell me, is it illegal to pay another person 100 bucks, transport them to the voting booth and give them a ride back as long as they vote the way you want them to? Believe it or not, it's perfectly legal in most states. At least, they don't have laws against it. The way to stop this is for an authorized county authority to go to that rest home and allow people to vote in person (We have that in Colorado), open more polling places, and/or extend the voting periods. Oh, and get Covid under control.

The biggest voting fraud we have had around here is done by our Republican County Clerk. Tina Peters is a follower of the My Pillow Dude and even accepted an all expense paid trip by him to a rally which was way outside the "Gift" limit. She also allowed unauthorized people to come in and copy the voting records that are supposed to be sealed. Since then, the state has found 5 other County Clerks that have done the same thing, all republican. What it's shown is that the "Rumpster Voter Fraud" has gone way off the rez and needs to just stop. And it shows that we do need a universal voting law on the books for Federal Offices. And we need to prosecute those 6 County Clerks whom are all elected officials.

Pennsylvania actually ignored their own rules for voting in 2020.
There were rule changes due to the pandemic and the GOP controls the legislature. They approved the rules and they wouldn`t allow the mail in votes to be counted until the polls were closed. The mail in ballots were overwhelmingly from Democrats who understand what it means to be contagious. That`s why the lead the GOP had at 8:00 disappeared overnight.

Your system allows someone to canvass areas, talk vulnerable people into voting for who YOU want them to vote for and then drop off hundreds of ballots. Or, your system allows someone to pretend they are on the side of a canvassed area, get their ballots, let these people believe you will be dropping those ballots off, and then not drop them off at all.

There are no laws against canvasing areas and talking vulernable people into voting whom you want them to. If there was, Alabama would have to shut down their elections. In Colorado, a person authorized by the elector (voter) can only do up to 10 in the entire election. When you are talking about millions of votes, it hardly makes it worth the effort. If any Party were to do that at such a rate that it does make a difference then it would be such a huge scale that the State would see it and I am sure that the Legislature would pass a bill to prevent it from happening. And the stink would pretty well kill off the offending party. I realize that you may say that the other "Side" is doing it because you want to yourself but it just ain't happening. At least, not enough to really swing a single election one way or the other.

Ballot harvesting makes fraud easier to accomplish. When I'm in the voting booth no one else can vote for me and I can't give my ballot to someone else to run through the machine. Same should be for voting outside of the polling station. You place your own vote or you mail your own vote in.

And you were transported, schooled, given 100 bucks on the way back as long as you voted the way you were paid to. Welcome to the old way of Voter Fraud. But it's the "Conservative" method so it's okay, right?

Jesus! I thought that by now everyone knew about a contagious epidemic killing hundreds of thousands of people. That`s why Pa. had mail in ballots, genius.

da0985e70b72b28488d0397a039424bd.gif

Yo, nitwit. That has nothing to do with a legislative Act which violates consent of the governed being obtained prior to altering PA's Constitution. Of course, only geniuses, and those with common sense, would understand this ___ categories you are far removed from.

JWK

You did not answer the question. What do YOU want to happen as a result of this being ruled unconstitional?

Its not a trick question….
I want the Constitution abided by. Is that not obvious from my posts?

JWK

I said nothing of the kind.
You did not answer an innocuous question.

Do you have a problem with limits placed on who may collect and submit a ballot of a nursing home resident to protect against fraud?

JWK

Do you have a problem with limits placed on who may collect and submit a ballot of a nursing home resident to protect against fraud?
That begs the question...what fraud are you worrying about?

You yourself quoted examples that could be used for widespread fraud. Why is that you guys demand Covid passports to go places but anyone can go vote without papers?

Since when is what you claim a fact. You are just rambling now. Now to bust your bubble, I have voted more for Republicans in my lifetime than any other party. Yes, Gertrude, I am an old style Republican. But since you are loyal to only one person, you wouldn't understand us. WE built things that you take for granted today. WE care about ALL Americans. WE made America Great. Not Great Again, we made it great.

That begs the question...what fraud are you worrying about?
Wrong. That was the question.

JWK

Like the Wuhan lab leak, everyone with a clue knew this was an obvious problem. The American media is so bad.
The Chinese Communist Party is counting on America’s Fifth Column media [MSNBC, NEW YORK TIMES, CNN, WASHINGTON POST, ATLANTIC MAGAZINE, New York Daily News, Time, ETC.], and their Yellow Journalists, to delude the American people.

JWK

The Chinese Communist Party is counting on America’s Fifth Column media [MSNBC, NEW YORK TIMES, CNN, WASHINGTON POST, ATLANTIC MAGAZINE, New York Daily News, Time, ETC.], and their Yellow Journalists, to delude the American people.

JWK

14 Points of Fascism
Rule 6: Controlled Mass Media
Sometimes to media is directly controlled by the government, but in other cases, the media is indirectly controlled by government regulation, or sympathetic media spokespeople and executives. Censorship, especially in war time, is very common.

The other way to control the mass media is what Rump and Mussolini did and that is to discredit it and start your own media or promote the media that promotes the person or ideas you authorize. But in the end, it's another case of attempting to control the Mass Media.

I want the Constitution abided by. Is that not obvious from my posts?

JWK

What SPECIFICALLY do you want Pennsylvania to do NOW?

Following the constitution is a given.

What specific actions should be taken to rectify this?

Since when is what you claim a fact. You are just rambling now. Now to bust your bubble, I have voted more for Republicans in my lifetime than any other party. Yes, Gertrude, I am an old style Republican. But since you are loyal to only one person, you wouldn't understand us. WE built things that you take for granted today. WE care about ALL Americans. WE made America Great. Not Great Again, we made it great.

What a load of crap. At least he does recognize at the end that we need to make America great again! But seriously, you offer Jeff Daniels and that tripe?
Jeff-Daniels-Dumb-and-Dumber-2-e1586265032345.png

"To protect against fraud"

What fraud would eliminating ballot harvesting prevent?

Remembering of course that "ballot harvesting" is the collection of legal ballots and delivering them to their designated polling place

Forum List

Back