Breaking News: Comey Acted On Intel He Knew Was Fake

I guess it beats the MSM's previous narrative that "Comey was fooled by Russian intelligence". Either way the typical fake news generated by unverified (yawn) unidentified "sources" doesn't rise to the level of "breaking news" except in the minds of desperate lefties.

Comey acted on Russian intelligence he knew was fake

Washington (CNN) -- Then-FBI Director James Comey knew that a critical piece of information relating to the investigation into Hillary Clinton's email was fake -- created by Russian intelligence -- but he feared that if it became public it would undermine the probe and the Justice Department itself, according to multiple officials with knowledge of the process.

As a result, Comey acted unilaterally last summer to publicly declare the investigation over -- without consulting then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch -- while at the same time stating that Clinton had been "extremely careless" in her handling of classified information. His press conference caused a firestorm of controversy and drew criticism from both Democrats and Republicans.

Comey's actions based on what he knew was Russian disinformation offer a stark example of the way Russian interference impacted the decisions of the highest-level US officials during the 2016 campaign.

The Washington Post reported Wednesday that this Russian intelligence was unreliable. US officials now tell CNN that Comey and FBI officials actually knew early on that this intelligence was indeed false.

More: The former FBI chief feared if the information got out it would undermine the Clinton email probe, sources say

Breaking on CNN. Here is my synopsis as I currently understand it:

Trump's bully tactics don't seem to be serving him very well in government. Although Republicans control the Supreme Court, Congress and White House, I expect that American patriotism will give us an outcome in the Trump-Russia crises that most of us will be reasonably satisfied with. However, there is one humongous wrong that can't be corrected - how Hillary Clinton was unfairly robbed of the presidency. Comey must burn in hell for how he messed that up. Reportedly, Comey opened his investigation into her emails based on a fake Russian document. Then, as time passed by, and he became more convinced he was duped (as others around him warned), he muddied the waters with all his subjective comments about Hillary being careless and sloppy with how she handled supposedly classified documents but nothing rose to the level of a crime that no prosecutor would pursue. He never admitted that his entire investigation was based on a fake Russian document - and he bypassed Attorney General Lynch right before the election to publicly state he was ending his investigation. He felt compelled to do this to keep AG Lynch from divulging that he was duped by a fake document - which we wouldn't know about except for the excellent reporting by The New York Times and The Washington Post - and other media professionals. Whether one loves or hates Hillary Clinton - one cannot deny how unfairly she was robbed of the presidency.

If anyone disagrees with the facts as I've stated them above - I welcome any factual corrections you may have to offer.

Comey should be fired!

I agree - but not in the middle of his Trump investigation - which we didn't know about until March 20, 2017.

When did we first learn that Comey was investigating Trump?

March 20, 2017 - two full months after Trump became president. Therefore, after hearing this new information, why would Hillary supporters who were previously calling for Comey's head want to see him fired in the middle of his Trump-Russia investigation?

FBI Director James Comey told lawmakers Monday that his agency has been investigating possible coordination between the Trump campaign and Russian officials since last July.

The newly revealed timeline — which Comey detailed in a much-anticipated House Intelligence Committee hearing — means the FBI probe was occurring during the peak of an alleged Russian campaign to destabilize the presidential race and eventually help elect President Donald Trump.

Comey: FBI launched Trump-Russia probe in July - POLITICO

You mean the Trump investigation that hasn't a shred of proof but the democrats will keep on life support by any means until the 2018 elections? That investigation?

So Trump was right about him

No one is arguing that point. Comey violated DOJ protocol all the way throughout Clinton's investigation--and there is no doubt that Comey is the reason Trump is President today. I don't believe there is a person in this country today that doesn't believe Comey needed to be fired. He is a self-rightous SOB--a rogue that wouldn't listen to anyone including the DOJ. And frankly he should have never been put in charge of this Russian investigation--because he is also under investigation for his interference into the election. Meaning Comey was compromised. Obama didn't fire Comey because he thought it would look too political.
DOJ to Investigate James Comey and the FBI

HOWEVER--Trump's problem is not firing Comey--but the timing of it. If Trump would have fired Comey the first day of being sworn in--he probably would have received credit for doing so, but he didn't. Instead Trump praised him for violating DOJ protocol--and when the tables turned and he was under investigation then Comey was the asshole and it was time to fire him.

Trump-Comey-Kiss.jpg

It sure didn't help Trump when he got on T.V. and admitted to obstruction of Justice--which is an impeachable offense.

No one is arguing that point. Comey violated DOJ protocol all the way throughout Clinton's investigation--and there is no doubt that Comey is the reason Trump is President today. I don't believe there is a person in this country today that doesn't believe Comey needed to be fired. He is a self-rightous SOB--a rogue that wouldn't listen to anyone including the DOJ. And frankly he should have never been put in charge of this Russian investigation--because he is also under investigation for his interference into the election. Meaning Comey was compromised. Obama didn't fire Comey because he thought it would look too political.

HOWEVER--Trump's problem is not firing Comey--but the timing of it. If Trump would have fired Comey the first day of being sworn in--he probably would have received credit for doing so, but he didn't. Instead Trump praised him for violating DOJ protocol--and when the tables turned and he was under investigation then Comey was the asshole and it was time to fire him.

Trump-Comey-Kiss.jpg

It sure didn't help Trump when he got on T.V. and admitted to obstruction of Justice--which is an impeachable offense.

Wow! That's the most reasonable post from a lefty I've seen in the past year. It's still wrong because no one but the left cares about the timing or the fake investigation.

Trump-Comey-Kiss.jpg

Give it up with the timing stuff no one but the alt left believes it, one day after Trump was sworn in or three months after he was sworn in it was all the same because the investigation was already 7 months old.

Comey acted on Russian intelligence he knew was fake

Washington (CNN) -- Then-FBI Director James Comey knew that a critical piece of information relating to the investigation into Hillary Clinton's email was fake -- created by Russian intelligence -- but he feared that if it became public it would undermine the probe and the Justice Department itself, according to multiple officials with knowledge of the process.

As a result, Comey acted unilaterally last summer to publicly declare the investigation over -- without consulting then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch -- while at the same time stating that Clinton had been "extremely careless" in her handling of classified information. His press conference caused a firestorm of controversy and drew criticism from both Democrats and Republicans.

Comey's actions based on what he knew was Russian disinformation offer a stark example of the way Russian interference impacted the decisions of the highest-level US officials during the 2016 campaign.

The Washington Post reported Wednesday that this Russian intelligence was unreliable. US officials now tell CNN that Comey and FBI officials actually knew early on that this intelligence was indeed false.

More: The former FBI chief feared if the information got out it would undermine the Clinton email probe, sources say - CNN

Breaking on CNN. Here is my synopsis as I currently understand it:

Trump's bully tactics don't seem to be serving him very well in government. Although Republicans control the Supreme Court, Congress and White House, I expect that American patriotism will give us an outcome in the Trump-Russia crises that most of us will be reasonably satisfied with. However, there is one humongous wrong that can't be corrected - how Hillary Clinton was unfairly robbed of the presidency. Comey must burn in hell for how he messed that up. Reportedly, Comey opened his investigation into her emails based on a fake Russian document. Then, as time passed by, and he became more convinced he was duped (as others around him warned), he muddied the waters with all his subjective comments about Hillary being careless and sloppy with how she handled supposedly classified documents but nothing rose to the level of a crime that no prosecutor would pursue. He never admitted that his entire investigation was based on a fake Russian document - and he bypassed Attorney General Lynch right before the election to publicly state he was ending his investigation. He felt compelled to do this to keep AG Lynch from divulging that he was duped by a fake document - which we wouldn't know about except for the excellent reporting by The New York Times and The Washington Post - and other media professionals. Whether one loves or hates Hillary Clinton - one cannot deny how unfairly she was robbed of the presidency.

If anyone disagrees with the facts as I've stated them above - I welcome any factual corrections you may have to offer.

Comey screwed it up from start to finish, he laid out a prima facie case against the bitch, then admitted he hadn't considered her false exculpatory testimony to congress, which would have gone to intent in any court of law. She should be thanking God for Comey, because shes not in jail, yet. Muller may fix that mistake.

American taxpaying citizens voted for The Donald in a landslide. Get over it butthurt nutcases blaming outside influences.

Forum List

Back