Breaking: MSNBC : Prez Obama REJECTS ALL MILITARY OPTIONS IN AFGHANISTAN

Myabe I'm thought of as a partisan, but I'm looking at this as a skeptic....I really do get a feeling that Obama has made this decision trying to shore up the moderate democrats, and possible Independents in light of how the elections came out in Jersey, and Virginia.
I know, I'm going to take some heat on this, but I just don't trust politicians....and they are all calculating bastards for a vote.
Without any reasonable doubt! One should NEVER trust a politician...from any party.

Absolutely!

I think it's time to bring the troops home from Afganistan. Without a strategy of a victory, or an end game, this will end up like Viet Nam, with a lot of our military becoming statistics. I don't want to see that again.....ever.

Obama is being dishonest.

His goal is to get out any way possible and the way he wants to do it is let things fester and deteriorate to the point where the cry to withdraw is so great he can't be blamed when he does it.

It happened that way in Vietnam and Clinton set that scenario up in Somalia while myself and my buddies were left hanging in a hostile city. (Mogadishu)

I just don't understand why he wanted to be in charge of the military when he intended on being derelict in his duties once he got the job.

I think it's time to bring the troops home from Afganistan. Without a strategy of a victory, or an end game, this will end up like Viet Nam, with a lot of our military becoming statistics. I don't want to see that again.....ever.

His goal is to get out any way possible and the way he wants to do it is let things fester and deteriorate to the point where the cry to withdraw is so great he can't be blamed when he does it.

It happened that way in Vietnam and Clinton set that scenario up in Somalia while myself and my buddies were left hanging in a hostile city. (Mogadishu)

I just don't understand why he wanted to be in charge of the military when he intended on being derelict in his duties once he got the job.
Yes. And it's beyond slimy.

To understand Obama better, I recommend that people review his speeches. Not the content but the man. I have found it very telling that he speaks with such passion and eloquence when he talks about certain subjects. Yet, when he talks about our military, etc, he speaks the words but there is nothing behind them. He doesn't care.

To understand Obama better, I recommend that people review his speeches. Not the content but the man. I have found it very telling that he speaks with such passion and eloquence when he talks about certain subjects. Yet, when he talks about our military, etc, he speaks the words but there is nothing behind them. He doesn't care.
I prefer to look at transcripts, but I'll note that and listen.

Beyond that, his actions speak volumes on the level of importance he gives those in uniform.

His goal is to get out any way possible .

Let me remind you -again- we should have never invaded that country and there is no reason for us to remain there, So to get the fuck out there any way possible sounds good to me.

It's pretty obvious. Quite a change from Bush.

Obama rarely visits our men and women in uniform. Anyone he doesn't like he ignores ....which is what he's been doing to our troops.

Excellent news, Obama is one bright and decisive leader. Afghanistan is not a war, it is a nation building endeavor. Afghanistan is a tribal society, corrupt and without the underpinning of a civil society. If we as a nation assume responsibility for bringing nations into modern times we do so at our peril.

Just War Tradition: Is It Credible?

Excellent news, Obama is one bright and decisive leader. Afghanistan is not a war, it is a nation building endeavor. Afghanistan is a tribal society, corrupt and without the underpinning of a civil society. If we as a nation assume responsibility for bringing nations into modern times we do so at our peril.

Decisive? That is far from an accurate nor appropriate adjective for Obama in this issue. So far, it's inaccurate and inappropriate.

Last edited:

Let me remind you -again- we should have never invaded that country and there is no reason for us to remain there, So to get the fuck out there any way possible sounds good to me.

I think you're confused.

Obama and the Dems said this was the good war.

You must be thinking of Iraq.

The reason we're supposed to be in Afghanistan is to find Bin Laden.

Last time I looked we haven't found him yet.

I prefer to look at transcripts, but I'll note that and listen.

Beyond that, his actions speak volumes on the level of importance he gives those in uniform.

I normally do that - use the transcripts instead of the spoken word. Easier to analyse the content. However, seriously, do get hold of his speeches when he talks to the likes of 'community groups', SEIU, etc. then compare the passion in them to when he talks about issues such as Afghanistan etc.

I suspect you will see a real difference in tone and a distinct lack of any real passion.

This tells me a lot. It's lip service when he speaks of 'support' for the Military etc, but when he's on his 'community' shit - that's the real Obama.

Look, it was his idea to focus on Afghanistan. Allowing things to deteriorate like this is criminal. He needs to shit or get off the pot. Every day he procrastinates only makes the situation worse and gives our friends and enemies the impression he is indecisive.

He claimed during the campaign that he would take the advice of his military leaders on this as well. Now it is reported that he's not. That none of their plans are what he's interested in.

Could it be possible he was lying?

Last edited:

I think you're confused.

No, you are confused.

I'm not a politician running for public office. I don't have a constituency who I must woe in order to get their support.

My loyalty is to the US Constitution.

It is unless you actually don't know what victory means and are using it to deflect this thread away from Obama's lack of policy. But, just in case you really don't know.. victory in Afghanistan would leave a nation that was safe enough for development. It would be a nation that doesn't serve as a haven for the Taliban and drug lords. It would be a nation where a woman wouldn't have to worry that her leg would be amputated because an errant wind lifted her burka and showed her ankle.

It's not a weakness to base your tactics off of the facts on the ground. As for your definition of victory, that's fine if you want to define things that way, but it gets to the heart of the issue. What you spelled out is a goal that can never be accomplished with force. The military is there to flatten enemy forces. It can't construct civil society. It can't ensure that the individual Afghan tribes will rally around a central government.

Obviously you are not a student of history or you wouldn't make such idiotic claims. All one has to do is look to the Allied victories over Germany and Japan.
Marshall plan?
General MacArthur WROTE the Japanese constitution.

Seems to me those 2 countries are quite "civil" now doesn't it?
That ONLY works if you fight TOTAL WAR.

The US has not fought a total war since WWII, ergo it hasn't won one since then.

I think you're confused.

No, you are confused.

I'm not a politician running for public office. I don't have a constituency who I must woe in order to get their support.

That is highly doubtful....because the Constitution just might get in the way of your ideology.

Obama's constituency isn't one side or the other. His constituency is the American people as a whole. Once he became President his actions should have reflected that.

And the number one constituency is the men and women in uniform he is duty bound to lead in a competent manner....not neglect in a manner that borders on criminal.

Last edited:
I think you're confused.

No, you are confused.

That is highly doubtful....because the Constitution just might get in the way of your ideology.

Obama's constituency isn't one side or the other. His constituency is the American people as a whole. Once he became President his actions should have reflected that.

And the number one constituency is the men and women in uniform he is duty bound to lead in a competent manner....not neglect in a manner that borders on criminal.

Firstly, let me remind you that the US Ambassador --Karl Eikenberry-- is a Retired General who was the Commander in Afghanistan for several years. He has advised the Prez not to send in more troops.

The ONLY criminal in this situation is Bush II who committed the troops to that region.

The US Constitution provides Congress an excellent remedy if it really wants to dispose of Osama - its called a letter of marque and reprisal.

So he rejected a bunch of plans that had no clear end game and exit strategy. Good.

You mean hd cidnt rush in like someone did in Iraq? Did he threaten us with mushroom clouds or wmd's?

How can you republicans even say anything? Obama learned from the mistake called Bush and is using his brain.

Get it?

Forum List

Back