Breaking 6.4 Earthquake striks off Alaska following a series of smaller quakes

Volcano quakes
I'm not sure to what you refer. If it is to tremors in volcanoes, they are quite local.

Yeah, are you not close enough? I guess it's just different geology or they travel better up here, every time one of our volcano's gets mouthy we get a swarm of little tiny quakes that waffles out along most of the faults. I don't personally count them as quakes cause I'm far enough away from the volcano's that JBER's bomb testing shakes the house worse heh
But they are just little rumbles that mean nothing. I recall one last year that we watched ripple across the tarmac at the airport, after the lights went out in the terminal. Have you ever been on a jumbo jet when one of those babies rolls through the neighborhood? I've seen the landing gear hopping about like cats on a hotplate.

I have seen a big one shake the lights on NB Glen Hwy. I was up on Skyline taking night pictures when it rolled through. I couldn't decide if the odd light pattern was more disconcerting than the sound of the fucking woods around me - holy crap... You wanna scare yourself have earthquake in the woods. You lose all your self-awareness and shit yourself, I thought a bear was for sure going to get me in my moment of weakness lol

And yep, I'm in Eagle River.
I recall a time when on an Army sponsored "camping trip" when a quake rolled through. Lying on the ground makes it really up close and personal. I'm in Birchwood, in transit to Willow.

We're practically neighbors then ~tips hat~

Willow's soo peaceful - except around feeding and exercise time then all hell breaks loose! (I've got a niece out there with a couple dog teams - she can't race anymore so she's training and doing the tourist thing.)

sssshhhhhh.......don't jinx it. Washington is long overdue for a big one. The last one was in 2001, Nisqually quake @ 6.8 USGS keeps promising the BIG one, but have so far dodged that bullet

Mt. Rainier is a huge volcano and it is bound to blow one of these days and when it does, Seattle is toast.

Yes, I know......all too well and not just Seattle, but pretty much everything within 100 miles, or more and probably both sides of the Cascade Range. Mt St Helens was a picnic in comparison to what Rainier could do. IF it were to ever blow.....as been said for many years......first would come the Lahars...the heat from within the mountain would melt all that glacier ice & snow that would wipe out millions that live in their paths....then any volcanic action would come after that. Two-thirds of the whole state could be effected.
Much more than two-thirds of the state if it followed the pattern of Mount Mazama.

Mount Mazama and Crater Lake: Growth and Destruction of a Cascades Volcano

I'm not sure to what you refer. If it is to tremors in volcanoes, they are quite local.

Yeah, are you not close enough? I guess it's just different geology or they travel better up here, every time one of our volcano's gets mouthy we get a swarm of little tiny quakes that waffles out along most of the faults. I don't personally count them as quakes cause I'm far enough away from the volcano's that JBER's bomb testing shakes the house worse heh
But they are just little rumbles that mean nothing. I recall one last year that we watched ripple across the tarmac at the airport, after the lights went out in the terminal. Have you ever been on a jumbo jet when one of those babies rolls through the neighborhood? I've seen the landing gear hopping about like cats on a hotplate.

I have seen a big one shake the lights on NB Glen Hwy. I was up on Skyline taking night pictures when it rolled through. I couldn't decide if the odd light pattern was more disconcerting than the sound of the fucking woods around me - holy crap... You wanna scare yourself have earthquake in the woods. You lose all your self-awareness and shit yourself, I thought a bear was for sure going to get me in my moment of weakness lol

I recall a time when on an Army sponsored "camping trip" when a quake rolled through. Lying on the ground makes it really up close and personal. I'm in Birchwood, in transit to Willow.

Willow's soo peaceful - except around feeding and exercise time then all hell breaks loose! (I've got a niece out there with a couple dog teams - she can't race anymore so she's training and doing the tourist thing.)
My place is right at a big parking lot where lots of dog teams practice. Too bad your niece can't run any more. How did she do in the Sockeye Fire? A buddy of mine lost everything except his cabin.

My place is right at a big parking lot where lots of dog teams practice. Too bad your niece can't run any more. How did she do in the Sockeye Fire? A buddy of mine lost everything except his cabin.

Beachlake? Anyway, yea she hurt her back. It jumped her so her and Buser were busing dogs to her place (not enough extra dog houses) and Happy Trails (on Big Lake.) We had an overflow team at our Big Lake cabin for like a month but it wasn't ideal for the pups - we just had a big metal shed (like 6 snow machine storage size) for the dogs. Took us for damned ever to get the hay outta there... I don't recall the name of the folks that stayed at our place (Buser and Mac handled it all,) but the nice folks sent us cookies and a thank you card heh

Beachlake? Anyway, yea she hurt her back. It jumped her so her and Buser were busing dogs to her place (not enough extra dog houses) and Happy Trails (on Big Lake.) We had an overflow team at our Big Lake cabin for like a month but it wasn't ideal for the pups - we just had a big metal shed (like 6 snow machine storage size) for the dogs. Took us for damned ever to get the hay outta there... I don't recall the name of the folks that stayed at our place (Buser and Mac handled it all,) but the nice folks sent us cookies and a thank you card heh
Always super folks. No, I'm at N. Birchwood right now, so Beach Lake is a bit away. My Willow place is up the Willow Fishhook. Our original bridge washed out a couple of years ago, so we have to use the new one (Deniki). I actually made the Borough FB page when I marched my goats over the still unfinished bridge that year.

Always super folks. No, I'm at N. Birchwood right now, so Beach Lake is a bit away. My Willow place is up the Willow Fishhook. Our original bridge washed out a couple of years ago, so we have to use the new one (Deniki). I actually made the Borough FB page when I marched my goats over the still unfinished bridge that year.

Gotcha, we're close to Beachlake ourselves.

Ah sweet. We almost bought some "bug-out" property on Willow Fishhook, but it was getting too thick so we ended up going north to Tanana middle-o-nowhere heh

Luddey, now remember honey just click that little link that says read more, and the magic can happen for you and if you are really a good little whatever, maybe mommy can give you a little smiley sticker.
This sounds terrible, we better update the MindWars Doom-Tracker (tm).

1. Flu pandemic
2. Financial collapse
3. War with Korea
4. Artificial intelligence run amok
5. Mass extinctions
6. Heavily armed Muslims in the US
7. Russian Bombers
8. Wild fires out of control with some secret reason they started
9. Nuclear war wipes out everyone
10. Massive power outage with boilerplate FEMA reference
11. FEMA Operation Gotham false flag
12. Cell phones causing brain cancer
13. Coronal hole from giant fissure on the sun
14. Popocatépetl volcano
15. Facial recognition not really for illegals
16. Cyber attack on power grid
17. Nuclear missile hitting California
18. Deadly fungus "catastrophic threat" to US
19. Global debt explosion
20. American debt bomb
21. Scientists warn of apocalypse
22. Europe taken over by Islam
23. Earthquakes off Alaska

Luddey, now remember honey just click that little link that says read more, and the magic can happen for you and if you are really a good little whatever, maybe mommy can give you a little smiley sticker.
This sounds terrible, we better update the MindWars Doom-Tracker (tm).

1. Flu pandemic
2. Financial collapse
3. War with Korea
4. Artificial intelligence run amok
5. Mass extinctions
6. Heavily armed Muslims in the US
7. Russian Bombers
8. Wild fires out of control with some secret reason they started
9. Nuclear war wipes out everyone
10. Massive power outage with boilerplate FEMA reference
11. FEMA Operation Gotham false flag
12. Cell phones causing brain cancer
13. Coronal hole from giant fissure on the sun
14. Popocatépetl volcano
15. Facial recognition not really for illegals
16. Cyber attack on power grid
17. Nuclear missile hitting California
18. Deadly fungus "catastrophic threat" to US
19. Global debt explosion
20. American debt bomb
21. Scientists warn of apocalypse
22. Europe taken over by Islam
23. Earthquakes off Alaska
:crybaby::fu:

I've seen the ground in an avocado block rolling in 1 metre x 1.5 metre waves. Travelling at maybe 10 or 20 metres/sec with maybe 3 metres between them. I tried walking on them, it was like trying to walk in a dinghy in a choppy see. Trees hardly shook at all. Afterwards, not a mark on the ground.

Last edited:

Ah sweet. We almost bought some "bug-out" property on Willow Fishhook, but it was getting too thick so we ended up going north to Tanana middle-o-nowhere heh
We looked around Chitna, but neither of us all that young, and Chitna are gets COLD! Willow has us road-accessible, but only over a single, one-lane bridge. We're independent for power and water, so we're still "bug-out" land. With 200 acres, even if things remain civilized, we have plenty of space.

two more yesterday and heavy tremors. Mother earth is stretching out her arthritic back and rolling over to the other side.

We looked around Chitna, but neither of us all that young, and Chitna are gets COLD! Willow has us road-accessible, but only over a single, one-lane bridge. We're independent for power and water, so we're still "bug-out" land. With 200 acres, even if things remain civilized, we have plenty of space.

Ooo. We'll be roughing it hard if we have to bug-out, we've just got a roof with a wood stove, 168 acres w/the river running through it, not that I think property lines will matter too much at that point... actually... us Alaskan's would probably continue to respect property ownership if the world ends heh

Ooo. We'll be roughing it hard if we have to bug-out, we've just got a roof with a wood stove, 168 acres w/the river running through it, not that I think property lines will matter too much at that point... actually... us Alaskan's would probably continue to respect property ownership if the world ends heh

unless there is gold in them there waters

Alaskans are good about helping their neighbors. Have to, your life might depending on it.

unless there is gold in them there waters

Alaskans are good about helping their neighbors. Have to, your life might depending on it.

Ya never know about the rivers up here. We were about two signatures from buying a sluice box plot a few years back heh

At least those of us with the wherewithal to survive without Walmart and McDonald's.

Forum List

Back