Brave Chicago Teachers: Why they strike

Is it any wonder why those kids are so dumb........Look at the garbage they need to learn from.........

Now I'm not defending the teachers striking here-but let's be a little honest shall we?

-It's not like the students in the many bad schools in Chicago actually want to learn. Too many times we give the students a pass for their own responsibilities (or lack of).

-Parents are also somewhat to blame for students performing poorly. Not 100%-but it's a parent's responsibility to aide in the educational process.

-If we make teaching more incentive, better teachers will come. That's just common sense. The more you pay for a position-the more qualified people apply for them. Teaching for the sake of teaching children would be nice-but it's not realistic, and not it's not real life. Pay them more, and society will benefit by having qualified teachers, instead of the thousands and thousands polluting our educational system right now.

-I'm not suggesting we just write a blank check. But let's monitor teachers-and teachers that are succeeding pay more. Those that aren't-get rid of. It's really that easy.

-I'll never forget in high school my English Honors teacher in my senior year was the best teacher I had throughout K-12. I learned so much about writing papers that when I went to university-I already knew all of the formats and styles while all of the other students were struggling to learn them. The next year they demoted her to regular English...the teacher that got her job actually made students make board games-yes fucking board games-for grades. Just because she had been employed longer. The good teacher btw a few years later was named the best English teacher in the state. What a pathetic joke.

Forum List

Back