Boycot CNN

dilloduck said:
We have more than 2 channels,Mr. Marbles.

You are talking to a guy who who a) comes from Canada and b) apparently watches the Simpsons on Fox. I am not sure what that means, but it sure doesn't sound like qualifications for determining the merit of any particular idea.

There is no crying 'the media is liberal' because our candidate supposedly 'lost'. The media is liberal, and I can't see how anyone can deny this as fact.

I have heard the idea of the 'mute' effect. Basically, disregarding any content of what was spoken by the candidates, putting the TV on mute, Kerry:puke: did appear more Presidential and did come across better. This is what people base wins or losses on, when it comes to debates. Kerry:puke: did not win on substance, he won on style and appearance. Bush won on believability and content, which is what really matters.

The above was proven in focus groups. One focus group of 23 people, who were undecided, was used as an example. Most of the 23 felt Kerry won the debate. But, 17 of the 23 decided to vote for Bush. Why? They said Bush is more believable. That is what matters, not whether or not some poll says you won a debate, because you appeared and sounded better!

The purpose of the debates is for each candidate to get as many people as possible to vote for them. The outcome of the election will determine the victor of the debates. Nothing more -nothing less.

KatieKate said:
Bush has substance ,and Kerry well Kerry has makeup.
Bush spanked Kerry Wednesday night :spank3:

LOL Bush was foaming at the mouth :cof:

Kerry had a shimmering reflection. :happy2:

What a show.

MrMarbles said:
Boycott CNN, whatever. Thats like the second stupidest idea ever! Ok maybe thrid or fourth. How else will you know whats going on in your country? Fox? Fox will just tell you what to think. The best thing on Fox is the Simpsons. And i'm surprised they are still on.

Mr.Marbles,
Please be advised that CNN( Mr.Turner)went down the hill when he married Jane"Hanoi"Fonda.Also I like Fox and Sinclair Broadcasting as they stand up to the Bully Media! :bow3:
Archangel-aka Battle Borne_Nevada

Now this might be a little long for you Fox News supporters, but the facts about Fox News being slanted and bias go on forever.

A Special FAIR Report
The Most Biased Name in News
Fox News Channel's extraordinary right-wing tilt
By Seth Ackerman

"I challenge anybody to show me an example of bias in Fox News Channel."
--Rupert Murdoch (Salon, 3/1/01)

Years ago, Republican party chair Rich Bond explained that conservatives' frequent denunciations of "liberal bias" in the media were part of "a strategy" (Washington Post, 8/20/92). Comparing journalists to referees in a sports match, Bond explained: "If you watch any great coach, what they try to do is 'work the refs.' Maybe the ref will cut you a little slack next time."

But when Fox News Channel, Rupert Murdoch's 24-hour cable network, debuted in 1996, a curious thing happened: Instead of denouncing it, conservative politicians and activists lavished praise on the network. "If it hadn't been for Fox, I don't know what I'd have done for the news," Trent Lott gushed after the Florida election recount (Washington Post, 2/5/01). George W. Bush extolled Fox News Channel anchor Tony Snow--a former speechwriter for Bush's father--and his "impressive transition to journalism" in a specially taped April 2001 tribute to Snow's Sunday-morning show on its five-year anniversary (Washington Post, 5/7/01). The right-wing Heritage Foundation had to warn its staffers not to watch so much Fox News on their computers, because it was causing the think tank's system to crash.

When it comes to Fox News Channel, conservatives don't feel the need to "work the ref." The ref is already on their side. Since its 1996 launch, Fox has become a central hub of the conservative movement's well-oiled media machine. Together with the GOP organization and its satellite think tanks and advocacy groups, this network of fiercely partisan outlets--such as the Washington Times, the Wall Street Journal editorial page and conservative talk-radio shows like Rush Limbaugh's--forms a highly effective right-wing echo chamber where GOP-friendly news stories can be promoted, repeated and amplified. Fox knows how to play this game better than anyone.

Yet, at the same time, the network bristles at the slightest suggestion of a conservative tilt. In fact, wrapping itself in slogans like "Fair and balanced" and "We report, you decide," Fox argues precisely the opposite: Far from being a biased network, Fox argues, it is the only unbiased network. So far, Fox's strategy of aggressive denial has worked surprisingly well; faced with its unblinking refusal to admit any conservative tilt at all, some commentators have simply acquiesced to the network's own self-assessment. FAIR has decided to take a closer look.

"Coming next, drug addicted pregnant women no longer have anything to fear from the authorities thanks to the Supreme Court. Both sides on this in a moment."
--Bill O'Reilly (O'Reilly Factor, 3/23/01)

Fox's founder and president, Roger Ailes, was for decades one of the savviest and most pugnacious Republican political operatives in Washington, a veteran of the Nixon and Reagan campaigns. Ailes is most famous for his role in crafting the elder Bush's media strategy in the bruising 1988 presidential race. With Ailes' help, Bush turned a double-digit deficit in the polls into a resounding win by targeting the GOP's base of white male voters in the South and West, using red-meat themes like Michael Dukakis' "card-carrying" membership in the ACLU, his laissez-faire attitude toward flag-burning, his alleged indifference to the pledge of allegiance--and, of course, paroled felon Willie Horton.

Described by fellow Bush aide Lee Atwater as having "two speeds--attack and destroy," Ailes once jocularly told a Time reporter (8/22/88): "The only question is whether we depict Willie Horton with a knife in his hand or without it." Later, as a producer for Rush Limbaugh's short-lived TV show, he was fond of calling Bill Clinton the "hippie president" and lashing out at "liberal bigots" (Washington Times, 5/11/93). It is these two sensibilities above all--right-wing talk radio and below-the-belt political campaigning--that Ailes brought with him to Fox, and his stamp is evident in all aspects of the network's programming.

http://www.fair.org/extra/0108/fox-main.html

MrMarbles said:
Now this might be a little long for you Fox News supporters, but the facts about Fox News being slanted and bias go on forever.

A Special FAIR Report
By Seth Ackerman

Years ago, Republican party chair Rich Bond explained that conservatives' frequent denunciations of "liberal bias" in the media were part of "a strategy" (Washington Post, 8/20/92). Comparing journalists to referees in a sports match, Bond explained: "If you watch any great coach, what they try to do is 'work the refs.' Maybe the ref will cut you a little slack next time."

But when Fox News Channel, Rupert Murdoch's 24-hour cable network, debuted in 1996, a curious thing happened: Instead of denouncing it, conservative politicians and activists lavished praise on the network. "If it hadn't been for Fox, I don't know what I'd have done for the news," Trent Lott gushed after the Florida election recount (Washington Post, 2/5/01). George W. Bush extolled Fox News Channel anchor Tony Snow--a former speechwriter for Bush's father--and his "impressive transition to journalism" in a specially taped April 2001 tribute to Snow's Sunday-morning show on its five-year anniversary (Washington Post, 5/7/01). The right-wing Heritage Foundation had to warn its staffers not to watch so much Fox News on their computers, because it was causing the think tank's system to crash.

When it comes to Fox News Channel, conservatives don't feel the need to "work the ref." The ref is already on their side. Since its 1996 launch, Fox has become a central hub of the conservative movement's well-oiled media machine. Together with the GOP organization and its satellite think tanks and advocacy groups, this network of fiercely partisan outlets--such as the Washington Times, the Wall Street Journal editorial page and conservative talk-radio shows like Rush Limbaugh's--forms a highly effective right-wing echo chamber where GOP-friendly news stories can be promoted, repeated and amplified. Fox knows how to play this game better than anyone.

Yet, at the same time, the network bristles at the slightest suggestion of a conservative tilt. In fact, wrapping itself in slogans like "Fair and balanced" and "We report, you decide," Fox argues precisely the opposite: Far from being a biased network, Fox argues, it is the only unbiased network. So far, Fox's strategy of aggressive denial has worked surprisingly well; faced with its unblinking refusal to admit any conservative tilt at all, some commentators have simply acquiesced to the network's own self-assessment. FAIR has decided to take a closer look.

"Coming next, drug addicted pregnant women no longer have anything to fear from the authorities thanks to the Supreme Court. Both sides on this in a moment."

Fox's founder and president, Roger Ailes, was for decades one of the savviest and most pugnacious Republican political operatives in Washington, a veteran of the Nixon and Reagan campaigns. Ailes is most famous for his role in crafting the elder Bush's media strategy in the bruising 1988 presidential race. With Ailes' help, Bush turned a double-digit deficit in the polls into a resounding win by targeting the GOP's base of white male voters in the South and West, using red-meat themes like Michael Dukakis' "card-carrying" membership in the ACLU, his laissez-faire attitude toward flag-burning, his alleged indifference to the pledge of allegiance--and, of course, paroled felon Willie Horton.

Described by fellow Bush aide Lee Atwater as having "two speeds--attack and destroy," Ailes once jocularly told a Time reporter (8/22/88): "The only question is whether we depict Willie Horton with a knife in his hand or without it." Later, as a producer for Rush Limbaugh's short-lived TV show, he was fond of calling Bill Clinton the "hippie president" and lashing out at "liberal bigots" (Washington Times, 5/11/93). It is these two sensibilities above all--right-wing talk radio and below-the-belt political campaigning--that Ailes brought with him to Fox, and his stamp is evident in all aspects of the network's programming.

:link:

www.bushcankerryus.com

Mr.Marbles,
Maybe you can learn something rather than quote other news agencies propoganda! :puke:

MrMarbles said:

A Special FAIR Report
By Seth Ackerman

Sounds to me like you're swallowing all the "Out Foxed" kool-aid... I watch Fox just about everyday.. still have yet to see a "right-wing bend"...

-Cp said:
Sounds to me like you're swallowing all the "Out Foxed" kool-aid... I watch Fox just about everyday.. still have yet to see a "right-wing bend"...

To say that the Times/CBS/Post have a liberal bias, and then to claim that Fox has NO bias is to be about as blindly partisan as you can. The Times' Op-Ed section is staffed by a majority of liberals. Therefore, we can say it has a liberal bias. These liberals tend to take the liberal side of an issue, therefore, we can say it has a liberal bias.

Fox operates like no other news organization. It takes top-down marching orders from executives. These orders describe in detail WHAT to report and HOW to report it. Memos from Roger Ailes and John Moody include sound extraordinairily like Republican talking points, and amount to little more than edicts asking to flavor or cover strories that will benefit the right:

"The so-called 9/11 commission has already been meeting. In fact, this is the eighth session. The fact that former Clinton and both frmer and current Bush administration officials are testifying gives it a certain tension, but this is not "what did he know and when did he know it" stuff. Do not turn this into Watergate. Remember the fleeting sense of national unity that emerged from this tragedy. Let's not desecrate that."

"Into Fallujah: It's called Operation Vigilant Resolve and it began Monday morning (NY time) with the US and Iraqi military surrounding Fallujah. We will cover this hour by hour today, explaining repeatedly why it is happening. It won't be long before some people start to decry the use of "excessive force." We won't be among that group. . . More than 600 US military dead, attacks on the UN headquarters last year, assassination of Irai officials who work with the coalition, the deaths of Spanish troops last fall, the outrage in Fallujah: whatever happens, it is richly deserved."

"Let's spend a good deal of time on the battle over judicial nominations, which the President will address this morning. Nominees who both sides admit are qualified are being held up because of their POSSIBLE, not demonstrated, views on one issue -- abortion. This should be a trademark issue for FNC today and in the days to come."

"The terror alert continues to affect the way Americans live their lives, both as consumers, participants in public events and citizens. Let's explain to viewers that while prudent precautions need to be taken, the disruption of the American way of life is in itself a terrorist goal and should not be conceded to our enemies."

"The tax cut passed last night by the Senate, though less than half what Bush originally proposed, contains some important victories for the administration. The DC crew will parse the bill and explain how it will fatten -- marginally -- your wallet."

"Heads of state don't leave G-8 meetings early unless they have good reasons. President Bush has two: he has to get to Egypt, and he doesn't like the French. Let's explain to viewers that despite the tepid handshake, Bush and Chirac are far from reconciled, as are the US and Germany. The early departure from Evian should take the sparkle out of the bottled water spa."

"Scary thought of the day: what if it's a consortium of terrorist groups working together?"

"John Kerry may wish he'd taken off his microphone before trashing the GOP. Though he insists he meant republican "attack squads," his coarse description of his opponents has cast a lurid glow over the campaign."

"Gas prices are at all time highs in the US. There are reasons for the surge, some economic, some mere business tactics. Remember: US prices, while they seem high to us, are a half or less the cost of gasoline elsewhere."

"Kerry, starting to feel the heat for his flip-flop voting record, is in West Virginia. There's a near-meaningless primary in Illinois."

You cannot get off saying that there is a liberal media bias and not accept that FNC has a conservative bias.

Its funny because I've seen two conflicting arguments from conservatives here on the USMB: 1) The left does it too! 2) The right doesn't do it.

Might wanna get together and hammer out how you want to approach it; maybe I can dig up an Ailes edict to help you out.

archangel said:
:link:

www.bushcankerryus.com

Mr.Marbles,
Maybe you can learn something rather than quote other news agencies propoganda! :puke:

Propaganda? Facts and quotes from credible news agencies.

The reason for this is probably due to the fact that you are a conservative, and Bush supporter.

-Cp said:

I watched "Outfoxed" and have never seen a bigger pile of liberal sour grapes in my life! I couldn't believe what I was seeing/hearing. Another filmaker "a la Mikey Moore" is spinning info out of context (surprise). I honestly have to wonder why the libs (the smart ones anyway) can't see through that! They are just all pis*ed off that there is a news channel out there that isn't 90% liberal bent.
:bang3:

Forum List

Back