Bowl Games

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
ok I rarely do this but
HOW ABOUT THEM LONGHORNS !!!

Actually just Vince Young---awesome game.
Iowa and LSU was a hell of a game too!

Vince Young WAS the Longhorns. 4 TD's running and one passing. He accounted for 35 of their 38 points! Was a fun game to watch.

jimnyc said:
Vince Young WAS the Longhorns. 4 TD's running and one passing. He accounted for 35 of their 38 points! Was a fun game to watch.
good thing the GOOD Vince Young showed up---he's capable of making incredibly stupid plays, fumbling and more interceptions--then again he's only a sophomore.

dilloduck said:
ok I rarely do this but
HOW ABOUT THEM LONGHORNS !!!

Actually just Vince Young---awesome game.
Iowa and LSU was a hell of a game too!

Hook em horns! That was a great ending! (hell, great game overall)

JOKER96BRAVO said:
BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ya, how bout them Longhorns???
(he he)
A narrow victory against the Horns---and when the Sooners lose to USC ?????

My girlfriend often stays quiet after I'd watched my favorite team, the Michigan Wolverines, lose a football game. She understands that I'm angry, she also understands that I'm not going to throw myself off a bridge or go on a shooting spree.

For the second year in a row, I'd thrown my head into my hands and said "Goddammit! What are we doing wrong?"

"Remember the time you'd taken me to see a Wolverine game", she'd said.

I remember; she looked around Michigan Stadium and was in awe; "Hail to the Victors" surrounded the stadium's design. She loved everything about Michigan Stadium...Until she saw the game.

The game was against Penn State. She said that she didn't like the reaction of the crowd. When Michigan scored, you heard an equivalent of a golf clap; when they were scored upon, she described it as "being able to hear a mouse piss on cotton", because it was that quiet.

She told me that a program is only as strong as its fan base. You know what? She's right!

Every year, I criticize the Wolverines; in exchange, my fellow fans criticize me. Why? They like what they see; nine wins and a cloud of dust. They don't care about beating Ohio State, Notre Dame and Texas; they just want the wins it takes to get paid. They had gotten their money, now it's time to go home. The thing that burns me up though, is that "we" also want to proclaim ourselves as a "national power". What???

We'd lost to our #1 rival, our #2 rival and to #4 Texas and you want respect?!

The History of Michigan Football is a history of winning many games, but few championships. We can beat any team, but not the good ones; and the fans are happy with that. Fair enough; but you can't have your cake and eat it too. If we Michigan fans want that "national power" status, we need to win the big games. What's the use of wearing the "BACK-TO-BACK ROSE BOWL" T-Shirts, when everyone knows that we'd lost those two games?

Texas had beaten us because they had the fire,"We deserved to be in the Rose Bowl". Before that, USC had the fire; "We deserved to be #1!". Before that, Tennessee had the fire;"We're getting you back for what you'd done to Peyton Manning". Ohio State has the fire,"Losing to Michigan is NOT an option".

Well, I'm waiting my fellow Michigan fans; when will we get our fire? Inspired football does not exist in Ann Arbor, just efficent football; make our "goals" and leave it at that.

A change has to happen in Ann Arbor. Hail to the Victors is OUR motto, not theirs.

Man, that was a massacre. I am a BIG OU fan (brother used to play for them) but I was totally embarrassed last night. OU looked like a high school team. White was HORRIBLE.

Actually, OU looked like one of those teams they beat up on early in the season every year.... It looked like Ranger Junior College was playing Nebraska or something!

freeandfun1 said:
Man, that was a massacre. I am a BIG OU fan (brother used to play for them) but I was totally embarrassed last night. OU looked like a high school team. White was HORRIBLE.

Actually, OU looked like one of those teams they beat up on early in the season every year.... It looked like Ranger Junior College was playing Nebraska or something!

No joke--when OU scored early I thought they were in it--but it was the last time they were in it-----they just disintegrated

dilloduck said:
No joke--when OU scored early I thought they were in it--but it was the last time they were in it-----they just disintegrated

I was watching the game with a group of friends that all used to play ball for USC and I had to leave at halftime it was so bad..... I couldn't take the abuse any longer!

freeandfun1 said:
I was watching the game with a group of friends that all used to play ball for USC and I had to leave at halftime it was so bad..... I couldn't take the abuse any longer!
LOL you reckon that's why Joker is shying away a tad ???? :tng:

JOKER96BRAVO said:
JASON WHITE CAN SUCK A FART OUTTA MY ASS!!!

He choked again last night didn't he joker? He is all hype and no substance as far as I am concerned and last night's game proves it.

I've been tellin all the OU fans I know
bout Jason White all season.
What a tool!!!
They never should have red shirted Thompson!

Forum List

Back