Border Protection Commissioner Admits No New Border Wall Miles Built

As long as there is a profitable market, the drugs will continue to come.
And as long as it is crossing the border..........CBP agents will risk their lives to stop it. That's the job.......and extra security helps them in their job.............They even have gunboats in Texas because of it.

Drones are cheap, easy and reusable. Drugs also get past the borders patrol now.

If we really cared about drugs our military wouldn't be protecting poppy fields in Afghanistan.
Do Drones stop and arrest the smugglers.........Tell me when they can do that................

The argument is that drones can drop drugs all day.

Its odd how no one wants to actually enforce our laws.
So the druggies can just fly them in............Drones can get shot down......

We can change tactics and the equation......and it's clear you are against the Wall and I'm not.

The OP is a Narrative to try and mock Trump........but more has been done in his time then a decade before............and those facts don't lie.

What I am against is the continued practice of not enforcing our laws and blaming that on there not being a wall.

The wall is nothing more than a scapegoat for those who refuse to enforce our laws.

And as long as it is crossing the border..........CBP agents will risk their lives to stop it. That's the job.......and extra security helps them in their job.............They even have gunboats in Texas because of it.

Drones are cheap, easy and reusable. Drugs also get past the borders patrol now.

If we really cared about drugs our military wouldn't be protecting poppy fields in Afghanistan.
Do Drones stop and arrest the smugglers.........Tell me when they can do that................

We can change tactics and the equation......and it's clear you are against the Wall and I'm not.

The OP is a Narrative to try and mock Trump........but more has been done in his time then a decade before............and those facts don't lie.

What I am against is the continued practice of not enforcing our laws and blaming that on there not being a wall.

The wall is nothing more than a scapegoat for those who refuse to enforce our laws.
Both need to be addessed..............The LOOP HOLES need to go

For that to happen the entire establishment needs to be voted out. In the meantime we can get some security out of Walls to help CBP do their job.

For that to happen the entire establishment needs to be voted out. In the meantime we can get some security out of Walls to help CBP do their job.

We aren't getting a wall. 3rd year now. What have you got?

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Who’s the biggest loser, Trump or his army of morons who believe him? :lol:

Border protection commissioner admits no miles of new border wall have been built despite Trump's claim of "great progress"

President Donald Trump has been claiming that the border wall is well underway in construction, but the acting U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) commissioner was unable to support those remarks after repeated questioning by a reporter.

The exchange occurred on Thursday when a reporter, whose identity was not clear from a C-SPAN video, asked acting CBP commissioner Mark Morgan for a status update on "how many miles of wall has been constructed, not wall that's replacing old wall, but new wall that has been built to this point."

"So 78 miles of new wall has been built," Morgan replied.

The reporter, skeptical about Morgan's claim, pushed him further.

"Much of that obviously is replacing wall that formerly existed, that the president said was insufficient," the reporter said. "How many miles of wall where there was no wall whatsoever?"

Morgan responded that "every mile of wall that is being built is a new mile of wall."

The reporter asked again for Morgan to differentiate between renovated or replaced wall, and wall where no barrier previously existed.

"So right now, 78 miles have been built, have been built where there was an existing form of barrier," Morgan said, effectively admitting that none of the wall that has been constructed has been in new areas.

"We just started breaking ground in [Rio Grande Valley] where we're building miles of new wall where there has been no structure there at all," the acting CBP commissioner said.

"So that's just now starting the construction of new wall?" the reporter said, seeking to clarify.

"That's correct, that's correct," Morgan admitted.
Another failure by the blob

A hell of a lot more with the Funding requested and needed...........as you know he was blocked by the left who have made it VERY clear now..............they want open borders.

Big change from back in the day.....when they were all for it.........FOR THE VOTES.

As I said..........more has been done under Trump than the others with empty promises..........most of the Fences done under the Fence act were a joke to begin with.

The military funding is increasing the number of miles................whether you like it or not.

It is clear this OP ..........Is AFTER A NARRATIVE...............and a NARRATIVE that is completely against border security.

A hell of a lot more with the Funding requested and needed...........as you know he was blocked by the left who have made it VERY clear now..............they want open borders.

Big change from back in the day.....when they were all for it.........FOR THE VOTES.

As I said..........more has been done under Trump than the others with empty promises..........most of the Fences done under the Fence act were a joke to begin with.

The military funding is increasing the number of miles................whether you like it or not.

It is clear this OP ..........Is AFTER A NARRATIVE...............and a NARRATIVE that is completely against border security.

What the Democrats want has nothing to do with anything I've argued.

It absolutely does...............as they have fought the funding...........and blocked construction with lawsuits.

It absolutely does...............as they have fought the funding...........and blocked construction with lawsuits.

Which has nothing to do with what I've said. As an aside the (R)'s had the House and Senate for two years and did nothing.

Which has nothing to do with what I've said. As an aside the (R)'s had the House and Senate for two years and did nothing.
LOL..............The Establishment doesn't want the problem fixed..........or they would have already done it.

The Chamber of Commerce controls members on both sides............The Career politicians will not go against those funding their political careers and getting them into the millionaires club................

Why the GOP makes excuses all the time......

Rig the deck against Trump.........then go LOOKY.........He isn't doing it.............Political Crap.....as usual

LOL..............The Establishment doesn't want the problem fixed..........or they would have already done it.

I agree.

The Chamber of Commerce controls members on both sides............The Career politicians will not go against those funding their political careers and getting them into the millionaires club................

Rig the deck against Trump.........then go LOOKY.........He isn't doing it.............Political Crap.....as usual

Trump is no different.

I agree.

Trump is no different.
He's done more than anyone else.............Some things that should have been done a decade ago............

After they got the Fence Act they put up cheap ass fences and then probably pocketed the rest......They never used the PROMISED FUNDING.......

That's why we have all those miles of Crappy Fences......

But they got POWER........which was all it was about..............

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Border protection commissioner admits no miles of new border wall have been built despite Trump's claim of "great progress"

President Donald Trump has been claiming that the border wall is well underway in construction, but the acting U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) commissioner was unable to support those remarks after repeated questioning by a reporter.

The exchange occurred on Thursday when a reporter, whose identity was not clear from a C-SPAN video, asked acting CBP commissioner Mark Morgan for a status update on "how many miles of wall has been constructed, not wall that's replacing old wall, but new wall that has been built to this point."

"Much of that obviously is replacing wall that formerly existed, that the president said was insufficient," the reporter said. "How many miles of wall where there was no wall whatsoever?"

Morgan responded that "every mile of wall that is being built is a new mile of wall."

The reporter asked again for Morgan to differentiate between renovated or replaced wall, and wall where no barrier previously existed.

"So right now, 78 miles have been built, have been built where there was an existing form of barrier," Morgan said, effectively admitting that none of the wall that has been constructed has been in new areas.

"We just started breaking ground in [Rio Grande Valley] where we're building miles of new wall where there has been no structure there at all," the acting CBP commissioner said.

"So that's just now starting the construction of new wall?" the reporter said, seeking to clarify.

Trump new all along it would't get built so the army of morons that believe his every word. He plays them every time he opens his mouth.

Let's be clear.

The OP wants an open border and America swarmed by Mexicans and central American 3rd world minions. He considers lack of border a success.

Some understand that there are better options. Arguing for those options is not arguing for open borders.

A huge crack down on employers hiring illegals is a far better option and could start today.

That it isn't and isn't going to simply shows the argument for the "wall" is nothing more than political rhetoric by those who don't want to actually address the problem.

A wall sure works in Israel, and has worked in China for thousands of years.

But since you say it's political rhetoric, obviously it must be so.

Yes they do, but you're god cannot get her done.

I agree.

Trump is no different.
He's done more than anyone else.............Some things that should have been done a decade ago............

After they got the Fence Act they put up cheap ass fences and then probably pocketed the rest......They never used the PROMISED FUNDING.......

I'm anticipating all the excuses when there is no or very little new wall built.

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Fake news. This has already been discussed on here in the past week. Get new source material. Even your precious NYT has confirmed that sections of entirely new border wall are currently under construction.

Under Construction in Texas: The First New Section of Border Wall

Not to mention, much of the 78 miles of wall that has been built replaced vehicle barriers, which is not human barrier wall. Thus, all of that was indeed new wall. 159 miles of new wall are scheduled to be built through 2020.

I thought NYT was fake news? You believe when you want to believe don't you?

1. Trump's wall replaces inadequate wall with new 30' high wall. It makes compete sense to replace inadequate wall first since no new land is needed. "New wall Extensions" would be way outside the corridors where effective wall is needed. CBP supports the "new wall" replacing the old inadequate wall.
CBP Completes Construction of 50 miles of New Border Wall | U.S. Customs and Border Protection

2. Trump could make Mexicans pay for the new wall and CBP (~$4b/FY) by imposing a "remittance tax" on all money sent out of the USA.

Failure to Include a Remittance Surcharge in the Tax Bill Was a Lost Opportunity
Remittances from the United States - Wikipedia

3. Border apprehensions are way down starting FY2020, as more wall gets built fewer and fewer illegals will cross illegally.

SWB_FY201_Migration-Graphic.png

they are almost down to the pre-Trump era!

:21::21::21::21::21::21:

I agree.

Trump is no different.

I'm anticipating all the excuses when there is no or very little new wall built.
You are after a NARRATIVE..............either I HATE TRUMP..........when called out with data........it's argue against the Wall itself............

And now your true colors come out...........You just DON'T WANT A WALL..........or you hate Trump so much that you want it to fail.......

You have dodged the videos I posted of the Dems PROCLAIMING we WANT A FENCE.........LOL

I wonder why.........lol

1. Trump's wall replaces inadequate wall with new 30' high wall. It makes compete sense to replace inadequate wall first since no new land is needed. "New wall Extensions" would be way outside the corridors where effective wall is needed. CBP supports the "new wall" replacing the old inadequate wall.
CBP Completes Construction of 50 miles of New Border Wall | U.S. Customs and Border Protection

2. Trump could make Mexicans pay for the new wall and CBP (~$4b/FY) by imposing a "remittance tax" on all money sent out of the USA.

Failure to Include a Remittance Surcharge in the Tax Bill Was a Lost Opportunity
Remittances from the United States - Wikipedia

3. Border apprehensions are way down starting FY2020, as more wall gets built fewer and fewer illegals will cross illegally.

SWB_FY201_Migration-Graphic.png

they are almost down to the pre-Trump era!

:21::21::21::21::21::21:
They flooded the Entry Gates to YELL ASSYLUM..........

Guess you are down for that........

Are you..............

Are you with the Open Border Crowd..........sounds like it.

Forum List

Back