Border Protection Commissioner Admits No New Border Wall Miles Built

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Who’s the biggest loser, Trump or his army of morons who believe him? :lol:

Border protection commissioner admits no miles of new border wall have been built despite Trump's claim of "great progress"

President Donald Trump has been claiming that the border wall is well underway in construction, but the acting U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) commissioner was unable to support those remarks after repeated questioning by a reporter.

The exchange occurred on Thursday when a reporter, whose identity was not clear from a C-SPAN video, asked acting CBP commissioner Mark Morgan for a status update on "how many miles of wall has been constructed, not wall that's replacing old wall, but new wall that has been built to this point."

"So 78 miles of new wall has been built," Morgan replied.

The reporter, skeptical about Morgan's claim, pushed him further.

"Much of that obviously is replacing wall that formerly existed, that the president said was insufficient," the reporter said. "How many miles of wall where there was no wall whatsoever?"

Morgan responded that "every mile of wall that is being built is a new mile of wall."

The reporter asked again for Morgan to differentiate between renovated or replaced wall, and wall where no barrier previously existed.

"So right now, 78 miles have been built, have been built where there was an existing form of barrier," Morgan said, effectively admitting that none of the wall that has been constructed has been in new areas.

"We just started breaking ground in [Rio Grande Valley] where we're building miles of new wall where there has been no structure there at all," the acting CBP commissioner said.

"So that's just now starting the construction of new wall?" the reporter said, seeking to clarify.

"That's correct, that's correct," Morgan admitted.
^
Fake news.

^
Fake news.

^Dope

Trump Admin Confirms All 78 Miles Of "New" Border Wall Built So Far Are Replacements For Existing Barriers

Why accept the word of the person over the construction? Lol

Really?

Yes, really. Let me frame it for you like this: perhaps the reporter asked whether any sections of wall had been completed where no barriers of any type previously stood.

That would rule out both the current construction of the new sections of wall, as well as the wall constructed to replace vehicle barriers, making the answer to the question "no."

That answer does not in any way contradict the fact that new border wall is currently under construction, or that much of the wall already build replaced vehicle barriers. Do you follow?

I never argued what type of barriers were being replaced. "maybe this happened" doesn't negate what was said.
CBP has priorities and those priorities are being followed...............such as the Pedestrian area of San Diego.........They had been begging for funding for over a decade.......Said it was getting dangerous there if not addressed........fell on the deaf and dumb of politicians.

Under Trump it was done...........was a priority......was it replacement.....and overhaul........yep.

The Levees in Texas were a priority........to stop flooding of towns and cities........and were part of new spending.....on top of the Levees were modern Fences.....with monitoring devices............It's NEW.......but is not considered a wall......

It was a high drug traffic area.........and again the CBP had been begging for funding to the deaf ears of Politicians..........Under Trump it was done.........

How the question is worded makes a big difference........especially if the media is looking for a specific Narrative.

I don't believe him about new ground being broken. I would need for actual photo or video proof.

The lying by this government has gotten so pervasive and bad, I no longer believe anything from this government.

NYT: Under Construction in Texas: The First New Section of Border Wall

Border Wall Rio Grande Valley.jpg

Border Wall Rio Grande Valley 4.jpg

Last edited:
I don't believe him about new ground being broken. I would need for actual photo or video proof.

The lying by this government has gotten so pervasive and bad, I no longer believe anything from this government.

View attachment 290352
Which are being done after the Rio Grande got funding for the levee systems.........which had a higher priority.......

And like in my last post........an area of high drug traffic.............Guess we didn't need that.......perhaps the Dems want the drugs to flow unimpeded...

:dunno:

Federal government awards three contracts for 65 new miles of border fencing in South Texas

U.S. Customs and Border Protection announced on Monday that three contracts have been awarded to begin construction of 65 miles of new border fence in the Rio Grande Valley.

Construction is set to begin in early 2020 “pending availability of real estate,” according to a CBP press release. It’s not clear whether the agency has control of the land where it plans to build the barrier and the release doesn’t specify exactly where it will be built in Cameron, Hidalgo and Starr counties.

Land acquisition holding it up..........but it's for 65 miles........to begin in 2020

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Who’s the biggest loser, Trump or his army of morons who believe him? :lol:

Border protection commissioner admits no miles of new border wall have been built despite Trump's claim of "great progress"

President Donald Trump has been claiming that the border wall is well underway in construction, but the acting U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) commissioner was unable to support those remarks after repeated questioning by a reporter.

The exchange occurred on Thursday when a reporter, whose identity was not clear from a C-SPAN video, asked acting CBP commissioner Mark Morgan for a status update on "how many miles of wall has been constructed, not wall that's replacing old wall, but new wall that has been built to this point."

"So 78 miles of new wall has been built," Morgan replied.

The reporter, skeptical about Morgan's claim, pushed him further.

"Much of that obviously is replacing wall that formerly existed, that the president said was insufficient," the reporter said. "How many miles of wall where there was no wall whatsoever?"

Morgan responded that "every mile of wall that is being built is a new mile of wall."

The reporter asked again for Morgan to differentiate between renovated or replaced wall, and wall where no barrier previously existed.

"So right now, 78 miles have been built, have been built where there was an existing form of barrier," Morgan said, effectively admitting that none of the wall that has been constructed has been in new areas.

"We just started breaking ground in [Rio Grande Valley] where we're building miles of new wall where there has been no structure there at all," the acting CBP commissioner said.

"So that's just now starting the construction of new wall?" the reporter said, seeking to clarify.

"That's correct, that's correct," Morgan admitted.
^
Fake news.

^
Fake news.

^Dope
^
Projection.

New waivers to expedite border wall in RGV - The Monitor

The center sued the Trump administration in 2018 to challenge border wall construction in Hidalgo and Cameron counties, and near the Santa Teresa Port of Entry in New Mexico as well as for the emergency declaration.

The lawsuit, which was filed March 22, 2018, challenged the administration’s wall waivers, which they claimed was granted in 2006, but no longer applied because it only applied to border wall construction under the 2006 Secure Fence Act. This set into motion the construction of 700 miles of border barriers during that time.

The lawsuit specifically challenged the DHS waiver of 25 laws to speed construction of 20 miles of border wall in eastern New Mexico, where DHS wanted to convert vehicle barriers into bollard walls along the border west of El Paso at the Santa Teresa Land Port of Entry.

But in early September, U.S. District Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson dismissed the lawsuit brought about by the center, Southwest Environmental Center, Defenders of Wildlife, and the Animal Legal Defense Fund.

Despite that ruling, officials with the center were still weighing its options with regard to an appeal.

Go to minute 8.........100 miles of walls for the budget of 2018. This video is over a year old.......Listen to the first parts of this video and it will confirm what I already stated about San Diego

Barriers in some places........but new walls going back in their place......from their own words.....

Really?

Yes, really. Let me frame it for you like this: perhaps the reporter asked whether any sections of wall had been completed where no barriers of any type previously stood.

That would rule out both the current construction of the new sections of wall, as well as the wall constructed to replace vehicle barriers, making the answer to the question "no."

That answer does not in any way contradict the fact that new border wall is currently under construction, or that much of the wall already build replaced vehicle barriers. Do you follow?

I never argued what type of barriers were being replaced. "maybe this happened" doesn't negate what was said.
CBP has priorities and those priorities are being followed...............such as the Pedestrian area of San Diego.........They had been begging for funding for over a decade.......Said it was getting dangerous there if not addressed........fell on the deaf and dumb of politicians.

Under Trump it was done...........was a priority......was it replacement.....and overhaul........yep.

The Levees in Texas were a priority........to stop flooding of towns and cities........and were part of new spending.....on top of the Levees were modern Fences.....with monitoring devices............It's NEW.......but is not considered a wall......

It was a high drug traffic area.........and again the CBP had been begging for funding to the deaf ears of Politicians..........Under Trump it was done.........

How the question is worded makes a big difference........especially if the media is looking for a specific Narrative.

The commissioner tried to dance around the answer. Argue if you want that Trump is replacing the walls. I'm not arguing he isn't.

View attachment 290352
Which are being done after the Rio Grande got funding for the levee systems.........which had a higher priority.......

And like in my last post........an area of high drug traffic.............Guess we didn't need that.......perhaps the Dems want the drugs to flow unimpeded...

As long as there is a profitable market, the drugs will continue to come.

Really?

The commissioner tried to dance around the answer. Argue if you want that Trump is replacing the walls. I'm not arguing he isn't.
I just showed a video from the CBP for 2018........most were replacement..........they were high priority areas........some were for safety.........some were for flooding........Texas had NEW walls.........but you can dance that it's replacement because of VEHICLE BARRIERS..............

Vehicle Barriers aren't a Fence............and aren't a Wall............so depending on the narrative the media WANTS TO PORTRAY.............it's replacement.

To the CBP..........they are ALL NEW..............and needed......so we are splitting hairs........All funding is PRIORITIZED BY THE CBP...........NOT TRUMP.

View attachment 290352

And as long as it is crossing the border..........CBP agents will risk their lives to stop it. That's the job.......and extra security helps them in their job.............They even have gunboats in Texas because of it.

Really?

I just showed a video from the CBP for 2018........most were replacement..........they were high priority areas........some were for safety.........some were for flooding........Texas had NEW walls.........but you can dance that it's replacement because of VEHICLE BARRIERS..............

Vehicle Barriers aren't a Fence............and aren't a Wall............so depending on the narrative the media WANTS TO PORTRAY.............it's replacement.

To the CBP..........they are ALL NEW..............and needed......so we are splitting hairs........All funding is PRIORITIZED BY THE CBP...........NOT TRUMP.

The argument isn't that vehicle barriers aren't walls. All the same, people will get in regardless.

View attachment 290352

And as long as it is crossing the border..........CBP agents will risk their lives to stop it. That's the job.......and extra security helps them in their job.............They even have gunboats in Texas because of it.

Drones are cheap, easy and reusable. Drugs also get past the borders patrol now.

If we really cared about drugs our military wouldn't be protecting poppy fields in Afghanistan.

The argument isn't that vehicle barriers aren't walls. All the same, people will get in regardless.
The CBP wants these walls...........to help them stop people from getting in...............that is why they prioritize HIGH TRAFFIC areas first. Especially where cities are right next to each other.

Walls IMPEDE............can't stop everything..........but they make it harder.......and give time for agents to go get them....................

So I agree with them.............

View attachment 290352

Drones are cheap, easy and reusable. Drugs also get past the borders patrol now.

If we really cared about drugs our military wouldn't be protecting poppy fields in Afghanistan.
Do Drones stop and arrest the smugglers.........Tell me when they can do that................

Now you are changing the equation here................I think they will help out.............CBP says they help...................

So this is now a difference of opinion now..................and the OP was to split hairs on Replacement versus new..................trying to fit the NARRATIVE.........that no new is being done.........

Its ALL NEW..........whether replacement or not...........and in places the CBP considers critical areas.

Do Drones stop and arrest the smugglers.........Tell me when they can do that................

The argument is that drones can drop drugs all day.

Its odd how no one wants to actually enforce our laws.

The argument is that drones can drop drugs all day.

Its odd how no one wants to actually enforce our laws.
So the druggies can just fly them in............Drones can get shot down......

We can change tactics and the equation......and it's clear you are against the Wall and I'm not.

The OP is a Narrative to try and mock Trump........but more has been done in his time then a decade before............and those facts don't lie.

Forum List

Back