Bootneck

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
Instead of using Bootneck for an excuse to rep ho, anyone that wants to wish a British Royal Marine in Afghanistan good luck and God's speed, can do so here.

If you think reputation points can replace the fear and terror of incoming rounds, then you don't know what the Hell you're talking about.

Here's to coming back alive.:beer:

An appropriate place and moment to say it again:

Thank you to every single American military volunteer, especially to those most at risk.

You continue to serve America and protect us (and so many of the other people on Earth) and get so damn little in exchange.

Thank you, with every bit of sincerity.

And to all of the servicemen and service women in uniform representing our allies, thank you to you, too.

Last edited:
An appropriate place and moment to say it again:

Thank you to evey single American military volunteer, especially to those most at risk.

You continue to serve America and protect us (and so many of the other people on Earth) and get so damn little in exchange.

Thank you, with every bit of sincerity.

:clap2:

Amen...

:)

peace...

Bootneck is in my daily prayers, along with all that serve the cause of freedom. They pay the price that the main can't or won't. It's a debt that we cannot repay, only appreciate. BTW, it's also imperative that those that can, support their dependents emotionally and financially.

Thank you, Bootneck and all who serve.

O Eternal Lord God,who through many generations hast united and inspired the members of our Corps,

grant thy blessings we beseech thee,on Royal Marines serving all round the globe.

Bestow Thy crown of righteousness upon all our efforts and endevours,

and may our laurels be those of gallantry and honour, loyalty and courage.

We ask these in the Name of Him whose courage never failed,

our redeemer Jesus Christ.

Godspeed Marines.

Instead of using Bootneck for an excuse to rep ho, anyone that wants to wish a British Royal Marine in Afghanistan good luck and God's speed, can do so here.

If you think reputation points can replace the fear and terror of incoming rounds, then you don't know what the Hell you're talking about.

I did know him before but having read so many of his post I have come to enjoy his company and look forward to his return in good health,He is a very pleasant fellow.

I thought the idea of the rep Bootneck thread was to find a post by him and rep it, so to surprise / welcome him when he comes home. :eusa_eh: Anyhoo, Good Luck Bootneck, and come home safe. :eusa_pray:

Lord God, Almighty Father,
creator of mankind and author of peace,
as we are ever mindful of the cost paid for the liberty we possess,
we ask you to bless the members of our armed forces.
Give them courage, hope and strength.
May they ever experience your firm support, gentle love and compassionate healing.
Be their power and protector, leading them from darkness to light.
To you be all glory, honor and praise, now and forever.

Amen.

Fair winds and following seas to all of our soldiers and NATO allies.

The Royal Marines are one of the cutting edge groups within the British Army, they have very tough requirements to join them, only joining the Para is harder.

Their's is not to question why.

Their's is just to do or die.

best of British squaddie.

The Royal Marines are one of the cutting edge groups within the British Army, they have very tough requirements to join them, only joining the Para is harder.

I'm going with the SAS as the hardest bunch to join followed closely by the SBS and then the Para's. All tough outfits to be pulling your load in though.......

:oops: Oh shit, Zeebub! Bootneck is really going to be pissed with you! Never ever refer to a Royal Marine as a member of the Army. They are Royal Navy. You'll have him blathering on about Pongoes now!

You also raise another issue guaranteed to get his blood up...the Paras! Actually, as an ex-Para myself, I have to begrudgingly admit that gaining entry into the RMs is slightly more difficult than getting into the Paras. Our PARA CIC and P Coy training, which has to be passed before becoming a Para, was 28 weeks. RMs have to go through another month of torture as their course is 32 weeks!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back