Bonds and Mortgages see Interest rates Slowly rise

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Subprime has become non-prime and muni-ads keep up the hard sell. This is unlikely in the extreme to end well.

The trump recession is coming. It will make the last one look mild. We never reset the countermeasures like interest rates so we will have nowhere to turn.

Slow & steady would be great. The Fed needs to be able to normalize rates in anticipation of the next recession.

A bond market crash is still possible, but a little less likely than we feared.
Slow & steady would be great. The Fed needs to be able to normalize rates in anticipation of the next recession.

A bond market crash is still possible, but a little less likely than we feared.

There are already some strange symptoms in the real estate market:

TN is toying with the idea of rejecting Amazon's alternate HQ because of the effects on rents. Across the street from me a house is being partially rebuilt as a rental at $166,000 implied value while the same buyer is doing a flip at an implied value of $200-300K for the land. I can't make even good nonsense out of that hedge.

The trump recession is coming. It will make the last one look mild. We never reset the countermeasures like interest rates so we will have nowhere to turn.
Possible but I suspect the blame will be pinned on D corruption if it does happen.

Possible but I suspect the blame will be pinned on D corruption if it does happen.
In RWNJ land I'm sure you are correct.

Out here in reality it will be known as the tRump recession.

"Trump recession"....you guys are idiots.
If/When a recession hits, Trump will have about as much to do with it as Tom Cruise.
I would hate to walk around this simple-minded.
It is tragic, people vote based on stupidity like this.

"Trump recession"....you guys are idiots.
If/When a recession hits, Trump will have about as much to do with it as Tom Cruise.
I would hate to walk around this simple-minded.
It is tragic, people vote based on stupidity like this.

Worse yet for Cr. and this is not a putdown but the Ds have given him the following excuses that will bite:

Sanctuary for illegals in the states that have cut services and raised SALT. The classic recipe for residential arson to enable out migration.

Pork galore in the omnibus spending bill to run up the debt.

A bogus special counsel investigation that distracts from the economy.

and a huge shortfall in state and local public service union payments that can easily be sold as corruption. As long as Trump is just as hard on the RINOs and never Trumpers in the Republican party as he is on Democrats he can get away with a little bit of slack for his R supporters and still paint the Ds as the political wing of the Mafia.

This is an absurd amount of cover to give an opponent.

Forum List

Back