bond market going haywire

wimpy77

Jan 21, 2009
what should have been a goody day was brought down by the freaking bond market going ape shit.

Everything is going to keep going ape shit, as long as Barry Obolshevik keeps printing up money.

And messing with bankruptcy laws. The union businesses are going to find it very difficult to garner investors. Good thing they took over the banks first. :rolleyes:

Right....All of which upsets the natural ebb and flow of money in the markets.

But leave it to the know-it-all technocrat meddlers to think that "just one more" intervention in and distortion of the marketplace will "fix" everything, despite zero evidence to suggest so.

No, and things are not going to be kosher for some time. Trying to head off the Second Great Republican Depression is not going to be easy.

No, and things are not going to be kosher for some time. Trying to head off the Second Great Republican Depression is not going to be easy.

LOL, right, because only ONE party is to blame. :rolleyes:

more than enough blame to go around. where the heck is toro nowadays anyways. i think we should be worried about the debt, but i read in an article that was quoted as saying on weeks like this when there is no news basically anything can throw the market.

from what i read in that cnbc article as i understood it even though the auction went well they basically sold the bonds so the fed would buy the higher slope yielding bonds. i could be very very wrong.

LOL, right, because only ONE party is to blame. :rolleyes:

more than enough blame to go around. where the heck is toro nowadays anyways. i think we should be worried about the debt, but i read in an article that was quoted as saying on weeks like this when there is no news basically anything can throw the market.

from what i read in that cnbc article as i understood it even though the auction went well they basically sold the bonds so the fed would buy the higher slope yielding bonds. i could be very very wrong.

Last I knew, the Fed WAS buying longer term treasuries. I also know that when the yield curve is this steep, it has always historically meant that recovery is on the way.

The argument can be made that THIS time around things are different, but then again the opposite could also be argued. It's not like this is the first time we've been buried in debt. Inflation makes it seem much higher compared to previous situations. This doesn't mean I condone it, though. The opposite, in fact. I DESPISE it.

Last I knew, the Fed WAS buying longer term treasuries. I also know that when the yield curve is this steep, it has always historically meant that recovery is on the way.

The argument can be made that THIS time around things are different, but then again the opposite could also be argued. It's not like this is the first time we've been buried in debt. Inflation makes it seem much higher compared to previous situations. This doesn't mean I condone it, though. The opposite, in fact. I DESPISE it.
Maybe it's because the Fed is pretty much painted into a corner..The Chicoms are getting squeamish about taking any more T-bills, and the Fed has to keep pumping the cash out to keep their scam intact for as long as possible.

In the meantime, investors are going schitzo trying to find some safe haven for what's left of their money, trying to at least break even for the inflationary flood they know is coming.

That about cover it?

Forum List

Back