Bombshell: Cheney to deliver speech bashing "Obama's" March 2009 strategy.

We won Iraq. Just deal with it. It's tough for you Lib Loser to swallow, but keep trying.

Frank, I know you enjoy needling "Libs", but I don't know if you can say we won Iraq yet. I'm not sure we'll be ready to say we won Iraq until well after Barack and Bush are out of office.

Its certainly better off now that it was during those first few years, but until it goes through a few elections and shows some stability, calling it a win seems premature.

Poor, poor idiotic Frankie. What the hell do you think Bush did to our military?

President Obama pushed for and signed the new GI Bill into law, in spite of opposition from all too many Republicans

McCain misses vote on a new GI Bill, scorns criticism from Obama - The Boston Globe

The bill, which President Bush has threatened to veto, would pay tuition and other expenses at a four-year public university for anyone who has served at least three years since the 2001 terrorist attacks. McCain is a cosponsor of a different version of the bill that would require soldiers to have more time in the service to get full benefits and to encourage them to stay in the military as a career.

And we are getting a pay raise too.

So we have Dick Cheney providing advice on how to properly execute a war...

The man who:
- Stated "The smoking gun will be a mushroom cloud"
- Stated "They will treat us as liberators"
- Advocated torture of prisoners
- Cooked intelligence to get the justification for war he wanted
- Alienated all of our allies
- Still believes Iraq was involved in 9-11

This is the man you want to take advice from on how to properly execute a war? He has been wrong on every decision. Other than do the opposite of what he suggests, why would you listen to him?

Let me remind you, because you libs have an extremely short memory. Every President and I mean EVERY for the last 30 years stated publicly that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction, they used them on Iran, not only Americans thought this, but every leader in EVERY country stated over and over again that he had weapons of mass destruction. Let me remind you also, that Saddam would not let in anyone to inspect to make sure he did not have them, he would do a show of it, letting inspectors see what he wanted them to see, but none were allowed to see everything. You have probably forgotten this too, after 9-11, where 3,000 Americans, mostly civilians, were attacked and killed, you had this kind of intelligence about Saddam, thinking that terrorists could get their hands on these weapons. What would you have done?????????????? Sit on your hands? Like Obama is doing in Afghanistan while our troops and their commanders are screaming for help, or would you take action??

If Bush had not gone into Iraq, you would all be screaming that SADDAM HAS WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION and Bush was too much of a COWARD to do anything about it.

One thing we do know from all of this is, that Saddam has no great piles of mass destruction because he is pushing up the dirt in Iraq.

This is exactly why you do not let liberals lead, they are not leaders, they do not make good commanders in chief, as evidenced by the hand wringing going on in Washington while our troops are dying over there waiting for help that probably will never come.

The key word you overlook is that Saddam HAD WMDs. The Iran war was 25 years ago. Since that time, Saddam had his butt kicked in Desert Storm and was struggling just to maintain power. He was not a threat to anyone outside of Iran

You also skipped the part where Bush/Cheney ignored the assertions of Hans Blick, UN Weapons Inspector, that there did not appear to be any WMDs in Iraq and that if provided more time, he could prove it.
Bush/Cheney knew that if they allowed Blick to thoroughly investigate Iraq, he would lose his reason to invade. Bush insisted we invade NOW because of trumped up mushroom clouds

And the reason we should trust Cheneys assessment of the war is??

Because war profiteering is patriotic.

This is going to be very interesting. Already they are saying that the Obama transition team asked Bush NOT to release information on Afghanistan after a thorough fact finding mission went there in 2008. Then the strategy Bush recommended was spouted by Obama as HIS OWN PLAN in his grandiose speech in MARCH OF 2009!!!! Then Obama NEVER IMPLEMENTED IT. OBAMA'S MARCH 2009 AFGHANISTAN STRATEGY SPEECH WAS ALL A BIG JOKE ON AMERICA!!!!

What the fuck is going on in this country!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a link to this? I'd like to see the evidence.

Everyone is quick to claim credit, blame, not so much. I'm finding it hard that Bush and Co. left behind a winning plan for Afghanistan when they couldn't seem to find it on a map anymore after 2003.

Ah well, another gathering of freikazoids. In a couple of years they can merge with the Birch John Society and be just as relevant.

The GOP drove the John Birchers out of the party back in the 50's.

That is one of the reasons I sort of admired William F. Buckley.

Even though I often disagreed with his viewpoint, I always enjoyed reading Buckley. A keen wit, high intelligiance, and an ascerbic tongue.

I predict about as many people who care about Palin will care about this speech. 25% approximately of extreme rightwingnuts.

When Cheney speaks about the defense of this nation everyone sits up and listens, he is no amature, you should listen too. Your life could depend on it.

He failed in two wars. Maybe not an amatuer, but damned incompetant. His torture policies shamed the nation, and made the situation in Iraq unwinnable. He is the last person in the world that anyone in Washington should listen to on any subject. Abject failure, incompetance, and corruption are his trademarks.

I think it is extremely juvenile to look at war like some sort of game that is to be won or lost.

I think you have to look at it terms of either meeting the objectives or not meeting the objectives. IF the objective was to remove Saddam - that was certainly met. If it was to elimenate the threat posed to the region by Saddam's WMDs - then it clearly was not met. The war did absolutely nothing to contribute to that objective. If the objective was to create a stable, U.S.-friendly democracy in the region - the jury is gonna be out on that one for a very long time.

Last edited:
This is going to be very interesting. Already they are saying that the Obama transition team asked Bush NOT to release information on Afghanistan after a thorough fact finding mission went there in 2008. Then the strategy Bush recommended was spouted by Obama as HIS OWN PLAN in his grandiose speech in MARCH OF 2009!!!! Then Obama NEVER IMPLEMENTED IT. OBAMA'S MARCH 2009 AFGHANISTAN STRATEGY SPEECH WAS ALL A BIG JOKE ON AMERICA!!!!

Everyone is quick to claim credit, blame, not so much. I'm finding it hard that Bush and Co. left behind a winning plan for Afghanistan when they couldn't seem to find it on a map anymore after 2003.

The link, doofus, is from Cheney's speech, from his lips to our ears! :lol: dayuuumm

The link, doofus, is from Cheney's speech, from his lips to our ears! :lol: dayuuumm

Do you have a link to the speech. Are you so dense you don't understand that question?

Poor, poor idiotic Frankie. What the hell do you think Bush did to our military?

President Obama pushed for and signed the new GI Bill into law, in spite of opposition from all too many Republicans

McCain misses vote on a new GI Bill, scorns criticism from Obama - The Boston Globe

The bill, which President Bush has threatened to veto, would pay tuition and other expenses at a four-year public university for anyone who has served at least three years since the 2001 terrorist attacks. McCain is a cosponsor of a different version of the bill that would require soldiers to have more time in the service to get full benefits and to encourage them to stay in the military as a career.

And we are getting a pay raise too.

Well deserved and about time!

People can debate the merits of Dick Cheney's relevance, or lack thereof, all they want. It doesn't change the fact that Obama hasn't made a fucking decision about Afghanistan yet. And that, while we have troops in harm's way.

Seriously. Every drop of American blood spilled since McChrystal put in his request for reinforcement... is on Obama's hands.

He wanted to be "commander-in-chief". During the debates, when McCain said he'd heed the recommendations of his generals, Mr. Big Shot said he'd listen, and then he'd make his own decision. It didn't matter to him that he's never done a single day in uniform. For all his regard, four-star generals might as well come out of CrackerJack boxes, and not decades of specific training.

Apparently though... decisions are hard. Because Numbnuts hasn't made one yet, and worse... he won't get the fuck out of the way and let someone else make one for him. Maybe that plays well to his liberal base. Meanwhile back at the ranch though... the rest of us have noticed that we've got troops dying on the ground for want of real leadership.

Do you have a link to the speech. Are you so dense you don't understand that question?

No, there are never any transcripts to what Cheney has to say, the Republicans see to it that they are all destroyed just in case they are incriminated.. :)

What? you cannot find you way to the front page of yer newspaper? Jeezus!

Man, you guys are just great.

The US government knew exactly what Saddam had. Remember, Iraq has/had no industry and no manufacturing. That means everything, and I mean everything is imported.

If anyone believes that a country without manufacturing or industry could make WMDs, then they are a fool.

After 9/11, every country in the world was willing to share what they sold to Iraq with the US. If only so they don't appear to be collaborators.

And 15 of the 16 hijackers came from Arabia.

Remember Bush's famous words, "Is that all you got?"

Just stop. Stop repeating nutzy Republican catch phrases.

Man, you guys are just great.

The US government knew exactly what Saddam had. Remember, Iraq has/had no industry and no manufacturing. That means everything, and I mean everything is imported.

If anyone believes that a country without manufacturing or industry could make WMDs, then they are a fool.

After 9/11, every country in the world was willing to share what they sold to Iraq with the US. If only so they don't appear to be collaborators.

And 15 of the 16 hijackers came from Arabia.

Remember Bush's famous words, "Is that all you got?"

Just stop. Stop repeating nutzy Republican catch phrases.

I guess all those poor fuckers who died of chemical poisoning were just playin' possum then. Hmmm?

Good joke. That wacky Saddam! He had me completely fooled. :disbelief:

Forum List

Back