Bombardier Jet crashes on I-75 in Florida, 2 dead.

So the jet collides with a car and there are 2 dead, Was it the occupants of the car? Probably, but the jet is consumed in flames as well. NTSB needs to do an investigation before they can clear the scene.

Wow. That is a hard call, and not as simple as it sounds to the public wanting a fast re-open of a major highway. I was trained. You can either do it quick, or you can do it thurough, but that isn't quick, as it involves closing the area, protecting the site, crowd control, collecting all part, no matter how small, sometimes, marking exactly where found. It is painstaking, and you have to have a clue, what your are doing.

It sounds now like the two pilots were killed, they said 3 made it off the plane and there were 5 people on it, no word on the vehicle the plane hit. Someone said it is very rare to lose both engines on this jet, so that means it was either a bird strike or they ran out of fuel.

It was only 2 weeks ago that a plane crashed into a mobile home park in Clwarwater.

I will be driving by there next weekend. I-75 is brutal simce so many northerns have come down here.
I was hoping you would notice the updated report, as you said you were going to be going through there this weekend, but didn't say what day. I didn't figure you would make it through going south.

I was hoping you would notice the updated report, as you said you were going to be going through there this weekend, but didn't say what day. I didn't figure you would make it through going south.

I appreciate it man! It’s amazing that SB is still closed. I am going a week from today. I have driven that route at least 100 times. Seen many accidents, even fatalities, but never shit down over multiple days.

It’s my nephews Bday in Miami next weekend. I am in Tampa. I-75 is the most direct route. It will likely be open by Saturday.

I am amazed only 2 people died. Rest In Peace. What a crazy accident. Just minutes from Naples airport.

One can cut east right around lake Okeechobee and then grab I-75 south close to Ft Lauderdale. There are many alternate routes, but SB closed for multiple days is crazy

I appreciate it man! It’s amazing that SB is still closed. I am going a week from today. I have driven that route at least 100 times. Seen many accidents, even fatalities, but never shit down over multiple days.

It’s my nephews Bday in Miami next weekend. I am in Tampa. I-75 is the most direct route. It will likely be open by Saturday.

I am amazed only 2 people died. Rest In Peace. What a crazy accident. Just minutes from Naples airport.

One can cut east right around lake Okeechobee and then grab I-75 south close to Ft Lauderdale. There are many alternate routes, but SB closed for multiple days is crazy
I got sent to school for training, and had a credential for awhile. Somebody wanted a point man in case there was an incident, but I was not an aircraft guy, just a safety investigator guy. A crash on a major interstate artery like that presents more problems than usual.

I got sent to school for training, and had a credential for awhile. Somebody wanted a point man in case there was an incident, but I was not an aircraft guy, just a safety investigator guy. A crash on a major interstate artery like that presents more problems than usual.

If youhave seen the video from the scene, it is a miracle only 2 people lost their lives.

Pilots might have survived if the wing did not hit that barrier wall along the interstate, it turned the plane head on into the wall, and it then spun another 180 degrees.

There was a similar accident a few years ago, where a small plane had to make an emergency landing on a street and there was a van he avoided, in doing so, his wing clipped a brick building, which spun the plane head on into it, killing both occupants

What is a bombardier jet? Is it military?

No, it's a short CRJ. (Canadair Regional Jet) flown a lot by Delta connection airlines. Ironic you mention it being military, because it has the same engines as the A-10. But it's definitely not military.

It did not hit a semi, it hit a car. This is not the exact same plane, but is the same model.

planecrashsplit.png

Last edited:
Yea I saw that video. I was waiting to see actual video of the crash. Looks like it almost got lined up, but the wing hit that wall which slung the nose into the wall.

Kudos to the guy in the Jeep who jumps out and runs straight up to that burning hulk.

Forum List

Back