Bomani Jones wears "Caucasians" Shirt and the Internet goes NUTS! Proving his point.

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Screen-Shot-2016-04-08-at-5.24.56-PM.png

This dude went on ESPN and wore this shirt and the Internet, Twitter, Social media went bananas and they never realized that their reaction makes the point in itself

FTA:

They were designed by Trey Kirby, a self-proclaimed lifelong Indians fan, who told Cleveland.com back in 2014 that he even wears the shirt to games.

"I came up with the shirt to raise a point, but in a disarming way," Kirby said. "I didn't mean any spite by it."
Regardless, you can always count on the Internet to miss the point. Soon after Jones appeared on ESPN, his mentions filled up with people crying race bait and reverse racism. What if a white journalist wore a shirt that said 'African-Americans'? What then? I'M the reasonable one here. YOU'RE the racist.

If you'll look out of the passenger side window, you'll see that we've arrived at a teachable moment.

No one likes having a mirror held up to their imperfections, but it's, you know, a necessary part of growing. If you're using the term "race bait," chances are you don't like change and bruise too easily. Also, stop calling it a "race card." It's not a game.

Moving past the special brand of delusion it takes to call the person wearing the shirt critiquing racism "racist," the concept of "reverse racism" is stupid because the reverse of racism would just be fairness. Also, people of color can undeniably be prejudiced, but racism is the sum of prejudice and power, which people of color generally don't have.

So, maybe instead of getting upset about the $22 Jones spent on that shirt, worry about the millions (billions?) the Cleveland Indians, Florida StateSeminoles, and the Washington Redskins have all made off of appropriating Native American iconography and perpetuating harmful tropes.

anvil__black_mockup_4_1024x1024.png

Get Yours Today!!

If 2,000 whites went to a game in that shirt there would be screeches that they were racists.

This dude went on ESPN and wore this shirt and the Internet, Twitter, Social media went bananas and they never realized that their reaction makes the point in itself

FTA:

They were designed by Trey Kirby, a self-proclaimed lifelong Indians fan, who told Cleveland.com back in 2014 that he even wears the shirt to games.

"I came up with the shirt to raise a point, but in a disarming way," Kirby said. "I didn't mean any spite by it."
Regardless, you can always count on the Internet to miss the point. Soon after Jones appeared on ESPN, his mentions filled up with people crying race bait and reverse racism. What if a white journalist wore a shirt that said 'African-Americans'? What then? I'M the reasonable one here. YOU'RE the racist.

If you'll look out of the passenger side window, you'll see that we've arrived at a teachable moment.

No one likes having a mirror held up to their imperfections, but it's, you know, a necessary part of growing. If you're using the term "race bait," chances are you don't like change and bruise too easily. Also, stop calling it a "race card." It's not a game.

Moving past the special brand of delusion it takes to call the person wearing the shirt critiquing racism "racist," the concept of "reverse racism" is stupid because the reverse of racism would just be fairness. Also, people of color can undeniably be prejudiced, but racism is the sum of prejudice and power, which people of color generally don't have.

So, maybe instead of getting upset about the $22 Jones spent on that shirt, worry about the millions (billions?) the Cleveland Indians, Florida StateSeminoles, and the Washington Redskins have all made off of appropriating Native American iconography and perpetuating harmful tropes.

Get Yours Today!!
As a Viking I love all the Viking teams.
As a Cherokee my wife loves all of the Indian named teams.

Takes a really pathetic pansy child to get offended.

Did they go nuts over the content of the shirt, or the perceived hypocrisy of the person wearing it?

You can perceive anything. So thats pretty much nothing.

Actually it is something. Were the anti-comments offended by the portrayal of the white person, or were they of the type that said, "hey you are mad at the Indian's logo, wearing one making fun of whites makes you a hypocrite"?

And actually, if he was going to riff on the indians logo, a rich white guy motif was the wrong thing to go with. he would have been better off with more of a "bubba" type white guy.

And no Indian fans have smiled in the past 10 years or so.

FTA:

Get Yours Today!!

Also, caption should realize that the Seminole example is 100% wrong, because the school works with the Tribe when it comes to its representation of them via the mascot/team name.

FTA:

Get Yours Today!!

You`re not a Viking and your wife isn`t an Indian. Why do teabaggers lie so much?

FTA:

Get Yours Today!!

You`re not a Viking and your wife isn`t an Indian. Why do teabaggers lie so much?
The left hate the truth, it always destroys their pathetic cry baby positions.

FTA:

Get Yours Today!!

Yeah but this isnt about you or your anecdotal tales about your wife :dunno:

FTA:

Get Yours Today!!

You're right. This is about the left displaying what childish little Pansy's they are.

Where did this come from? What words are actually yours? Does FTA cover everything?

Where could one link to this, FOX, FORBES, Where?

FTA:

Get Yours Today!!

It is amusing to watch overly sensitive white people, closet racists, as well as out and out racists go Ape Shit over this. If people think an Indians logo is no big deal, then a Caucasians logo should be no big deal. Playing Gotcha racial politics is what racists do.

And instead of playing the race card like the op and others are doing, there is an interesting way to look at this -- as a way of just "trying to have fun."

Cleveland Caucasians? T-shirt designer turns debate on Cleveland Indians mascot Chief Wahoo into hot-selling item'

FTA:

Get Yours Today!!

You're right. This is about the left displaying what childish little Pansy's they are.

Yes, the left are pansy's because you're crying about a shirt. Makes sense

It is amusing to watch overly sensitive white people, closet racists, as well as out and out racists go Ape Shit over this. If people think an Indians logo is no big deal, then a Caucasians logo should be no big deal. Playing Gotcha racial politics is what racists do.

And instead of playing the race card like the op and others are doing, there is an interesting way to look at this -- as a way of just "trying to have fun."

Cleveland Caucasians? T-shirt designer turns debate on Cleveland Indians mascot Chief Wahoo into hot-selling item'

Oh go fuck yourself with your lame ass attempt to get people into your thread.

Forum List

Back