BOLTON: Obama continues Bush's 2nd term -- badly

Man do I agree with this:

...Obama's wearying and unpresidential refrain of blaming his predecessor is implicitly a trap, an effort to entice us to reflexively defend the Bush administration. Instead, we should forthrightly explain where Mr. Bush went wrong, when he did, repudiating his errors as cheerily as Mr. Obama does, and then, agreeably to conservative principles, just as cheerily critiquing Mr. Obama's even more egregious mistakes.

Defending U.S. interests is neither arrogant nor disrespectful of others, but is instead the basic task of our presidents. Despite the 2008 election, neither the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, nor international terrorism, nor the challenges of geostrategic adversaries have in any way diminished.

Overseas "apology tours," public displays of empathy and inviting the likes of Iran to Fourth of July receptions at our embassies will not alter these underlying realities. Nor will reducing national-security budgets on such key items as missile defense and advanced weapons systems (while dramatically increasing unnecessary and inevitably inflationary domestic spending) make our adversaries more amenable to sweet reason. Sadly, such gratuitous indications of self-doubt and weakness only encourage the very adversaries whose favor we are currying....

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Wow what a surprise, democrats are pissing people off. I guess we will just have to vote republicans in next time, maybe, just maybe they will see the error in their ways, stand for principal and run the country the way our founding fathers intended. <--wishful thinking...

Last edited:
bolton is and always has been one of the left's most inconvenient people. He tells truths that the left dare not accept. In short he's the messenger they'd like to shoot but can't because of their rabid fear of guns.

Bolton is a neocon tool who wouldn't know "conservative" if it buzzed off his mustache, but I agree that bowing to Muslims is pretty lame. You just make campaign ads for the GOP in 2012.

Don't think so William. And he sure doesn't aound like a Big Bush fan in this piece to say nothing of that fact that he totally correct.

Forum List

Back