Boehner walks away from debt talks

SO he wasn't going to give spending cuts, even though Boenher just said they had agreed on spending cuts? So you know more then Boenher?

no but I'll take the word of man who has passed 2 bills out of his house on to the senate.

Obama has done ZIP.

cbo director elmendorf- " we don't analyze speeches"....

and obama says hes been left at the altar? :lol:

still waiting for those plans btw....

"Let me just say that the White House moved the goalpost," Boehner said. "There was an agreement, some additional revenues, until yesterday when the president demanded $400 billion more which was going to be nothing more than a tax increase on the job creators."

If all Obama wanted were cuts, then what did Boehner and the Republicans agree to?

Nothing apparently. That or after they agreed Obama then moved the goal posts.

More bullshit from Obama. Now he's playing the obstructionist card. Earlier, he said Sooner or later the republicans are going to have to realize they have to pass something."
This is more nonsense fro Obama.
As predictable as a Florida west coast afternoon thunderstorm and right on queue Obama has to spout off along party lines. Obama has been in office for 30 months and has never stopped campaigning.
Obama is not getting his tax increase no matter how much he bitches.
In fact I would not be in the least bit surprised if he had his legal counsel check into federal statutes to see if Obama could sign an executive order that would allow him to unilaterally increase taxes. To my knowledge the office of President has not the legal authority to do this. I believe Obama is incensed over the fact that he cannot rule by fiat. I bet Obama sits in the Oval Office and thinks to himself, "I am the President ,God dammit. I should be able to do whatever I want."

Republicans laid out a good plan and Democrats shot it down. Now its the Democrats turn to put a plan out there. They got all weekend. Calling these sessions talks is a joke, they were window dressing for Obama and nothing substanial was offered by the Democrats or Obama. Obama is so out of touch with how to help the economy, he actually thinks raising taxes right now is a good idea. How is it that we need to raise taxes right now, but let spending cuts be phased in over the next 24 months?

Looks like the Teapublicans are operating under the "destroy the village to save it" tactic. :cuckoo: Nice going Teapublicans :clap2:

retard8.jpg

Why should democrats even have a say in this? They have not put anything on paper regarding a budget in over 800 days......

The senate and the president will have a say in this. The House will do what the teaparty wants them to do and America will object and say so at the voting booth.
Using your logic, can we surmise that you believe Americans WANT their taxes increased?
Adding to that, is it your assertion that Americans are comfortable giving an already out of control spending government a virtual blank check?
BTW, the House is not doing what the tea party wants , they are doing the job Americans sent them to do . This is why the voters turned the US House over to the GOP last November.
Get it?

The senate and the president will have a say in this. The House will do what the teaparty wants them to do and America will object and say so at the voting booth.

Do you believe that the Republicans' corporate masters are just going to let the tea party poopers screw up the economy?

This may just be kabuki theater performance which is meant to create the a show that Boehner is hanging tough and holding out for the best deal possible

Or it could be that the Frankenstein monster they helped create (the Tea Party, IOW) has gotten out of control.

You think it's bad now, just wait until we have both houses and the white house. :evil:

Why should democrats even have a say in this? They have not put anything on paper regarding a budget in over 800 days......

Using your logic, can we surmise that you believe Americans WANT their taxes increased?
Adding to that, is it your assertion that Americans are comfortable giving an already out of control spending government a virtual blank check?
BTW, the House is not doing what the tea party wants , they are doing the job Americans sent them to do . This is why the voters turned the US House over to the GOP last November.
Get it?

This is why the Republicans in congress have a 27% approval rating.

P.S. Americans want revenue increases as part of the deal.

Obama is the worst President in the History of this country.

Hardly.

George W. Bush is the worst president in American history.

Clinton left Bush with a balanced budget, a strong economy, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later Bush left Obama with a trillion dollar deficit, a shattered economy, and two useless wars.

Now the Republicans in the House are going to ruin the economy in the hopes that it will win them the 2012 election.

Is there no evil the Republican Party won't endorse?

The Myth of the Clinton Surplus

Hardly.

Clinton left Bush with a balanced budget, a strong economy, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later Bush left Obama with a trillion dollar deficit, a shattered economy, and two useless wars.

Now the Republicans in the House are going to ruin the economy in the hopes that it will win them the 2012 election.

Clinton left no balanced budget Clinton also left us the road to 9/11 bosnia ring a bell?

Eight years later Bush left Obama with a trillion dollar deficit, a shattered economy, and two useless wars

So what will oibama leave the next president in 2012?
14 plus trillion. Right now a trillion would sound like a winner to me.

It rings a bell with me, I was one of the troops he sent there.

Hardly.

The Myth of the Clinton Surplus

There was no surplus. But using that model makes Bush look even worse. All the more reason to end the bush tax cuts, all of them.

Hardly.

Clinton left no balanced budget Clinton also left us the road to 9/11 bosnia ring a bell?

Eight years later Bush left Obama with a trillion dollar deficit, a shattered economy, and two useless wars

Actually bush left $11 trillion

Actually bush left $11 trillion

The above is a (1) lie or (2) stupidity - you choose. I'll give old Salt the benefit of the doubt, especially in light of his previous posts, and opt for (2). :D

President Obama says House Speaker John Boehner "walked away" from debt talks over "an extraordinarily fair" deal.

No details yet. Get ready for double digit interest rates. It should make Bachmann happy!

Why dont you support spending cuts? Do you really like burdening your fellow Americans by taxing their labor why politicians glut themselves?

Ever hear of entitlements? A lot of you righty retirees are on them, so is that the cuts you have in mind?

Entitlement is something you have earned, not something you get and have never worked for. Contrary to popular belief, noone is entitled to something for free. I get a military check that I earned while serving, the bum down the road gets a welfare check because he is too lazy to work, which one do you think I believe should be cut off? Which one would any clear minded America want to get cut off?

More bullshit from Obama. Now he's playing the obstructionist card. Earlier, he said Sooner or later the republicans are going to have to realize they have to pass something."
This is more nonsense fro Obama.
As predictable as a Florida west coast afternoon thunderstorm and right on queue Obama has to spout off along party lines. Obama has been in office for 30 months and has never stopped campaigning.
Obama is not getting his tax increase no matter how much he bitches.
In fact I would not be in the least bit surprised if he had his legal counsel check into federal statutes to see if Obama could sign an executive order that would allow him to unilaterally increase taxes. To my knowledge the office of President has not the legal authority to do this. I believe Obama is incensed over the fact that he cannot rule by fiat. I bet Obama sits in the Oval Office and thinks to himself, "I am the President ,God dammit. I should be able to do whatever I want."

I've concluded that is precisely how he thinks, and what he thinks. The reality is, the democrats had two years with an absolute majority to pass a budget in, and didn't get it done. Now, the egomaniac they put in the White House thinks he can simply demand, and receive. Sorry, but no! I no longer care how far we have to take this, we are going to stop this tax and spend bullshit once and for all, we are going to cut the bloated damn federal government down to size, we are going to dismantle the liberal bureaucracy, and that arrogant ass in the Oval office can shove it! The majority of us, are not liberals, we want our country back, and we are going to take it back, whatever, and I do mean WHATEVER, the consequences! I hope Boehner and company have the guts to stick to their position, no matter what. It's high time we got just as obstinate as the damn democrats. They rammed healthcare down our throats, and now, we are going to ram spending cuts down their throats, and make them swallow, no matter how many tantrums Obama throws!

The House gave them a bill and Harry Reid shot it down.

Nether Obama nor the Dems in the Senate are doing a darned thing.

They wanted a tax increase so they could brag about it. The Repugs didn't fall for their tricks, so now they're down to crying about how the GOP is the one not doing anything.
Senate Democrats don't have to do a damn thing. House Republicans started the default crisis by demanding huge spending cuts with no tax increases before raising the debt ceiling. I think Senate Democrats believe that if the worst happens and the nation defaults, they can blame it on House Republicans. House Republicans seem to feel the opposite.

If the nation defaults on it's debts, it will probably be the first time in history that a nation, not at war that is capable of paying it's debts refused to do so. If this happens, the American voters should throw all these idiots out of office.

I'll disagree then agree with you;

We're capable of paying our debts. The incredibly sad thing is that our elected officials are incapable of deciding how to do it.

This is why I am so much in favor of making the Constitution much more specific than it is. You write rules into the supreme document to force action; not seemingly reward inaction and obstructionism.

The upcoming default is a symptom of a grave disease. Our government is dysfunctional. There is no reason to think that a new breed of legislators will do any better than the current crop. The lax rules will still be there; the monied interest will still have major influence; and soon we'll be back were we are now.

Change the rules and you have a good start on improving the country.

I agree with you though on one aspect; there are elements of the government that need to be voted out immediately. Anybody who is compromise-adverse needs to go.
I'm not apposed to a balanced budget amendment, but the devil is in the details. 49 states have balanced budget requirements because in an emergency they can fall back on the federal government. There would have to be a congressional override to cover emergencies and that could be a problem with a deeply divided Congress. Also budgets would probably have large built in contingency funds which could be a real problem.

Forum List

Back