boehner reveals his complete ignorance on the topic of climate change

Your beliefs are immaterial, and coming from a Statist, your objections ring hollow.
Your denials are immaterial, and coming from a Fascist, your objections ring hollow. :lol:
Yes,it's so very fascist of me to insist on the greatest amount of personal freedom for everyone consistent with civilized society.

Or...you're just a lunatic. Yes, that seems much more likely.
Exactly!!!! CON$ervoFascists always lie about insisting on personal freedom for EVERYONE.

CON$ only believe in personal freedom for THEMSELVES.

Your denials are immaterial, and coming from a Fascist, your objections ring hollow. :lol:
Yes,it's so very fascist of me to insist on the greatest amount of personal freedom for everyone consistent with civilized society.

Exactly!!!! CON$ervoFascists always lie about insisting on personal freedom for EVERYONE.

That's a rather silly statement.

Wanting personal freedom for ourselves is wanting personal freedom for everyone :cuckoo:

Wanting personal freedom for ourselves is wanting personal freedom for everyone :cuckoo:
That's a rather stupid statement.

Wanting personal freedom for yourselves is wanting personal freedom for yourselves.

Everyone isn't a CON$ervative, and CON$ don't want everyone to be personally free to marry, for example. To CON$ everyone is personally free to conform to CON$ervatism.

The difference between Republicans and Democrats is really quit simple.

This is how a city in China looks:

smog_beijing.jpe

Republicans call that "good business".

This is how a freeway in America looks:

freeway1.jpg

Republicans call that a "missed business opportunity".

This is a river in China:

_j_msnbc_Components_Photos_060623_060623_chinaRiver_hmed_4p.rp600x350.jpg

as is this one:

Chemical-water-pollution--006.jpg

Democrats call these filthy and dangerous.

This is a river in the United States:

sepulveda.jpg

Republicans call that an unused and wasted natural resource.

Do we all see the difference between what Republicans want and what Democrats want? It's just that simple.

smog_beijing.jpe

freeway1.jpg

as is this one:

sepulveda.jpg

Do we all see the difference between what Republicans want and what Democrats want? It's just that simple.
Yep. Republicans want China to be wealthy and successful, whereas Democrats want them to remain in abject poverty and starve. I get the message perfectly. If the Democrats had their way India and China would have remained in poverty, because thanks to all those shitty jobs being moved overseas and economic development (which you are condemning so much) they are finally making their way out of poverty. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

smog_beijing.jpe

freeway1.jpg

as is this one:

sepulveda.jpg

Yep. Republicans want China to be wealthy and successful, whereas Democrats want them to remain in abject poverty and starve. I get the message perfectly. If the Democrats had their way India and China would have remained in poverty, because thanks to all those shitty jobs being moved overseas and economic development (which you are condemning so much) they are finally making their way out of poverty. :cuckoo:

Well, it's nice to see where your loyalties lie. So you do like communism? Right? China is a communist country. You know that? Right?

smog_beijing.jpe

freeway1.jpg

as is this one:

sepulveda.jpg

Well, it's nice to see where your loyalties lie. So you do like communism? Right? China is a communist country. You know that? Right?
Wrong. State Capitalist, the government just happen to also be CEO's. :lol:

Wrong. State Capitalist, the government just happen to also be CEO's. :lol:

Oh, China is a capitalist state. I get it. The people there live in dorms and work for 51 cents an hour for 60 to 70 hours a week because they are "capitalists".

foxconn-safety-nets.jpg

foxconn-net-close-look.jpg

article-0-09DA1EAE000005DC-167_468x317.jpg

Having built safety nets along its employee dormitories after a series of jumping suicides at its Shenzhen production plant, Taiwanese electronics manufacturing giant Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., which uses the trade name Foxconn, is now installing the same sort of nets at some of its inland factories, state media reported Tuesday

According to the article in Xinhua’s International Herald Leader, safety nets have been put in place on almost all buildings as a way to stop workers from jumping off roofs at Foxconn’s mobile phone plant in the city of Langfang in Hebei province.

Foxconn Installs Antijumping Nets at Hebei Plants - China Real Time Report - WSJ

They are actually "jumping for joy"!

andreaAllisonJoyJumping.jpg

What a false dichotomy this is.

You realize that the rivers and lakes in the old Warsaw pact were often so polluted they are STILL cleaning up massive poison messes brought about by commie run industry? They didn't have to worry about clean air or water. The state ran it, and the state wasn't going to fuck around with silly little quality of life issues like acid rain and poisoned ground water. That's why the state used bigger filters!

Face it. All the innovations that keep America clean came from capitalists who tried to find the cheapest way to obey laws and still turn a profit. But that's never good enough. the noose keeps tightening... and finally choking off business. So they go to a nation with almost ZERO pollution laws and exempts anyone willing to write a big enough check to the state.

Hairnet fails again. New at... aw fuck it, nobody cares.

What a false dichotomy this is.

You realize that the rivers and lakes in the old Warsaw pact were often so polluted they are STILL cleaning up massive poison messes brought about by commie run industry? They didn't have to worry about clean air or water. The state ran it, and the state wasn't going to fuck around with silly little quality of life issues like acid rain and poisoned ground water. That's why the state used bigger filters!

Face it. All the innovations that keep America clean came from capitalists who tried to find the cheapest way to obey laws and still turn a profit. But that's never good enough. the noose keeps tightening... and finally choking off business. So they go to a nation with almost ZERO pollution laws and exempts anyone willing to write a big enough check to the state.

Hairnet fails again. New at... aw fuck it, nobody cares.
You realize they are still doing that in CAPITALIST Japan right, rising out of poverty and starvation comes hand in hand with rising industrial pollution and damage to the environment (but as technology improves in the future this might not have to be the case). Haven't learned from scam-in-haven have ya? Yeah, we will 'save the environment' by keeping the poor nations in poverty. :lol:

Last edited:
With industry comes wealth which can be used to solve pollution. I'm a conservationist. That means we take REASONABLE steps to keep the quality of the environment up to a certain rational standard balanced between use and abuse and fallow.

Poor countries don't have that luxury to consider environmental damage because they are still crawling away from subsistence. I don't know where you're coming from here, but it sure doesn't jibe with what I'm saying.

With industry comes wealth which can be used to solve pollution. I'm a conservationist. That means we take REASONABLE steps to keep the quality of the environment up to a certain rational standard balanced between use and abuse and fallow.

Poor countries don't have that luxury to consider environmental damage because they are still crawling away from subsistence. I don't know where you're coming from here, but it sure doesn't jibe with what I'm saying.
Industry is actually the lowest polluter of all of them, its been the unfair scapegoat of climate change campaigns, the real polluter is transportation (the cars, trucks, buses,etc) and power sources, not the industry.

Last edited:

There's a quote that I cannot recall exactly about a man who lived in Nazi Geremany who did nothing when they came for the Gypsies or the Jews or any of the groups that they "came for", so when they came for him, there was nobody left to stop them.

Diminishing the rights of any group is the entre to diminish the rights for us all. Rights is rights. Treat us all the same in our lives and before the law.

Splitting off this group or that for higher taxes, reduced rights or any special consideration is just wrong. Every special consideration for every segmented group is just the wedge that the powerful use to divide. Divide and conquer, or, in this case, subjegate.

It puts the citizen in the posture of hoping that the government will favor one's position or group. Favoritism of this type not only diminishes the individual citizen, it raises up the government from a servant to a master.

In my mind, the government is there to serve and protect all citizens. In the minds of some, the government is there to reward their friends and punish their enemies.

Into which group would most Liberals and into which group would most Conservatives fall?

smog_beijing.jpe

freeway1.jpg

as is this one:

sepulveda.jpg

Rdean, you are simply amazing in your lack of understanding of political theory. The Liberals in this country want to consolidate more and more money and power into the hands of the Federal Government and control everything from that central authority.

Most recently they have grabbed healthcare. They literally want to control the finger in my rectum. That sounds like intrusion into my personal affairs to me.

They want to take more of my money and therefore my future prosperity and therefore limit my decisions and freedom to choose. Wasn't choice something that Liberals claimed to like?

Why you can't see this this reveals much about you.

Anyway, China IS the result that you seek. They control their citizens, have the central authority and are what you hope we will become. When you present Chinese examples, you present your goals for this country.

Do you not see this?

Nice talking points, Code. Just repeat a set litany, no matter how far it is from reality. People like you fought the rest of us every step of the way in cleaning up our air and water. And you are still fighting us. But you don't say, "I want the right to pollute the air you breath, and the water that you drink for my profit". No, what you yap about is "intrusive government regulation".

As for the Health Care Bill, we have a little bit of what other nations have accomplished. Not nearly enough, however. In no other industrial nation do people go bankrupt because of medical bills. No other industrial nation pays as much as we do per capita, yet we do not cover all of our citizens. And our health care statistics, particularly those concerning children, are closer to third world countries than to other industrial nations. But you would rather defend the right of crooks like Rich Scott to make billions off of the illnesses of the citizens of this nation, than to create a health care system that serves all.

You, and those like you are nothing but shills and toadies for the people that would create an oligarchy in this nation.

I've long been of the opinion that we as a nation can have our cake and eat it too. In that, to dismiss industry because it may or may not cause environmental issues out of hand causes more problems that it does good. Rather than litigate and over regulate, how about working with industry to create common sense practical solutions that recognize that we can produce our own goods and also be good stewards of the environment. In my humble opinion, both sides of the issue are so firmly dug-in in their beliefs that they refuse to work together for the benefit of the entire nation. Just a few examples right off the top of my head would be, a recent solar array that would have brought power to several thousand homes in western Arizona and California has been stalled due to environmental litigation. One other one that comes to mind are the farmers put out of work in the central California, or a dam project stalled for several years to look for one wood pecker in Ak. Look at La. it has come to everyones attention that all of the ship channels for oil have basically caused the wetlands there to be destroyed causing flooding issues, and awhole host of other issues. Now had all these things been addressed with everyones goals in mind perhaps this nation would not be so indebted to China and we would not see " made in China" on just about every single item we purchase. Of course China pays no attention to their environment but what I find ironic here is the same "green technology" that we are demanding is not helping out economy as China is also fast becoming the world supplier of that technology also for the very same reasons, because we cannot work together to solve common problems.

Last edited:

If you have to lie to make your point, your point isn't worth making.

Forum List

Back