Boehner gives obama ultimatum on libya

You can chose to believe what you want.

I think Clinton was using Iraq as a whipping boy to distract from his issues domestically.

Didn't work.

And I also find it hard to believe that anyone with a brain would know that after several wars and withering sanctions, Iraq was basically a toothless and clawless tiger. All roar and not much else.

Does that mean the 29 Democrat Senators that voted to invade Iraq did not have a brain?

No.

They had an agenda.

It's called politics.

So the Democrats had a brain and decided to have an invasion of Iraq for political reasons. Did the PNAC have anything to do with the Democrats agenda?

Speaker Boehner doesn't have to shed a tear, or get a tan, or kiss obie wan's ass. All he has to do is defund the illegal activity in Libya. End of story. Suck on that you libtard warmongerers.

For once I agree with you!

Defund baby..Defund!!!!!:clap2:

The Dems still have control of the Senate and won't go against the community organizer.

They can vote to defund in the house...and filibuster in the senate.

I firmly believe they are well on their way to shut down government and not raise the debt ceiling.

Sure winners in 2012.

For Democrats.

Sad that in 2012 there's only a tiny fringe of us left that are anti-war in principle.

For once I agree with you!

Defund baby..Defund!!!!!:clap2:

The Dems still have control of the Senate and won't go against the community organizer.

They can vote to defund in the house...and filibuster in the senate.

I firmly believe they are well on their way to shut down government and not raise the debt ceiling.

Sure winners in 2012.

For Democrats.

The warmonger Obama will merely divert funding from somewhere else if that happens.

I believe the Republicans will cave and accept a token reduction in spending and then raise the debt ceiling and allow Obama to borrow and spend the US into bankruptcy.

Wow, even Bush-bots were not as pro war as the Obama-bots. Most Bush bots were "this sucks but support the troops," while that kind of thinking is wrong it's sadly better than "Fuck you guys, we better bomb and kill everyone and have your support or you're a bigot!"

A group of lawmakers plans to file a federal lawsuit Wednesday against the Obama administration, questioning the constitutional and legal justifications for military action in Libya, Fox News has confirmed.

The bipartisan group is being led by Reps. Dennis Kucinich, D-Ohio, and Walter Jones, R-N.C., and includes GOP presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul.

Kucinich and Jones will lead a news conference at the U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C., to outline the claims. But according to the complaint, a copy of which was obtained by Fox News, the group is seeking "injunctive and declaratory relief to protect the plaintiffs and the country from a stated policy of defendant Barack Obama, president of the United States, whereby a president may unilaterally go to war in Libya and other countries without the declaration of war from Congress required by Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the United States Constitution."

Read more: Lawmakers to File Suit Against Obama Administration Over Libya Operation - FoxNews.com

Or what? Beohner will cry again?

Man.

This is going to be good.

The right wing voting AGAINST funding a war.

It would be the first time in history that Congress has ever done that.

I can't agree with the reason..but heck..it's about fucking time.

Its an illegal war, unlike Iraq where the congress gave the president the authority, Obama used the war-powers act to circumvent the authority of congress and have a war with libya.

His ability to do so expires at the end of the week under the war powers act and Boener is trying to do what any good liberal would want, end a war or force congressional approval.

Whereas the President has authority under the Constitution to take action in order to deter and prevent acts of international terrorism against the United States, as Congress recognized in the joint resolution on Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107-40) ; and

Whereas it is in the national security interests of the United States to restore international peace and security to the Persian Gulf region: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
This joint resolution may be cited as the "Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002"

SEC. 2. SUPPORT FOR UNITED STATES DIPLOMATIC EFFORTS.
The Congress of the United States supports the efforts by the President to--
strictly enforce through the United Nations Security Council all relevant Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq and encourages him in those efforts; and
obtain prompt and decisive action by the Security Council to ensure that Iraq abandons its strategy of delay, evasion and noncompliance and promptly and strictly complies with all relevant Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq .

SEC. 3. AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OF UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES.
(a) AUTHORIZATION- The President is authorized to use the Armed Forces of the United States as he determines to be necessary and appropriate in order to--
defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq ; and
enforce all relevant United Nations Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq .

(b) PRESIDENTIAL DETERMINATION- In connection with the exercise of the authority granted in subsection (a) to use force the President shall, prior to such exercise or as soon thereafter as may be feasible, but no later than 48 hours after exercising such authority, make available to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the President pro tempore of the Senate his determination that--
reliance by the United States on further diplomatic or other peaceful means alone either (A) will not adequately protect the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq or (B) is not likely to lead to enforcement of all relevant United Nations Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq ; and
acting pursuant to this joint resolution is consistent with the United States and other countries continuing to take the necessary actions against international terrorist and terrorist organizations, including those nations, organizations, or persons who planned, authorized, committed or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001.

There was no threat posed by Iraq to the worlds remaining super power. The UNSC 1441 was ongoing and in force when the President decided to launch the invasion. Iraq was not party to the 9-11 attacks. By renigging on SCR 1441 President Bush did not have justification to use the war powers granted him by Congress. They all should have resigned because they disgraced our nation.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back