Boehner gives obama ultimatum on libya

Ya gotta love it.... the leftist chicken hawks now love targeted assassinations, but hate water boarding and go gaga over missile strikes against foreign powers.

Or what? Beohner will cry again?

Man.

This is going to be good.

The right wing voting AGAINST funding a war.

It would be the first time in history that Congress has ever done that.

I can't agree with the reason..but heck..it's about fucking time.

Its an illegal war, unlike Iraq where the congress gave the president the authority, Obama used the war-powers act to circumvent the authority of congress and have a war with libya.

His ability to do so expires at the end of the week under the war powers act and Boener is trying to do what any good liberal would want, end a war or force congressional approval.

Last edited:

We are killing Lybians to keep them from killing Lybians.

What's funny about making widows and orphans?

???? same thing in Iraq, we were killing Iraqis that were killing Iraqis...making widows and orphans..... :(

though I am certain there is more to this Libya situation that does affect the usa foreign policy that all of us are not privileged to......

nothing is funny about making orphans and widows....i think it's time to let others handle their problems with Libya without us....

Ya gotta love it.... the leftist chicken hawks now love targeted assassinations, but hate water boarding and go gaga over missile strikes against foreign powers.

the "leftists" are chicken hawks now?

if the "leftists" (not that there's any such thing except in rightwingnut fevered imagination) were, we'd have invaded and occupied....

you know, like in iraq. :thup:

What's funny is the Blatant hypocrisy being exhibited by the Partisan hacks rushing in to defend the Messiah from being questioned on his actions
Gettin' a lil' nostalgic, huh?​

so a limited operation as part of NATO is the same as lying about WMD's and invading and occupying a foreign country?

i know you're not that bright, but even you can't believe that.​

Man.

Its an illegal war, unlike Iraq where the congress gave the president the authority, Obama used the war-powers act to circumvent the authority of congress and have a war with libya.

His ability to do so expires at the end of the week under the war powers act and Boener is trying to do what any good liberal would want, end a war or force congressional approval.

And I really..really hope he does it. This would be the culmination of what looks to be the most Radical right wing movement in congress. They've already got a record number of filibusters..in fact it's become BAU to have to have 60 votes in the Senate to get anything passed.

This will be an historic stunner. And absolutely great political fodder on why not to elect any Republican.

???? same thing in Iraq, we were killing Iraqis that were killing Iraqis...making widows and orphans..... :(

though I am certain there is more to this Libya situation that does affect the usa foreign policy that all of us are not privileged to......

nothing is funny about making orphans and widows....i think it's time to let others handle their problems with Libya without us....

Correct, Libya is an oil rich country like Iraq and we'll never know how exactly we're profitting off raping them of their resources.

US involvement in Libya 2011 and beyond=US involvement in Afghanistan 1979-1985

And we all know how that worked out.

if the "leftists" (not that there's any such thing except in rightwingnut fevered imagination) were, we'd have invaded and occupied....

Yeah as long as there's no troops on the ground it's perfectly ok to blow up a country killing innocent people with countless numbers of cruise missiles.

For Iraq we moved in on false information. But yes, killing Iraqis to keep them from killing Iraqis was a later excuse.

What secret info could be used to justify this? And why are you certain?

We are decades past due, letting people kill each other for whatever reason they want to kill.

Man.

Its an illegal war, unlike Iraq where the congress gave the president the authority......
.....After he LIED to them....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPJCPcYCupY]YouTube - ‪WMD LIES - Bush Cheney Rumsfeld - THE ULTIMATE CLIP (Edited)‬‏[/ame]​

Man.

And I really..really hope he does it. This would be the culmination of what looks to be the most Radical right wing movement in congress. They've already got a record number of filibusters..in fact it's become BAU to have to have 60 votes in the Senate to get anything passed.

This will be an historic stunner. And absolutely great political fodder on why not to elect any Republican.

Would you explain that again please. b/c it sounded like you're saying that if the GOP enforces the law, it should be held against them.

Yep, they sure are. And yes there are leftist whackaloons... take a gander in the mirror honey. You are one.

Correct, Libya is an oil rich country like Iraq and we'll never know how exactly we're profitting off raping them of their resources.

US involvement in Libya 2011 and beyond=US involvement in Afghanistan 1979-1985

And we all know how that worked out.

I have personal interest in seeing Gaddafi gone. So my opinion that Obam isn't doing enough to assist getting rid of Gaddafi might be biased.

Yeah as long as there's no troops on the ground it's perfectly ok to blow up a country killing innocent people with countless numbers of cruise missiles.
:eusa_shhh:

It's defferent when we aren't using bullets. It's much more humane when you can't see that you blew a child to bits than see a stray bullett blow a kids head off. :eusa_shhh:

Ol' Saggy must have gotten that from.....

handjob.gif

With Iraq..it was go it alone with nations that were bribed or had some self-interest to conquer Iraq. Which is what happened. Iraq was invaded and conquered.

With Libya..the UN voted to do this, Russia and China included, NATO is in the lead, the Arab League gave the go ahead..and there are no boots on the ground. And this is completely in the interest of the United States. Gaddafi is a bad actor. He's ordered terrorist attacks that killed Americans and has been up to all sorts of mischief in the middle east which includes trying to assassinate Arab heads of state.

I seriously hope Boehner follows through on this.:eusa_pray:

It's the icing on the cake in terms of who is better suited to take the lead on national security in this country.:lol:

Would you explain that again please. b/c it sounded like you're saying that if the GOP enforces the law, it should be held against them.

Explain what again?

Congress has never denied a President a war. Ever.

Man.

Congress never declared War on Iraq.

Forum List

Back