Boehner gives obama ultimatum on libya

What's funny is the Blatant hypocrisy being exhibited by the Partisan hacks rushing in to defend the Messiah from being questioned on his actions
Gettin' a lil' nostalgic, huh?​

so a limited operation as part of NATO is the same as lying about WMD's and invading and occupying a foreign country?

i know you're not that bright, but even you can't believe that.​

I am still pissed about all the lying about WMD's in Iraq. All of these lying bastards should be prosecuted, don't you agree?

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002​

Following a rule, nothing more or less. I would think Obama will do the right thing and submit his request to Congress. Probably get the approval too.

The hackery seems to be from those who would like to give Obama unlimited power.

We are killing Lybians to keep them from killing Lybians.

What's funny about making widows and orphans?

???? same thing in Iraq, we were killing Iraqis that were killing Iraqis...making widows and orphans..... :(

though I am certain there is more to this Libya situation that does affect the usa foreign policy that all of us are not privileged to......

nothing is funny about making orphans and widows....i think it's time to let others handle their problems with Libya without us....

With Iraq..it was go it alone with nations that were bribed or had some self-interest to conquer Iraq. Which is what happened. Iraq was invaded and conquered.

With Libya..the UN voted to do this, Russia and China included, NATO is in the lead, the Arab League gave the go ahead..and there are no boots on the ground. And this is completely in the interest of the United States. Gaddafi is a bad actor. He's ordered terrorist attacks that killed Americans and has been up to all sorts of mischief in the middle east which includes trying to assassinate Arab heads of state.

I seriously hope Boehner follows through on this.:eusa_pray:

It's the icing on the cake in terms of who is better suited to take the lead on national security in this country.:lol:

The Constitution says Boehner is correct. And the people are starting to like this Texan with a message for Donald Trump and Barack Hussein Obama: Governor Rick Perry saying, "You're Hired!!!"

National Security and high employment rates are just naturals together. :eusa_angel:

:woohoo:

Gettin' a lil' nostalgic, huh?​

so a limited operation as part of NATO is the same as lying about WMD's and invading and occupying a foreign country?

i know you're not that bright, but even you can't believe that.​

I am still pissed about all the lying about WMD's in Iraq. All of these lying bastards should be prosecuted, don't you agree?

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002​

And you must still be pissed that Clinton ordered troops into Iraq and toppled the Iraqi government..right?

Oh wait..that didn't happen under Clinton..although the PNAC begged and pleaded him to do just that.

It happened under George W. Bush..who POPULATED his cabinet with PNAC lunatics.​

We are killing Lybians to keep them from killing Lybians.

What's funny about making widows and orphans?

???? same thing in Iraq, we were killing Iraqis that were killing Iraqis...making widows and orphans..... :(

though I am certain there is more to this Libya situation that does affect the usa foreign policy that all of us are not privileged to......

nothing is funny about making orphans and widows....i think it's time to let others handle their problems with Libya without us....

For Iraq we moved in on false information. But yes, killing Iraqis to keep them from killing Iraqis was a later excuse.

What secret info could be used to justify this? And why are you certain?

We are decades past due, letting people kill each other for whatever reason they want to kill.

Because we are in a very tight squeeze with money, Obama does not need this war, he already has the afghan war and Bin Laden was caught.....

there has to be more behind the scenes than we are privy to, helping an ally, more than likely, that would be affected by what is going on in Libya....

My mother, an Italian, grew up for a good portion of her childhood, in Tripoli, Libya.....my father was stationed there in the USAF when he met her brother who worked on base, which lead to meeting her and marrying her....my grandparents stayed there, they owned 3 Italian restaurants and a furniture store and a car dealership....eventually my grandparents were able to emigrate here and become USA citizens.....but all of my other italian relatives living there, were kicked out by Gaddafi in the late 60's or early 70's....they all lost all of their businesses and livelihood and could only leave with what they could carry in their hands, and i believe that Gaddafi also kicked the Americans out too and the AFB in Tripoli was forced to shut down....

.this was 40 years ago!

there has always been involvement with the USA and Libya,...regarding foreign policy...

so, i see reason to believe, the here and now, are no different.

With Iraq..it was go it alone with nations that were bribed or had some self-interest to conquer Iraq. Which is what happened. Iraq was invaded and conquered.

With Libya..the UN voted to do this, Russia and China included, NATO is in the lead, the Arab League gave the go ahead..and there are no boots on the ground. And this is completely in the interest of the United States. Gaddafi is a bad actor. He's ordered terrorist attacks that killed Americans and has been up to all sorts of mischief in the middle east which includes trying to assassinate Arab heads of state.

I seriously hope Boehner follows through on this.:eusa_pray:

It's the icing on the cake in terms of who is better suited to take the lead on national security in this country.:lol:

The Constitution says Boehner is correct. And the people are starting to like this Texan with a message for Donald Trump and Barack Hussein Obama: Governor Rick Perry saying, "You're Hired!!!"

National Security and high employment rates are just naturals together. :eusa_angel:

:woohoo:

Which war after WWII has followed the Ps and Qs of the Constitution??:lol:

Don't get me wrong..I really do hope Boehner goes all the way with this for more reasons then it assures Republican defeat in 2012.

It absolutely takes the wind out of the sails of the right wing war machine that says it's "unpatriotic" not to fully support the President in times of war.

And it would make Democrats more inclined to vote against ever doing something like Iraq again. Definitely a win-win. :clap2:

Correct, Libya is an oil rich country like Iraq and we'll never know how exactly we're profitting off raping them of their resources.

US involvement in Libya 2011 and beyond=US involvement in Afghanistan 1979-1985

And we all know how that worked out.

I have personal interest in seeing Gaddafi gone. So my opinion that Obam isn't doing enough to assist getting rid of Gaddafi might be biased.

Gaddafi could be gone with a marine sneaking up from behind at night and putting him in a choke hold.

Tens if not hundreds of billions of dollars worth of cruise missiles, murdering innocent people, supporting rebels who torture/kidnap/burn people alive/drag people behind cars, and giving billions to commanders who admit their soldiers are Al-Qaeda isn't necessary.

the "leftists" are chicken hawks now?

if the "leftists" (not that there's any such thing except in rightwingnut fevered imagination) were, we'd have invaded and occupied....

you know, like in iraq. :thup:

Yeah as long as there's no troops on the ground it's perfectly ok to blow up a country killing innocent people with countless numbers of cruise missiles.
:eusa_shhh:

It's defferent when we aren't using bullets. It's much more humane when you can't see that you blew a child to bits than see a stray bullett blow a kids head off. :eusa_shhh:

Yeah, I have total faith in the capability of a cruise missile to use its morals in determining who to kill.

i know you're not that bright, but even you can't believe that.

-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

And you must still be pissed that Clinton ordered troops into Iraq and toppled the Iraqi government..right?

Oh wait..that didn't happen under Clinton..although the PNAC begged and pleaded him to do just that.

It happened under George W. Bush..who POPULATED his cabinet with PNAC lunatics.

If Bush lied, so did all of the Democrats was my point. It obviously sailed over your pointy little head.

Do you have a link to the PNAC begging and pleading with Clinton to invade Iraq?

Clinton did launch cruise missiles into downtown Baghdad but didn't have the balls to follow up with an invasion. Clinton, just like Bush, either believed the intelligence that Saddam Hussein had WMD's or he lied. I choose to believe that, although totally out of character, Clinton didn't lie. You apparently choose to believe they, and all of the other Democrats I listed were liars as well.

Last edited:

-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

Clinton DID send cruise missiles into Iraq, but didn't have the balls to follow up with troops. Either he believed what he said, or he was LYING. I choose to believe that Clinton, just like Bush, believed the intelligence community when they indicated that Saddam Hussein had WMD's.

You can chose to believe what you want.

I think Clinton was using Iraq as a whipping boy to distract from his issues domestically.

Didn't work.

And I also find it hard to believe that anyone with a brain would know that after several wars and withering sanctions, Iraq was basically a toothless and clawless tiger. All roar and not much else.

Man.

This is going to be good.

The right wing voting AGAINST funding a war.

It would be the first time in history that Congress has ever done that.

I can't agree with the reason..but heck..it's about fucking time.

Its an illegal war, unlike Iraq where the congress gave the president the authority, Obama used the war-powers act to circumvent the authority of congress and have a war with libya.

His ability to do so expires at the end of the week under the war powers act and Boener is trying to do what any good liberal would want, end a war or force congressional approval.

Congress never declared War on Iraq.

As a country we have had 5 actual declatarions of war. The rest have been approved actions.

For his non war war on a sovereign Nation that is absolutely no threat to our Nation.

Who next on the list to be attacked? Yeman already is Syria seems likely seems obama is doing his best to completely in flame the ME against the US

Boehner gives Obama Friday deadline on Libya - Washington Times

'BOEHNER gives Obama an ultimatum, do what I want or I'll cry! Yes, the Speaker of the House promised a nuclear response if he didn't get his way - tears and a sniffle or two.
House followers were preparing signs "Fear the Tears" as they prepared to line-up to support the Boehner's flood.

The only wringle in the affair occurred when Eric Cantor elbowed his way to the front and was slapped by Paul Ryan during the jockey for position to be seen by the cameras. Cantor later reported to the media, when questioned re Ryan's violent attack, that the slap was a good-natured pat of solidarity and that he only sought medical treatment because he has the best and least expensive medical care in the world and the bruise was on his best side.

Cantor added that he was thankful for his government paid health insurance and that he did not have Obamacare, for having to pay for the doctor, specialist, x-ray and MRI would have cut deeply into his income, and as he was injured in the line of duty was pleased his time of for medical care was not counted as taxable income.

It is a check and balance Constitutional issue hacks. This can be an impeachable offense. Let's not go there and just follow the rules?

For his non war war on a sovereign Nation that is absolutely no threat to our Nation.

Who next on the list to be attacked? Yeman already is Syria seems likely seems obama is doing his best to completely in flame the ME against the US

Guess you and the rest of the craptacular right wing fucking forgot about Lockerbie.

But then again..you guys enable terrorism.

GW accepted blood money from the fucker.

Regan already addressed that one. Too bad England went soft on him.

Speaker Boehner doesn't have to shed a tear, or get a tan, or kiss obie wan's ass. All he has to do is defund the illegal activity in Libya. End of story. Suck on that you libtard warmongerers.

Speaker Boehner doesn't have to shed a tear, or get a tan, or kiss obie wan's ass. All he has to do is defund the illegal activity in Libya. End of story. Suck on that you libtard warmongerers.

We just need to stay the hell out of Libya. Only more problems will come from this.

Clinton DID send cruise missiles into Iraq, but didn't have the balls to follow up with troops. Either he believed what he said, or he was LYING. I choose to believe that Clinton, just like Bush, believed the intelligence community when they indicated that Saddam Hussein had WMD's.

I think Clinton was using Iraq as a whipping boy to distract from his issues domestically.

Didn't work.

And I also find it hard to believe that anyone with a brain would know that after several wars and withering sanctions, Iraq was basically a toothless and clawless tiger. All roar and not much else.

Does that mean the 29 Democrat Senators that voted to invade Iraq did not have a brain?

Didn't work.

Does that mean the 29 Democrat Senators that voted to invade Iraq did not have a brain?

No.

They had an agenda.

It's called politics.

'BOEHNER gives Obama an ultimatum, do what I want or I'll cry! Yes, the Speaker of the House promised a nuclear response if he didn't get his way - tears and a sniffle or two.
House followers were preparing signs "Fear the Tears" as they prepared to line-up to support the Boehner's flood.

The only wringle in the affair occurred when Eric Cantor elbowed his way to the front and was slapped by Paul Ryan during the jockey for position to be seen by the cameras. Cantor later reported to the media, when questioned re Ryan's violent attack, that the slap was a good-natured pat of solidarity and that he only sought medical treatment because he has the best and least expensive medical care in the world and the bruise was on his best side.

Cantor added that he was thankful for his government paid health insurance and that he did not have Obamacare, for having to pay for the doctor, specialist, x-ray and MRI would have cut deeply into his income, and as he was injured in the line of duty was pleased his time of for medical care was not counted as taxable income.

Cute rant, but here are the facts.

Generally, as a Federal employee, you share the cost of your health benefits premium with the Government. Please check our Premiums page for more information . You can also find premiums in your health plan brochure and the Guide to Federal Benefits. In addition to the health plan's premium, you may have to pay deductibles, copayments, or coinsurance.

The FEHB Handbook has additional information on how the Government's share is calculated. For most employees, the Government contribution equals the lesser of:

a) 72 percent of the overall weighted average; or

b) 75 percent of the total premium for the plan you select.

The amount you pay is the balance. That is, the difference between the total premium and the government contribution for your health plan. If you are enrolled in a health plan that has premiums above the average, the premium balance for you to pay will be higher

About.com: http://www.opm.gov/insure/

Forum List

Back