Boebert mocked for Constitution tweet

they are additions,, not changes to what already exist,,
That's not always the case. There are plenty of changes.

The 12th Amendment expressly changed the way Presidents were elected. The 17th did likewise for Senators. The three-fifths clause in Article 1 Section 2 was expressly changed by Section 2 of the 14th Amendment. And the 21st Amendment repealed the 18th entirely.

1791!!!!

Isn't it pathetic the way these Libtards hate freedom of speech, freedom of religion and the right to keep and bear arms? Those things are toxic to their filthy ass Leftest agenda.

There was another amendment about no slavery but these Leftest turds don't have any problem with making you work and then giving the money you earned to somebody else. That is slavery. Slavery to the state.
So, you think you are a wage slave? :heehee:

A republic is a type of democracy.
/------/ In a pure democracy, laws are made directly by the voting majority leaving the rights of the minority largely unprotected.
In a republic, laws are made by representatives chosen by the people and must comply with a constitution that specifically protects the rights of the minority from the will of the majority.

/------/ In a pure democracy, laws are made directly by the voting majority leaving the rights of the minority largely unprotected.
In a republic, laws are made by representatives chosen by the people and must comply with a constitution that specifically protects the rights of the minority from the will of the majority.
thats why the left calls us a democracy and is afraid to mention the constitution,, it is to gaslight the uneducated into believing in mob rule,,,

Yes, correct. So correct in fact, that you just repeated what I just said.

A democracy is a type of government in which the power to make change lies in the hands of the people (demos = people). It is in contrast to other types such as an autocracy (one person) or a theocracy (the church).

There are several types of democracy. A pure (or direct, or Athenian) democracy is one in which all eligible voters get together to vote for every law; obviously, as bodecea said, that would be way beyond impractical for a nation of 250 million or so adults.

Another type is a representative democracy, in which voters (rather than driving to Washington DC every day) elect representatives to send to reflect our region's wishes, which we do. In the modern sense, a republic is a representative democracy in which — as you said — the representatives are bound by a constitution, or something like it. A republic is therefore a type of democracy.

It all seems pretty wonky and nitpicky, except that the "We're not a democracy!" call is popular among bad actors who want to undermine our democratic principles. This is all 10th grade or so US Government class material so it shouldn't be anything new, but those bad actors like to confuse terminology to get away with whittling away at our system.

So yeah, you're right. Our laws are "made by representatives chosen by the people." That is literally the definition of a representative democracy.

"By the people."

A democracy is a type of government in which the power to make change lies in the hands of the people (demos = people). It is in contrast to other types such as an autocracy (one person) or a theocracy (the church).

There are several types of democracy. A pure (or direct, or Athenian) democracy is one in which all eligible voters get together to vote for every law; obviously, as bodecea said, that would be way beyond impractical for a nation of 250 million or so adults.

Another type is a representative democracy, in which voters (rather than driving to Washington DC every day) elect representatives to send to reflect our region's wishes, which we do. In the modern sense, a republic is a representative democracy in which — as you said — the representatives are bound by a constitution, or something like it. A republic is therefore a type of democracy.

It all seems pretty wonky and nitpicky, except that the "We're not a democracy!" call is popular among bad actors who want to undermine our democratic principles. This is all 10th grade or so US Government class material so it shouldn't be anything new, but those bad actors like to confuse terminology to get away with whittling away at our system.

So yeah, you're right. Our laws are "made by representatives chosen by the people." That is literally the definition of a representative democracy.

"By the people."
we are a constitutional republic,,

why is that so hard for you to understand??

"By the people."
/——-/ We are a Republic, plain and simple according to the Constitution Article IV, Section 4:

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

Last edited:
we are a constitutional republic,,

why is that so hard for you to understand??
Yes, I know. That's exactly what I've been saying.

And, a republic is a type of democracy. I'm refuting when Cellblock said "The Constitution has nothing to do with democracy." It does.

It's like
"I don't drive a car. I drive a Corvette."
"I'm not listening to music. This is jazz."
"What I'm eating has nothing to do with being a fruit. I'm eating an apple."

This isn't just my opinion, and it's not even really something worth debating. This is just definition. I don't get why it's so hard for you to understand.

And, a republic is a type of democracy. I'm refuting when Cellblock said "The Constitution has nothing to do with democracy." It does.

It's like

This isn't just my opinion, and it's not even really something worth debating. This is just definition. I don't get why it's so hard for you to understand.
/----/ For my education, please point out the word democracy in the Constitution. You can hit ctrl F to open a search window. For the life of me, I can't find it. Thanks in advance.
1697290612477.png

Last edited:

It's like

so when you lied and said we are a representative democracy you didnt really say that??

if you were honest and specific you wouldnt say what you did,,

/----/ For my education, please point out the word democracy in the Constitution. You can hit ctrl F to open a search window. For the life of me, I can't find it. Thanks in advance.
View attachment 842804

Yes, I am aware of that argument, but it doesn't conclude anything. The word isn’t in there, but that doesn’t mean the concepts aren’t being followed.

If your assertion is true, than shouldn't "constitutional republic" be in there? Because it isn't. Neither is "federal republic" or "popular sovereignty." Come to think of, use of your Ctrl-F function will also show you that “self-determination”, “state’s rights”, “civil rights”, “civil liberties”, “right to privacy”, "natural rights", “inalienable rights”, or “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" are all notably absent. That doesn’t mean we don’t have them all, or that they didn’t intend them to be followed.

This is my last post on the subject, because if you haven't gotten it by now, I can't help you, but the point is this: a republic is a kind of representative democracy. If you've been through American schools, you should have learned that years ago, because it is Political Science 101.

Yes, I am aware of that argument, but it doesn't conclude anything. The word isn’t in there, but that doesn’t mean the concepts aren’t being followed.

If your assertion is true, than shouldn't "constitutional republic" be in there? Because it isn't. Neither is "federal republic" or "popular sovereignty." Come to think of, use of your Ctrl-F function will also show you that “self-determination”, “state’s rights”, “civil rights”, “civil liberties”, “right to privacy”, "natural rights", “inalienable rights”, or “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" are all notably absent. That doesn’t mean we don’t have them all, or that they didn’t intend them to be followed.

This is my last post on the subject, because if you haven't gotten it by now, I can't help you, but the point is this: a republic is a kind of representative democracy. If you've been through American schools, you should have learned that years ago, because it is Political Science 101.
the word republic is in the constitution and yet you act like its not,,

why not just be honest??

its best you run away with BS like you just posted,,

/——/ Yet Republican Form of Government IS in there. I never mentioned those other descriptions so I don’t know why you even mentioned them.
Article IV, Section 4: The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence. U.S. Const. art.

Forum List

Back