Body of Missing Maryland Girl Found Near State Border

Nevadamedic

Jul 13, 2007
Diagon Alley
SALISBURY, Md. — The body of a Maryland girl who authorities say was abducted by a registered sex offender was found Friday after thousands of volunteers fanned out to look for her.

Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis said that the body of 11-year-old Sarah H. Foxwell was discovered at about 4 p.m. near the Delaware state line. He offered few other details. Thomas J. Leggs Jr., 30, has been charged in her kidnapping.

Leggs is a former boyfriend of the girl's aunt, who is her legal guardian. A public defender representing him has not returned a phone call.

Thousands of volunteers gathered in Salisbury to help in the search Friday.

Lewis said Sarah was last seen Tuesday night at her home on Maryland's Eastern Shore. A relative discovered she was missing early Wednesday while checking on Sarah and her 6-year-old sister. A charging document says Leggs was the last person seen with Sarah.

A "juvenile witness" awoke during the night Tuesday and saw Sarah leave the bedroom with "Tommy," and said he was wearing blue jeans, an orange jacket and white sneakers, the charging document says.

The statement of probable cause also says Sarah's aunt, Amy Fothergill, with whom Sarah lives, noticed that Sarah's green toothbrush was missing from the home. Deputies found a green toothbrush and a lollipop in a truck Leggs admitted driving. Leggs said he had been wearing jeans and white sneakers the previous night — the same clothes he was wearing when police questioned him.

The sheriff said Leggs has been uncooperative and "of no assistance to our investigators."

Leggs is listed on the Maryland and Delaware sex offender registries. The Maryland listing notes that he is a child sex offender, but does not give details about his conviction.

Lewis said Leggs has been convicted of sex offense in Wicomico County and was charged Oct. 29 with fourth-degree burglary.

In 2001, Leggs was convicted in Delaware of rape for having sex with a victim who was 16 or 17, according to the Delaware registry. The registry describes his risk level as "high" and notes he is unemployed.

Leggs, who has been convicted of assault several times, also is awaiting trial on charges of burglary and destruction of property in Ocean City.

Full Story..................
Body of Missing Maryland Girl Found Near State Border - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

A tragic end to a tragic story. How the fuck was this guy out on the street after committing SEVERAL sexual assaults and was a "high" risk? How do these guys keep getting out to reoffend.

I hope they put the needle in this guys arm(which is to humane for a piece of shit like this, thank you very much you ACLU bastards).

Oh, jeez! I was hoping (admittedly against reason) that she was still alive.

Dammit. Dammit all to hell.

I take the abduction, molestation and murder of little girls by pedophiles seriously (see link in my sig line--it will come down when Lori's killer is *finally* executed).

Oh, fucking dammit. Another family like Lori's who get to suffer the holidays in pain for the rest of their days on earth.

Dammit. :evil:

A tragic end to a tragic story. How the fuck was this guy out on the street after committing SEVERAL sexual assaults and was a "high" risk? How do these guys keep getting out to reoffend.

I hope they put the needle in this guys arm(which is to humane for a piece of shit like this, thank you very much you ACLU bastards).

It seems you already know how he was on the street: "ACLU bastards."

We simply cannot count on the state protecting us from these predators. We need to maintain a certain vigilance, (and even, perhaps, a certain vigilanteism?). In addition to this guy rotting in hell, I hope every adult male in Sarah H. Foxwell's family has a tough time getting to sleep the rest of their lives.

It was the responsibility of her father to protect her. He is either dead, or should be.

It seems you already know how he was on the street: "ACLU bastards."

We simply cannot count on the state protecting us from these predators. We need to maintain a certain vigilance, (and even, perhaps, a certain vigilanteism?). In addition to this guy rotting in hell, I hope every adult male in Sarah H. Foxwell's family has a tough time getting to sleep the rest of their lives.

It was the responsibility of her father to protect her. He is either dead, or should be.

Thank's for making my night worse. Some really bad things happened to my daughter, not this bad but pretty damn close. I have always felt that it was my fault because I wasn't there all the time to protect her, so you just answered it for me. :(

More tragedy, but highly predictable. The guy needs a single bullet to the head. Use a .22 short in the right spot to save money. The people who enabled this guy to commit this horrendous crime need to be brought to justice.

More tragedy, but highly predictable. The guy needs a single bullet to the head. Use a .22 short in the right spot to save money. The people who enabled this guy to commit this horrendous crime need to be brought to justice.

That's to quick and painless. Douchebags like this need to suffer long and hard before death.

His risk level was "high" and he had at least two convictions. The aunt had to have known his history. SHE should be charged with something. Why do people have children they do not want or cannot properly care for?

Oh and wasn't it the MD ACLU that fought for pedophile's rights to serve Halloween candy? Somewhere in the Constitution it must say that that Halloween is a religious holiday or some crap.

That's to quick and painless. Douchebags like this need to suffer long and hard before death.

Yea, let's behave like savages. That will achieve much for society. :eusa_eh:

I agree with xs, trial, verdict, execution - without the hysterics.

Oh, jeez! I was hoping (admittedly against reason) that she was still alive.

Dammit. Dammit all to hell.

I take the abduction, molestation and murder of little girls by pedophiles seriously (see link in my sig line--it will come down when Lori's killer is *finally* executed).

Oh, fucking dammit. Another family like Lori's who get to suffer the holidays in pain for the rest of their days on earth.

Dammit. :evil:

Yea, the rest of us see no problem with the abduction, molestation and murder of little girls seriously at all. You're a beacon of decency for the rest of humanity to emulate.

*Ponders why it's just little girls who get this special status.*

*Sarcasm off*

He won't be executed. My crystal ball is pretty clear on that.

I suspect not.... but he should be. There is no need for the faux outrage though... no one needs to spout about how they take this seriously... I'm quietly confident that most Americans take this sort of thing seriously. It's the 'let's torture him first' brigade that annoy me also... No need for it.

I suspect not.... but he should be. There is no need for the faux outrage though... no one needs to spout about how they take this seriously... I'm quietly confident that most Americans take this sort of thing seriously. It's the 'let's torture him first' brigade that annoy me also... No need for it.

Actually since medical help does little to stop pedophiles perhaps horrific treatment will curb some of their more outrageous actions. If they KNOW they will be tortured and probably killed for their actions and that it is certain not a remote maybe, perhaps some of them will find the inner control to NOT act.

I am past tired of the bleeding hearts that claim deterrence does not work. Our Legal system deterrence does not work because it is so watered down and so long to even remotely go into effect that there is no deterrence at all.

Protect their basic legal rights to a fair trial but stop the insanity of treating them like children when found guilty.

How the heck do you determine what's painless? Suffering Endless torment sounds pretty darn painful to me.

Actually since medical help does little to stop pedophiles perhaps horrific treatment will curb some of their more outrageous actions. If they KNOW they will be tortured and probably killed for their actions and that it is certain not a remote maybe, perhaps some of them will find the inner control to NOT act.

I am past tired of the bleeding hearts that claim deterrence does not work. Our Legal system deterrence does not work because it is so watered down and so long to even remotely go into effect that there is no deterrence at all.

Protect their basic legal rights to a fair trial but stop the insanity of treating them like children when found guilty.

Nothing deters these people. All that kind of behavior does is damage society. Let's not kid outselves that it would be anything other than revenge. I am all for the Death Penalty - not as a deterent but as a just punishment for certain depraved individuals who cannot change their behavior. But I see them as animals to be put down, not tortured for some sick vengence.

I am certainly not a bleeding heart. I am just not a believer in lowering society to the behavior of vigilantes.

Forum List

Back