Just for CB and 52

&

☭proletarian☭

Kwanzaa5.gif

Glad I could find a fitting dedication for them. :)

☭proletarian☭;1842353 said:

A fake holiday designed for racist reasons. Suits them fine.

Can you IMAGINE what the story would be if some white Guy created a special holiday just for whites?

I'm going to my mom in laws for Kwanzaa breakfast tomorrow morning, we go every year, and the whole family comes form everywhere to be together. There were seven kids, all had families, who had families of their own. Several generations in one house, laughing, catching up, and enjoying each other. We are a strong, closely knit, racially, ethnically, and religiously diverse family. To see us together, we look like a gathering from the UN, and to look at the little ones, there's no mistaking the family resemblance. There is nothing racist about the celebration.

☭proletarian☭;1842353 said:

Can you IMAGINE what the story would be if some white Guy created a special holiday just for whites?

I'm going to my mom in laws for Kwanzaa breakfast tomorrow morning, we go every year, and the whole family comes form everywhere to be together. There were seven kids, all had families, who had families of their own. Several generations in one house, laughing, catching up, and enjoying each other. We are a strong, closely knit, racially, ethnically, and religiously diverse family. To see us together, we look like a gathering from the UN, and to look at the little ones, there's no mistaking the family resemblance. There is nothing racist about the celebration.

Yes there is. It is a Holiday CREATED by a black person for BLACK PEOPLE. Once again, if a white man had done the exact same thing not only would you agree it was racist you would be demanding his head on a platter. I do not give a rat's ass WHY or WHO celebrates it now, its creation was racist.

Yes there is. It is a Holiday CREATED by a black person for BLACK PEOPLE. Once again, if a white man had done the exact same thing not only would you agree it was racist you would be demanding his head on a platter. I do not give a rat's ass WHY or WHO celebrates it now, its creation was racist.

A slight survey:

Kwanzaa - History.com - African American Holiday of Family and Culture

Italian Festivals

American Polish Cultural Center

American Irish Historical Society

☭proletarian☭;1842446 said:
[Kwanzaa is a non-religious African American holiday
So you agree with RGS?

Now, where's no holiday spirit?

You just misquoted a link, and attributed the quote to me.
"So you agree with"

is you putting additional words in my mouth. I suggest you stop that dishonest shit.

Kwanzaa is a non-religious African American Cultural holiday. How is that different from the Italian Fests, St. Patrick's day, Columbus day, or any other cultural celebration?

St. Patrick's day is not a racial holiday. Nor is Columbus day, which celebrates exploration and the expansion of human knowledge.

Kwanzaa was specifically created as a racial celebration.

☭proletarian☭;1842468 said:
St. Patrick's day is not a racial holiday. Nor is Columbus day, which celebrates exploration and the expansion of human knowledge.

Kwanzaa was specifically created as a racial celebration.

They are racially or ethnically composed cultural celebrations. If you're going to try to contrive a controversy you should at least be intellectually honest about the terms. You're dismissed. :eusa_hand:

:lol:

Because a nation originates if a foreign nation and is therefore associated with the culture which celebrated it does not make it a racial or ethnic celebration, you twit. If that were the case, then July 4th would be a racial holiday because it was/is celebrated in a predominantly white holiday and still has traces of the culture in which is was first celebrated.

If you're going to try to contrive a controversy you should at least be intellectually honest about the terms.

Everyone else (save RGS) is trying to enjoy the holidays. You're dismissed. :eusa_hand:

☭proletarian☭;1842477 said:
:lol:

Because a nation originates if a foreign nation and is therefore associated with the culture which celebrated it does not make it a racial or ethnic celebration, you twit. If that were the case, then July 4th would be a racial holiday because it was/is celebrated in a predominantly white holiday and still has traces of the culture in which is was first celebrated.

If you're going to try to contrive a controversy you should at least be intellectually honest about the terms.

Everyone else (save RGS) is trying to enjoy the holidays. You're dismissed. :eusa_hand:

Try to keep up, dipshit.
eth⋅nic
  /ˈɛθnɪk/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [eth-nik] Show IPA
Use ethnic in a Sentence
See web results for ethnic
See images of ethnic
–adjective
1. pertaining to or characteristic of a people, esp. a group (ethnic group) sharing a common and distinctive culture, religion, language, or the like.
2. referring to the origin, classification, characteristics, etc., of such groups.
3. being a member of an ethnic group, esp. of a group that is a minority within a larger society: ethnic Chinese in San Francisco.
4. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of members of such a group.
5. belonging to or deriving from the cultural, racial, religious, or linguistic traditions of a people or country: ethnic dances.
6. Obsolete. pagan; heathen.
–noun
7. a member of an ethnic group.

Ethnic Definition | Definition of Ethnic at Dictionary.com

I am enjoying the holiday, you're simply trying to stir shit. Be sure to lick the spoon.

Hey, I wished two posters a happy holiday. You're just trying to stir a racial conflict in a holiday thread.

☭proletarian☭;1842506 said:
Hey, I wished two posters a happy holiday. You're just trying to stir a racial conflict in a holiday thread.

I responded to a post that considered the celebration of culture presented by the OP as a racist celebration. I responded with a post about the diversity present in my family's celebration of that day. He put forth the proposition that such a celebration, if enjoyed by white people, would be frowned upon (or worse). I responded by naming three established examples of predominantly white cultural or ethnic celebrations. You proceeded to be a piss ass. But hey, whatever makes your Christmas special. :eusa_whistle:

New Topics

Forum List

Back