Bobby Jindal: I’m Holding Firm Against Gay Marriage

I love Bobby Jindal

He has the courage to stand up and show that the Republican Party is still stuck in the 1950s

Actually, I think that the Republican Party of the 1950's was considerably more moderate than the current Republican Party.

A society that says anything-goes, is a society on the way to destruction. Gay marriage is but a symptom of a much greater problem. We are losing our moral compass and we will destroy this country in the process.

Encouraging MORE marriage is immoral?

encouraging and sanctioning perversion is immoral.

So in your world homosexuality in any context would be a crime?

Actually, I think that the Republican Party of the 1950's was considerably more moderate than the current Republican Party.

A society that says anything-goes, is a society on the way to destruction. Gay marriage is but a symptom of a much greater problem. We are losing our moral compass and we will destroy this country in the process.

Issuing marriage licenses has nothing to do with 'perversion'. Whether or not the married couple- straight or gay- engages in sexual acts that you consider to be perverted- is none of your business- and again- has nothing to do with the marriage license.

that is your opinion. I disagree, as do many other human beings.

Thats what you fools don't understand------------we don't all have to accept your definition of normal. We are allowed to hold other views.

Your are one intolerant bastard.

And that is your opinion. I disagree, as do many other human beings.

Thats what you fools don't understand- we don't all have to accept your definition of normal. We are allowed to hold other views.

You are one intolerant bastard.

You can believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. However, you can't deny equal protection under the law to gay citizens under the US constitution. The Supreme Court has deemed the right to marry a fundamental right, you can't deny that right unless there is a compelling government interest. States have failed to even produce a legitimate one, so how can they even met that extremely high standard?

they already have EQUAL protections under the LAW. You can spin it anyway you want it still wont give you the results you PREFER

marrying SOMEONE isn't a right

Marriage is absolutely a right.

What the Supreme Court will be deciding this year is whether that right applies to same gender couples.

I love Bobby Jindal

He has the courage to stand up and show that the Republican Party is still stuck in the 1950s

Really? See- I see 'gay marriage' as a sign of progress from those who want the state to control what they consider to be 'morality'

Look at how we have progressed
Women got the right to vote
Americans got the right to legally use contraception.
Sex outside of marriage is no longer a crime punishable by the state.
Government was told that they couldn't ban mixed race couples from marrying.
Government was told to stay out of bedrooms when laws against sodomy were declared unconstitutional.

You consider all of those 'losing our moral compass'- I consider them all progress.

again, your opinion. We disagree.

When polygamy and parent/child marriage becomes legal will you consider that progress as well?

Of course we disagree.

I support your right to attempt to change the law so you can have a polygamous marriage or so that you can marry your mother or daughter.

Though frankly I don't see either happening.

It is great to see sound leadership again. It's becoming something that appears will soon be lost to Western Civilization... .

"BATON ROUGE, La. — THE debate over religious liberty in America presents conservatives and business leaders with a crucial choice.

In Indiana and Arkansas, large corporations recently joined left-wing activists to bully elected officials into backing away from strong protections for religious liberty. It was disappointing to see conservative leaders so hastily retreat on legislation that would simply allow for an individual or business to claim a right to free exercise of religion in a court of law.

Our country was founded on the principle of religious liberty, enshrined in the Bill of Rights. Why shouldn’t an individual or business have the right to cite, in a court proceeding, religious liberty as a reason for not participating in a same-sex marriage ceremony that violates a sincerely held religious belief?

That is what Indiana and Arkansas sought to do. That political leaders in both states quickly cowered amid the shrieks of big business and the radical left should alarm us all.

As the fight for religious liberty moves to Louisiana, I have a clear message for any corporation that contemplates bullying our state: Save your breath.

Photo
23jindalWEB-master315.jpg

Gov. Bobby Jindal, front, with his family during a prayer at the opening session of the Louisiana State Legislature in April. CreditPool photo by Gerald Herbert
In 2010, Louisiana adopted a Religious Freedom Restoration Act, which prohibits government from unduly burdening a person’s exercise of religion. However, given the changing positions of politicians, judges and the public in favor of same-sex marriage, along with the potential for discrimination against Christian individuals and businesses that comes with these shifts, I plan in this legislative session to fight for passage of the Marriage and Conscience Act.

The legislation would prohibit the state from denying a person, company or nonprofit group a license, accreditation, employment or contract — or taking other “adverse action” — based on the person or entity’s religious views on the institution of marriage.

Some corporations have already contacted me and asked me to oppose this law. I am certain that other companies, under pressure from radical liberals, will do the same. They are free to voice their opinions, but they will not deter me. As a nation we would not compel a priest, minister or rabbi to violate his conscience and perform a same-sex wedding ceremony. But a great many Americans who are not members of the clergy feel just as called to live their faith through their businesses. That’s why we should ensure that musicians, caterers, photographers and others should be immune from government coercion on deeply held religious convictions.

The bill does not, as opponents assert, create a right to discriminate against, or generally refuse service to, gay men or lesbians. The bill does not change anything as it relates to the law in terms of discrimination suits between private parties. It merely makes our constitutional freedom so well defined that no judge can miss it.

I hold the view that has been the consensus in our country for over two centuries: that marriage is between one man and one woman. Polls indicate that the American consensus is changing — but like many other believers, I will not change my faith-driven view on this matter, even if it becomes a minority opinion."

Continue reading the main storyContinue

If we can't own slaves and beat them at will, are any of us TRULY free to practice our religion as we so choose?

I love Bobby Jindal

I consider fundamentalist Christianity a perversion of logic and humanity, but it doesn't matter how I fell. You don't make laws about two consenting adults who love each other and who want to marry

Why do they want to "marry". What does the word 'marriage' change for them? Does that somehow make them normal biologically? Does it magically force society to accept perversion as normal?

Why can't they just do their thing and STFU about calling their hook up a marriage.

BTW, gay marriage is an oxymoron.

I love Bobby Jindal

Really? See- I see 'gay marriage' as a sign of progress from those who want the state to control what they consider to be 'morality'

Look at how we have progressed
Women got the right to vote
Americans got the right to legally use contraception.
Sex outside of marriage is no longer a crime punishable by the state.
Government was told that they couldn't ban mixed race couples from marrying.
Government was told to stay out of bedrooms when laws against sodomy were declared unconstitutional.

You consider all of those 'losing our moral compass'- I consider them all progress.

again, your opinion. We disagree.

When polygamy and parent/child marriage becomes legal will you consider that progress as well?

Of course we disagree.

I support your right to attempt to change the law so you can have a polygamous marriage or so that you can marry your mother or daughter.

Though frankly I don't see either happening.

I don't want polygamy and parent/child marriage. The only point I am trying to get thru your thick skull is that those who do will use the exact same arguments you are making for gay marriage, and they will use the gay marriage rulings as legal precedent---------------------and they will win. The slippery slope to societal decline is real and we are watching as our society begins to slide down into the muck.

I love Bobby Jindal

of course not. mental unbalance is not a crime. If it was, all liberals would be in jail.

Jindal stated his beliefs on a very sensitive issue. That took guts. Whether it helps or hurts him politically is yet to be seen. But you have to admire a politician who is not afraid to say what he believes.

of course not. mental unbalance is not a crime. If it was, all liberals would be in jail.

Next you'll be telling us that masturbation is mentally unbalanced because your hand is not a vagina and can't get pregnant.

Next you'll be telling us that masturbation is mentally unbalanced because your hand is not a vagina and can't get pregnant.

nice try, but your stupidity is showing. unless you are talking about mutual masterbation, there is only one person involved whether male or female.

liberalism is a mental illness, so is homosexuality, so is transgender. You don't think Bruce Jenner is mentally normal do you?

Jindal stated his beliefs on a very sensitive issue. That took guts. Whether it helps or hurts him politically is yet to be seen. But you have to admire a politician who is not afraid to say what he believes.

You must adore Hitler then.

you equate a murdering, lying, hater with someone who is willing to state his opinions openly????

Did you miss your meds this morning?

I consider fundamentalist Christianity a perversion of logic and humanity, but it doesn't matter how I fell. You don't make laws about two consenting adults who love each other and who want to marry

Why do they want to "marry". What does the word 'marriage' change for them? Does that somehow make them normal biologically? Does it magically force society to accept perversion as normal?

Why can't they just do their thing and STFU about calling their hook up a marriage.

The desperation is palatable in the anti gay crowd. SCOTUS hears the case on Tuesday...it's over.

You must adore Hitler then.

you equate a murdering, lying, hater with someone who is willing to state his opinions openly????

Did you miss your meds this morning?

You professed an admiration for someone who says what they believe, without regard to WHAT that person is saying.

So, yes, Hitler fits that description precisely.

nice try, but your stupidity is showing. unless you are talking about mutual masterbation, there is only one person involved whether male or female.

liberalism is a mental illness, so is homosexuality, so is transgender. You don't think Bruce Jenner is mentally normal do you?

Oh so it's mutual masturbation that is the act of the mentally unbalanced...

...okay...

It is great to see sound leadership again. It's becoming something that appears will soon be lost to Western Civilization... .

"BATON ROUGE, La. — THE debate over religious liberty in America presents conservatives and business leaders with a crucial choice.

In Indiana and Arkansas, large corporations recently joined left-wing activists to bully elected officials into backing away from strong protections for religious liberty. It was disappointing to see conservative leaders so hastily retreat on legislation that would simply allow for an individual or business to claim a right to free exercise of religion in a court of law.

Our country was founded on the principle of religious liberty, enshrined in the Bill of Rights. Why shouldn’t an individual or business have the right to cite, in a court proceeding, religious liberty as a reason for not participating in a same-sex marriage ceremony that violates a sincerely held religious belief?

That is what Indiana and Arkansas sought to do. That political leaders in both states quickly cowered amid the shrieks of big business and the radical left should alarm us all.

As the fight for religious liberty moves to Louisiana, I have a clear message for any corporation that contemplates bullying our state: Save your breath.

Photo
23jindalWEB-master315.jpg

Gov. Bobby Jindal, front, with his family during a prayer at the opening session of the Louisiana State Legislature in April. CreditPool photo by Gerald Herbert
In 2010, Louisiana adopted a Religious Freedom Restoration Act, which prohibits government from unduly burdening a person’s exercise of religion. However, given the changing positions of politicians, judges and the public in favor of same-sex marriage, along with the potential for discrimination against Christian individuals and businesses that comes with these shifts, I plan in this legislative session to fight for passage of the Marriage and Conscience Act.

The legislation would prohibit the state from denying a person, company or nonprofit group a license, accreditation, employment or contract — or taking other “adverse action” — based on the person or entity’s religious views on the institution of marriage.

Some corporations have already contacted me and asked me to oppose this law. I am certain that other companies, under pressure from radical liberals, will do the same. They are free to voice their opinions, but they will not deter me. As a nation we would not compel a priest, minister or rabbi to violate his conscience and perform a same-sex wedding ceremony. But a great many Americans who are not members of the clergy feel just as called to live their faith through their businesses. That’s why we should ensure that musicians, caterers, photographers and others should be immune from government coercion on deeply held religious convictions.

The bill does not, as opponents assert, create a right to discriminate against, or generally refuse service to, gay men or lesbians. The bill does not change anything as it relates to the law in terms of discrimination suits between private parties. It merely makes our constitutional freedom so well defined that no judge can miss it.

I hold the view that has been the consensus in our country for over two centuries: that marriage is between one man and one woman. Polls indicate that the American consensus is changing — but like many other believers, I will not change my faith-driven view on this matter, even if it becomes a minority opinion."

Continue reading the main storyContinue

While I disagree with him in the strongest terms, compared to those who come out (heh) against things only to flip flop later responding to polls or tactics, I have great respect for people who stick to their original position. Wouldn't spit on him if he was on fire or anything, but compared to many he's better.

The desperation is palatable in the anti gay crowd. SCOTUS hears the case on Tuesday...it's over.

I hope you're right.

JusticeThomasMarriage_zpsb84848a1.jpg

LOVE your sig lines and its very true that If you're an American Christian who discriminates,you suck at being Christian and an American.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back