Bob Menendez trial ends in mistrial after jury deadlocks

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Bob Menendez trial ends in mistrial after deadlock - CNNPolitics

"The federal corruption trial of New Jersey Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez ended in a mistrial Thursday after the jury reported it is hopelessly deadlocked.
Judge William Walls declared the mistrial after interviewing all 12 jurors Thursday.
"I find that you are unable to reach a verdict and that further deliberations would be futile and there is no alternative but to declare a mistrial," he said.

The mistrial is a blow to the Justice Department, which has been investigating Menendez for nearly five years, but leaves the senator without the clear vindication he had hoped for in court.
Prosecutors did not immediately announce whether they will refile charges against Menendez, but any delay at this point helps Democrats who want to hold onto his Senate seat and virtually eliminates any realistic possibility that Republican Gov. Chris Christie -- who leaves office on January 16, 2018 -- could select the senator's replacement if he resigned or was removed from the Senate."

The new Dem governor can encourage Menendez to resign on January 17, 2018.

This whole thing was put into action by Obama. When Menendez spoke negatively about Obama's treatment of Israel and Bibi Obama paid him back with a DOJ investigation.

This whole thing was put into action by Obama. When Menendez spoke negatively about Obama's treatment of Israel and Bibi Obama paid him back with a DOJ investigation.
Maybe so, but Menendez is a crook like most politicians.

The disease of liberalism has infected the entire Northeast and rendered justice meaningless.

Maybe so, but Menendez is a crook like most politicians
I agree, I was just bringing people up to date and highlighting just how disgusting Obama is, to attack his own side out of vengeance...

Forum List

Back