Bob Barr At CPAC: 'How Would You Like To Be Waterboarded?'

Now why didn't they set up a "water-boarding booth" at CPAC. Then Republicans could take that ride themselves to "prove" to the American public, once and for all, that water-boarding is not torture.

I think they missed a real opportunity.

I agree. Super Great Idea.

They can put it right next to the booth where you get your head cut off and a few feet from the booth where they pull your fingernails and toenails off. And Oh Yeah. The booth where they hook your genitals up to a battery oughtta be a real blast also.

I'd take waterboarding any day. I would have a Dr right beside me.

Can't say the same for the other booths though.

Last edited:
Bob Barr At CPAC: 'How Would You Like To Be Waterboarded?'
"There is nothing magical about a military tribunal," Barr said, as boos from the audience began cascading around him. "They don't have, necessarily, better lawyers than in a civilian sector. I think I have a lot more faith in our U.S. attorneys who are non political, than my colleagues on the other side of this debate do. We can try them. We should try them. That is precisely... what our law provides for. And if next time we are faced with a situation we say: 'Oh, you know, we want to have them go to the military. Let them torture them for a while. It's not enhanced interrogation techniques. Waterboarding is torture. How would you like to be waterboarded? Try that!"

Needless to say, Barr was alone with his sentiments. Following him on the dais was Viet Dinh, a professor at Georgetown University Law Center and one of the authors of the USA Patriot Act.

Thoughts?

Bob Barr is a faggot. That's my thoughts.:cool:

So...you are focused on his sexual orientation, not his politics.

OK.

A better question would have been "do terrorist mass murderers deserve to be waterboarded"?

Actually I think the better question is if you know waterboarding a terrorist will stop a major terrorist attack within the US and save thousands of american civilian lives would you think it's appropriate in this case?

That is exactly what happened.

When has that happened?

Who said you can bomb the rest of the world into loving us?

However, if a state government helps terrorists that bomb us, I think a 2,000 pound bomb on their palace can do a world of good.

And when that bomb inevitably kills innocent civilians you give their friends, family, and fellow countrymen a reason to want to attack the U.S.

So you would rather buy them an ice cream sundae?

Sometimes pacifists just make me want to scream.

Let's see.

Option #1. Bomb them.

Option #2. Give them an ice cream sundae.

I'm sorry, there are no other options. None. Nada. We're all out.

:lol::lol::lol:

It is foolish to presume that islamic extremists are the only enemy we will ever face. Who would have thought, 40 years ago, when the Shah of Iran was firmly in power and our major ally, that we would EVER think of Iran as an enemy? Our enemies of the future are not known to us.

What IS known is that whatever we do to prisoners in our custody TODAY, we are tacitly giving the go ahead for those enemies of tomorrow to use those exact techniques on American soldiers captured on future battlefields.

Someone being all for waterboarding is synonymous with telling any and all future enemies that you would not think there was anything inappropriate about them waterboarding your grandson or granddaughter in any future conflict.

It is foolish to presume that islamic extremists are the only enemy we will ever face. Who would have thought, 40 years ago, when the Shah of Iran was firmly in power and our major ally, that we would EVER think of Iran as an enemy? Our enemies of the future are not known to us.

What IS known is that whatever we do to prisoners in our custody TODAY, we are tacitly giving the go ahead for those enemies of tomorrow to use those exact techniques on American soldiers captured on future battlefields.

Someone being all for waterboarding is synonymous with telling any and all future enemies that you would not think there was anything inappropriate about them waterboarding your grandson or granddaughter in any future conflict.

My Grand Daughter leaves for Afghanistan in a few more months. If she should end up as a captive, I would much prefer that she be waterboarded than beheaded.

And when that bomb inevitably kills innocent civilians you give their friends, family, and fellow countrymen a reason to want to attack the U.S.

Certainly not. I'd support bringing those who committed the act of terrorism to justice, and then putting a stop to our foreign interventionism which creates terrorists. But dropping bombs on innocent civilians doesn't strike me as a good policy for rooting out terrorists.

No problem. We will just get arrest warrants and get the local police to pick up the terrorists in Afghanistan, Iraq, Yemen, and Pakistan. :cuckoo:

I said Reagan wasn't an isolationist, and he wasn't a non-interventionist either.

As for being "psycho" when it comes to international affairs, I would say thinking you can bomb the rest of the world into loving us is more psycho than believing minding our own business is a better policy.

However, if a state government helps terrorists that bomb us, I think a 2,000 pound bomb on their palace can do a world of good.

And the responsibility is that of the government that helped the terrorists attack america.

We either let terrorists and their state sponsors attack and kill americans without response, which promotes a lot more of it

or we respond.

My Grand Daughter leaves for Afghanistan in a few more months. If she should end up as a captive, I would much prefer that she be waterboarded than beheaded.

that was never the question. I am sure you would rather she have bamboo shoots inserted under her fingernails rather than be beheaded as well. I am sure you would rather she have her fingers cut off one joint at a time rather than be beheaded. I am sure you would rather she have electrodes attached to her private parts and repeatedly shocked rather than be beheaded. what a surprise.

So.... am I to understand that you are telling the taliban in Afghanistan that, if they capture your granddaughter, you really could care less if she is treated humanely or not, as long as she is not beheaded? You are telling them to waterboard her for months on end in order to extract every bit of intelligence they can from her and that you are just fine with that?

Why not be a real man and write THAT in a letter to your granddaughter.... show her how much her grandpa REALLY cares about her?

Last edited:
A better question would have been "do terrorist mass murderers deserve to be waterboarded"?

Actually I think the better question is if you know waterboarding a terrorist will stop a major terrorist attack within the US and save thousands of american civilian lives would you think it's appropriate in this case?

That is exactly what happened.

When has that happened?

Pages 8-11

http://luxmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o10/clients/aclu/olc_05302005_bradbury.pdf

Certainly not. I'd support bringing those who committed the act of terrorism to justice, and then putting a stop to our foreign interventionism which creates terrorists. But dropping bombs on innocent civilians doesn't strike me as a good policy for rooting out terrorists.

Yea, right. Our foreign interventionism is what creates terrorists. Are you saying there would be no terrorist if it wasn't for the awful United States?

why do they attack us?

Irrelevant.

American foreign policy doesn't need to have terrorist approval.

Also the waterboarding of the 3 arch terrorists was milder than the one done on some of our CIA people during their training.

http://luxmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o10/clients/aclu/olc_05302005_bradbury.pdf

Page 8 paragraph 3 (the formatting is messed up a bit)

Medical and psychological professionals from the CIA's Office ofMedIcal Services
("OMS") carefully evaluate detaInees before any enhanced technique is authorized in order to
ensure that the detainee "is not likely to suffer any severe physical or menti;1 pain Of suffering as
a result of interrogation
." Techniques at 4; see OMSGuidelines on Medical and Psychological
Support to Detainee Rendition, Interrogation and Detention at 9 (Dec. 2004) (HOMS
Guideline.f'). In addition, OMS officials continuously rnonitorthe detainee's c·ondition
throughout any interrogation using enhanced techniques, and the interrogation team will stop the
use ofparticular techniques or the interrogation altogether lithe detainee's medical or
psychological condition indicates that the detainee might suffer signWcant physical or mental
harm. See Techniques at 5-6. OMS has, in fact, prohibited the use ofcertain techniques in the
interrogations of certain detainees: .See id.at 5. Thus, no technique is used in tbtlinterrogation
detainee----no matter how valuable the information the CIA believes the detainee has~if
medic·a! andpsychologica!evall.lations or oIigoing monitoring suggest thafthG detainee is
to suffer serious bann. Careful records are kept bfeach interrogation, which ensures
accountability and allows for ongoing evaluation of the efficacy of each technique and its
potential for any unintended or inappropriate results

No problem. We will just get arrest warrants and get the local police to pick up the terrorists in Afghanistan, Iraq, Yemen, and Pakistan. :cuckoo:

You forget that Afghanistan offered to turn over Osama bin-Laden so long as we could provide proof that he was responsible for 9/11. We declined, opting instead for invasion and regime change.

And the responsibility is that of the government that helped the terrorists attack america.

We either let terrorists and their state sponsors attack and kill americans without response, which promotes a lot more of it

or we respond.

And what countries helped any terrorists attack us?

You forget that Afghanistan offered to turn over Osama bin-Laden so long as we could provide proof that he was responsible for 9/11. We declined, opting instead for invasion and regime change.

Complete left wing drivel and revisionism. They offered to talk about turning him over at the eleventh hour. Given their history it was clearly a move to stall for time. They had no intention of turning him over.
This is why Libertarians will never make inroads with real conservatives.

Yea, right. Our foreign interventionism is what creates terrorists. Are you saying there would be no terrorist if it wasn't for the awful United States?

why do they attack us?

Irrelevant.

American foreign policy doesn't need to have terrorist approval.

Of course we shouldn't base our foreign policy on what another country or a terrorist organization demands, we should base our foreign policy on our own Constitution and what is right. And it's not constitutional nor right for us to have troops in over 130 countries or be engaged in wars with countries that haven't done a thing to us. The fact that our policies also make people hate us enough to want to kill us simply adds to those facts.

Complete left wing drivel and revisionism. They offered to talk about turning him over at the eleventh hour. Given their history it was clearly a move to stall for time. They had no intention of turning him over.
This is why Libertarians will never make inroads with real conservatives.

No, libertarians will never make inroads with "real" conservatives because libertarians are actually interested in limiting the power of the government.

that was never the question. I am sure you would rather she have bamboo shoots inserted under her fingernails rather than be beheaded as well. I am sure you would rather she have her fingers cut off one joint at a time rather than be beheaded. I am sure you would rather she have electrodes attached to her private parts and repeatedly shocked rather than be beheaded. what a surprise.

So.... am I to understand that you are telling the taliban in Afghanistan that, if they capture your granddaughter, you really could care less if she is treated humanely or not, as long as she is not beheaded? You are telling them to waterboard her for months on end in order to extract every bit of intelligence they can from her and that you are just fine with that?

Why not be a real man and write THAT in a letter to your granddaughter.... show her how much her grandpa REALLY cares about her?

You are a fucking idiot. You want to take things to extremes? Then I would rather put a bullet in her head than most of these tortures you suggest. But that wasn't the question was it. The question was waterboarding. Something that our own special forces go through as a matter of routine training.

You cannot attack my manhood, because you haven't a clue what kind of man I am or what I may or may not be capable of.

Forum List

Back