Bob Barr At CPAC: 'How Would You Like To Be Waterboarded?'

Hey, maybe Barr should ask Sean Hannity that question. BTW, WHERE IS he by the way? How long has it been since he made that waterboarding promise?! A year, almost? Someone help me out here?

Libertarians are liberterians.

They are off the right path because they are also isolationists. Conservatives aren't.

Non-interventionists, not isolationists. And actually, conservatives have a proud history of non-interventionism.

Nope. Liberterians are isolationist.

Ronald Reagan was not a liberterian and thus not an isolationists.

I'm not even sure what a "Liberterian" is, and I'm pretty sure you're spelling it that way purposefully so I'm going to have to ask you to enlighten me.

Now libertarians are not isolationist. Being a libertarian I think I have some level of authority on this matter and I do not, nor any other libertarian that I am aware of, advocate for the United States completely withdrawing into itself with no contact or trade of any sort.

The word you're looking for is non-interventionism, which means we do not support the U.S. getting involved in everybody else's problems.

Ronald Reagan was not a libertarian and not an isolationist. He was a conservative, an interventionist, and had respect for libertarianism. Go figure.

Didnt Bob Barr have a negligent discharge at an NRA dinner? Someone who can't handle firearms safely has no business giving advice.

Non-interventionists, not isolationists. And actually, conservatives have a proud history of non-interventionism.

I'm not even sure what a "Liberterian" is, and I'm pretty sure you're spelling it that way purposefully so I'm going to have to ask you to enlighten me.

Now libertarians are not isolationist. Being a libertarian I think I have some level of authority on this matter and I do not, nor any other libertarian that I am aware of, advocate for the United States completely withdrawing into itself with no contact or trade of any sort.

The word you're looking for is non-interventionism, which means we do not support the U.S. getting involved in everybody else's problems.

Ronald Reagan was not a libertarian and not an isolationist. He was a conservative, an interventionist, and had respect for libertarianism. Go figure.

Ronald Reagan was not an isolationist. He believed that we are affected by the world around us.

Al Qaida may strike us in the US, but we still have to go with them, whereever they are.

We are part of a global world. We either realize that or we will pay the price. We either go to where our enemies are or they will come to us.

I will say that libertarians are not psycho when it comes to economic affairs. They are psycho when it comes to international affairs.

A better question would have been "do terrorist mass murderers deserve to be waterboarded"?

Actually I think the better question is if you know waterboarding a terrorist will stop a major terrorist attack within the US and save thousands of american civilian lives would you think it's appropriate in this case?

That is exactly what happened.

A better question would have been "do terrorist mass murderers deserve to be waterboarded"?

Actually I think the better question is if you know waterboarding a terrorist will stop a major terrorist attack within the US and save thousands of american civilian lives would you think it's appropriate in this case?

That is exactly what happened.

Sure it is

Ronald Reagan was not an isolationist. He believed that we are affected by the world around us.

Al Qaida may strike us in the US, but we still have to go with them, whereever they are.

We are part of a global world. We either realize that or we will pay the price. We either go to where our enemies are or they will come to us.

I will say that libertarians are not psycho when it comes to economic affairs. They are psycho when it comes to international affairs.

I said Reagan wasn't an isolationist, and he wasn't a non-interventionist either.

As for being "psycho" when it comes to international affairs, I would say thinking you can bomb the rest of the world into loving us is more psycho than believing minding our own business is a better policy.

I said Reagan wasn't an isolationist, and he wasn't a non-interventionist either.

As for being "psycho" when it comes to international affairs, I would say thinking you can bomb the rest of the world into loving us is more psycho than believing minding our own business is a better policy.

Who said you can bomb the rest of the world into loving us?

However, if a state government helps terrorists that bomb us, I think a 2,000 pound bomb on their palace can do a world of good.

However, if a state government helps terrorists that bomb us, I think a 2,000 pound bomb on their palace can do a world of good.

And when that bomb inevitably kills innocent civilians you give their friends, family, and fellow countrymen a reason to want to attack the U.S.

And when that bomb inevitably kills innocent civilians you give their friends, family, and fellow countrymen a reason to want to attack the U.S.

So you would rather buy them an ice cream sundae?

Sometimes pacifists just make me want to scream.

Why waste time with waterboarding, a .22 short to the knee should get some info, especially when they know that when the info is found to be incorrect the other knee will be taking a .45.

Certainly not. I'd support bringing those who committed the act of terrorism to justice, and then putting a stop to our foreign interventionism which creates terrorists. But dropping bombs on innocent civilians doesn't strike me as a good policy for rooting out terrorists.

Certainly not. I'd support bringing those who committed the act of terrorism to justice, and then putting a stop to our foreign interventionism which creates terrorists. But dropping bombs on innocent civilians doesn't strike me as a good policy for rooting out terrorists.

Yea, right. Our foreign interventionism is what creates terrorists. Are you saying there would be no terrorist if it wasn't for the awful United States?

Yea, right. Our foreign interventionism is what creates terrorists. Are you saying there would be no terrorist if it wasn't for the awful United States?

I'm saying there wouldn't be as many terrorists if we practiced a foreign policy of non-interventionism.

why do they attack us?

why do they attack us?

the other theory is that Western culture blasphemes islam.

Forum List

Back