Bob Barr At CPAC: 'How Would You Like To Be Waterboarded?'

We're the United States, we're supposed to be better than the terrorists. Would getting assaulted be better than getting murdered? Yes. But it's still a crime.

Unfortunately, we cannot say that anymore. :(

Speak for yourself.

Myself? I would never do it. I would never obey an order to do it, because I know that would be an illegal order. And if authorities wished to prosecute me for refusing to do it, so be it.

Yes, I DO speak for myself. I'm not a sheeple....like you appear to be.

Nice try at spin, minutemaid.

Fact is, they're going to torture and then KILL in any way they damn well please. It doesn't matter what we do.

We aren't torturing so, your point is as moot as Barr's.

Fact is, they're going to torture and then KILL in any way they damn well please. It doesn't matter what we do.

So, why besmirch our good name then? A good reputation as a great country is hard to achieve, easy to throw away by evil people in charge.

Speak for yourself.
What else do you expect from that moonbat?

The courage of my convictions. The courage to know the difference between right and wrong. The courage to be willing to "say no" to Americans torturing others.

A courage you lack, quite obviously. A courage you wish to malign.
You're a fucking moonbat, that's why you get maligned.

Have you figured out how to start that plane yet, MOONBAT?

Yeah, that's what I thought!

Actually Sudan offered to arrest and extradite OBL to the US, and Clinton turned it down- twice.

because we had no knowledge of any crimes committed by OBL against the US at the time of those offers.

Similarly, Washington DC police would have had no justification to arrest and incarcerate John Wilkes Booth on April 14th, 1865, even if the state of Virginia had offered to turn HIM over.

That's untrue. OBL was an un indicted co coinspirator in the first WTC bomb attack.

Imagine if Clinton didn't refuse? Would 911 have happened?

bin Laden was not named in any indictment prior to his departure from the sudan

and your opinions about waterboarding remain just that. quit trying to pawn them off as fact. As a matter of fact, I would suggest that, according to the constitution, waterboarding is against the supreme law of the land.

And you refuse to acknowledge the fact that we WILL have enemies in the future that are NOT islamic extremists.

So, why besmirch our good name then? A good reputation as a great country is hard to achieve, easy to throw away by evil people in charge.
We haven't tortured. We've made scumbags feel a lil' uncomfortable, and it saved lives.

So therefore, it's only loony liberals such as yourself who are besmirching this great country. You should be ashamed of yourself.

What's the hap's with Bush being tried for war crimes BTW?

Oh yeah, that's right, it ain't happenin'. You moonbats lost, and rightfully so. Never mind!

LMAO!

If Al Queda captures any Americans they wil torture them. Really torture them.

It won't be waterboarding. It will be real torture. Anyone who doesn't realize this is living in la la land.

There will be no doctor on site.

There will be no one there to say, "Hey. Enough".

Nope anyone they capture will be in for one hard time.

I think in one of the Al Queda manuals that we captured there is a whole section on how the Americans will treat you well. I think most would take waterboarding over the alternatives that they themselves offer.

How many did we waterboard???? Three?? I'm sure they have beheaded many more.

It won't be waterboarding. It will be real torture. Anyone who doesn't realize this is living in la la land.

I think in one of the Al Queda manuals that we captured there is a whole section on how the Americans will treat you well. I think most would take waterboarding over the alternatives that they themselves offer.

So, your answer is...."At least we aren't quite as bad as the Terrorists"?

Sorry, that's not something I want as our new National Motto.

I am sure you realize that that statement is your opinion, not fact, and that it is not shared by many intelligent folks.

I am also sure you realize that whatever we do to prisoners under our control, we invite any and all future enemies to do to our soldiers.
If waterboarding is all our enemy wants to do, so be it. Unfortunately, what they choose to do is far beyond torture.

Fact is, our enemy doesn't care what we do. They have their own way of doing things. And i'm quite sure you know WHAT THEY DO!

so... you are, in fact, giving any and every future enemy of the united states your blessing and permission to waterboard our troops captured on any future battlefield? how kind.

Now i know you are nuts. It does not matter one iota how we treat a terrorist prisoner, they will continue to chop off arms legs and heads. Or do you not know that this is the condition we have found some of our troops in? I remember one where they never did find his limbs or head. And you keep making excuses to be against our using waterboarding on three people. Yes 3 people and you want to compare that to every American soldier. Piss off Commander.

Al qaeda doesn't send them home, nor do they offer trial.

Nope, it's extreme torture, and then off with the head, live on the web, for all people and families to see.

Now i know you are nuts. It does not matter one iota how we treat a terrorist prisoner, they will continue to chop off arms legs and heads. Or do you not know that this is the condition we have found some of our troops in? I remember one where they never did find his limbs or head. And you keep making excuses to be against our using waterboarding on three people. Yes 3 people and you want to compare that to every American soldier. Piss off Commander.

again... for the intellectually impaired... let me repeat. You would have to be a fucking IDIOT to think that Islamic extremists will be the only enemies that America will ever have. Again... everything we do to anyone we capture on the battlefield today becomes a technique that we give any FUTURE enemy our blessing to use on any of OUR troops captured on any FUTURE battlefield.

Oh... and Go fuck yourself sarge... anyone noncom with your paltry reasoning skills would not have made it past E4 in MY Navy.

Bob Barr At CPAC: 'How Would You Like To Be Waterboarded?'
"There is nothing magical about a military tribunal," Barr said, as boos from the audience began cascading around him. "They don't have, necessarily, better lawyers than in a civilian sector. I think I have a lot more faith in our U.S. attorneys who are non political, than my colleagues on the other side of this debate do. We can try them. We should try them. That is precisely... what our law provides for. And if next time we are faced with a situation we say: 'Oh, you know, we want to have them go to the military. Let them torture them for a while. It's not enhanced interrogation techniques. Waterboarding is torture. How would you like to be waterboarded? Try that!"

Needless to say, Barr was alone with his sentiments. Following him on the dais was Viet Dinh, a professor at Georgetown University Law Center and one of the authors of the USA Patriot Act.

I agree with Bob Barr, water boarding IS torture, no if ands or pleasant sounding phrases about it.

However I disagree with his position regarding military tribunals, as enemy combatants being examined for acts of war it is only right and appropriate that these people be tried as such which means by the military.

Why?

Al qaeda doesn't send them home, nor do they offer trial.

Nope, it's extreme torture, and then off with the head, live on the web, for all people and families to see.

So, are you proposing that we behave as they do? If not, I don't see your point.

again... for the intellectually impaired... let me repeat. You would have to be a fucking IDIOT to think that Islamic extremists will be the only enemies that America will ever have. Again... everything we do to anyone we capture on the battlefield today becomes a technique that we give any FUTURE enemy our blessing to use on any of OUR troops captured on any FUTURE battlefield.

Oh... and Go fuck yourself sarge... anyone noncom with your paltry reasoning skills would not have made it past E4 in MY Navy.

Damn glad you don't have a Navy.

Bob Barr is wrong

1) In a civilian court, all sides are entitled to all information. That is not possible in an intelligence war involving terrorism. Either the terrorist and his lawyers getting the information compromises national security or if they don't get that information they can't have a fair trial.

2) If a terrorist is caught Iin raq how are you supposed to get witnesses? Subpoena his cave mates from Iraq?

As Oreo said I agree who wants to be waterboarded? I don't want to be waterboarded? I also don't want to spend time in a prison.

However, in the waterboarding that was done only on 3 people, it was done because all other measures failed, and because it was needed to stop terrorist attacks.

It successfully stopped two: 1) A plane crashing into a Los Angeles Building and 2) A "dirty bomb" being built and exploding in Washington, D.C.

Also the waterboarding done to these terrorists was a lot milder than the waterboarding done to some of our CIA personnel during their training.

In the training the subject is completely immersed and the temp is below 41 degrees F

In the waterboarding done to the 3 terrorists, the subects were splashed with water, and the temp was never below 41 degrees F.

If they didn't want to be waterboarded they could have given the information required to stop the terrorist attacks, before it got to that point.

Instead when asked about terrorist attacks, they answered ominously "soon, you will know".

links?

http://luxmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o10/clients/aclu/olc_05302005_bradbury.pdf

One mention of a "dirty bomb".

You can read about it here:

The Case of the Dirty Bomber - TIME

Odd that Padilla was caught before Aba Dabba Doo's torture.

The plane into a building in Los Angeles. No one was ever captured or arrested. Maybe the plot was made up to avoid being tortured?

Surely there are better examples than these?

Kevin-Kennedy:
" it's not constitutional nor right for us to have troops in over 130 countries or be engaged in wars with countries that haven't done a thing to us. The fact that our policies also make people hate us enough to want to kill us simply adds to those facts."

the middle east hates us because we defend Israel. They also hate our way of life. They look at us as infidels because we are not muslim.

We would have to become Muslim, hate Israel, wear burkas, change our whole way of life, to appease them.

So, your answer is...."At least we aren't quite as bad as the Terrorists"?

Sorry, that's not something I want as our new National Motto.

I could care less about motto's.

I'm more interested in saving American lives and getting the info to make that possible.

Wateboard??

You bet your ass.

I'd wateboard every one of em to saves American lives.

I can live with it. Boy can I.

Can you believe that military washout tried to lecture me about respect for a non-commissioned officer, then he tells a Senior Officer to piss off?

Just between you and me and the board, I think he's a boot camp washout or else got ahold of his daddy's medals and military pics and is playing the military game...and not quite pulling it off.

No REAL Chief would say that to you. A wash out would.

Forum List

Back