Boardwalk Empire

BE was so good last night. Loved that beautiful sad song Daughter Maitland sang for Chalkey White. Same one she sang at the funeral service:

Old Ship Of Zion

I was standing by the banks of a river
Looking out over lifes troubled seas
When I saw an old ship that was sailing
Is that the old ship of Zion I see

It's hull was bent and battered
From the storms of life I could see
Waves were rough but that old ship kept sailing
Is that the old ship of Zion I see

At the stern of the ship was the captain
I could hear as he called out my name
Get on board It's the old ship of Zion
It will never pass this way again

As I step on board I'll be leaving
All my troubles and trials behind
I'll be safe with Jesus the captain
Sailing out on the old ship of Zion

Glad that evil Dunn Purnsley is done. Jezus some of these guys are so scary.
I'm glad to see Chalky prevail over Dr. Narcis (so far). But we can expect to see problems for Chalky at home because it was made clear in the Church scene that his wife's female antenna has picked up his intense interest in Maitland.

It appears the Patricia Arquette character has a firm hold on Nucky's libido. And while I was glad to see Nucky whack that idiot, Mickey, with Eddie's cane, it represents the first potential wave that woman is making in Nucky's business relationships.

Nucky falls hard for his women. That idiot Mickey needed to get smacked.

No he didn't. Nucky was an asshole for hitting him.

I love this show, but it isn't as good as last season. Nucky is getting..um....lowlife and not a classy gangster.
True. The loss of Margaret and now Eddie (Kessler) plus the damage done to him by Rossetti have tarnished him.

He's made a couple of really bad mistakes by killing Jimmy and by alienating Margaret and it looks like he's about to make another mistake by developing a relationship with Eli's son.

I'm very curious to know what will come of the budding romance between Gillian and the seemingly innocent fellow who doesn't know what a viper she is and appears to be in love with her. And I'm anxious to see what becomes of the blossoming alliance between Arnold Rothstein and Margaret. She is in a position to profit from that alliance. But her innate sense of morality might compel her to tell her boss who Rothstein really is, which also could be very beneficial to her. She has a choice to make and which way she moves will reveal how much the past few years of her life have influenced her.

While Breaking Bad was an enjoyable series in spite of its drift toward comic book fantasy, I think Boardwalk Empire is superior in every way. But Breaking Bad is the critics' choice.

What do you think?

And the losses of Jimmy and Owen have not improved the show either.

I was bummed when the irish guy got snuffed.

Sorry, but I just flat don't care much for Margaret...and I loathe Gillian.

That was Owen. He was one of my favorite characters.

Now, the only one I really like is Richard, although I'm liking Chalky more as time goes by.

To save money I cut off premium channels and have missed this season, maybe they can put BW Empire and Spartacus together as a time traveling twist.

buscemi as a sex partner? Shudder. But I LOVE him. A great actor and I will watch anything he is in. But I don't like picturing him in a love scene, lol.

To save money I cut off premium channels and have missed this season, maybe they can put BW Empire and Spartacus together as a time traveling twist.

I lost interest when Andy Whitfield died...and they killed off my favorite Love To Hate owners of him.
I dumped Starz because Spartacus just didn't have the same "flavor" as before.

I'm glad to see Chalky prevail over Dr. Narcis (so far). But we can expect to see problems for Chalky at home because it was made clear in the Church scene that his wife's female antenna has picked up his intense interest in Maitland.

It appears the Patricia Arquette character has a firm hold on Nucky's libido. And while I was glad to see Nucky whack that idiot, Mickey, with Eddie's cane, it represents the first potential wave that woman is making in Nucky's business relationships.

Nucky falls hard for his women. That idiot Mickey needed to get smacked.

No he didn't. Nucky was an asshole for hitting him.

:lmao: Mickey has been getting on my nerves ever since the day he was introduced. That laugh, the stupid things he does, he is truly an idiot.

I lost interest when Andy Whitfield died...and they killed off my favorite Love To Hate owners of him.
I dumped Starz because Spartacus just didn't have the same "flavor" as before.

I dropped Starz because the only thing I watched was Boss.

Uhm, Nelson Van Alden was pretty freakin sexy last night for a puritan ... Love that show.

Narcise is too good a character to take out yet

I don't get Nucky's reluctance to let Chalky take out Dr. Narcise.

Purely business reasons. He went through a lot to get them on the Boardwalk and doesn't want the turmoil. He just wants money coming in without all of these problems.

HA!!! Gillian finally got what's coming to her. One down...one to go. Margaret.

HA!!! Gillian finally got what's coming to her. One down...one to go. Margaret.
It's true Gillian deserves what she's gotten but the method of entrapment by which it's happened is far too elaborate to be credible. Even if such an intricate plan to entrap her had been carried out she is far too devious to confess what she did to her lover.

That aside, I still can't understand what it is you have against Margaret. I think Margaret is a comparatively moral and decent woman. Those were very tough times and she's just doing the best she can for her children while trying to retain as much purity of soul as she can. I'd say Margaret was the best thing ever happened to Nucky and he should have treated her right.

This week's episode was a bit too busy and somewhat confusing. I could barely understand what went on with Chalky and those plantation house occupants. The impression I have is Chalky now has cause to believe Nucky set him up, which should lead to some interesting developments. If I'm right, I predict Chalky will make his was back to Atlantic City where he will attempt to kill Narcis again and Nucky will come to his aid at the last minute.

So we'll see.

I think Chalky's new girlfriend set him up, myself. She ran back to her smooth talking honeybunny.
Nucky knows his brother is ratting him out..so the season finale should be good. Maybe that is why he said he wants out.

I don't like Margaret because she is a snake in the grass. She pretends to be this "lady" but wouldn't hesitate to slide a knife in the back of anyone that will keep her from getting in the higher class she so covets. Why else marry the man that is a mobster murderer? She's a snot, but is nothing but what she is...low class wearing a high class mask.

I think Chalky's new girlfriend set him up, myself. She ran back to her smooth talking honeybunny.
Nucky knows his brother is ratting him out..so the season finale should be good. Maybe that is why he said he wants out.

I don't like Margaret because she is a snake in the grass. She pretends to be this "lady" but wouldn't hesitate to slide a knife in the back of anyone that will keep her from getting in the higher class she so covets. Why else marry the man that is a mobster murderer? She's a snot, but is nothing but what she is...low class wearing a high class mask.

i dont think daughter has matured beyond the age she was when her mother was killed...

i dont think she set up chalky .....

i agree about margaret.....totally a sham....

If that were true, don't you think Margaret would have stayed with Nucky for no reason other than financial security? And do you think she would have turned over a fortune in real estate holdings to the Church?

The only move Margaret ever made in the direction of social advancement was her attempt to create an educational facility for women, which is an entirely unselfish gesture. Aside from that she seemed concerned only with caring for her children and being a good wife to Nucky. And she did save him twice; once by removing critical evidence from its hiding place in their apartment and then by stopping Eli from killing Nucky.

Forum List

Back