Board is uberslow

It's when you're connecting to a page, bottom left says 'connecting to as.formfoundry.com... it almost loads fully (bottom right green bar) but not quite for about 30-45 seconds for me, then the page loads.

Last edited:
Ok, that last post . . . page loaded immediately. Technology and Murphy's Law!

The quick reply pages load right away . . . anything else is taking long. It'll stop eventually, always does.

Last edited:
Just this site.

It hangs just short of loading fully.
I am able to see the problem, although it's not affecting me.

The googlead syndication (Google-Analytics) is dragging ass, really badly, keeping the page from fully loading until it's done. This is sporadic, not happening every time you load a page.

Question for you: You are using FF but how about the AdBlockPlus add-on?

And I'm even on a hospital's network. I woulda thunk with all the crap they have for security I would be slow as molasses. But I'm fine.

Some webpages won't load for me, I think cause Wellstar views it as a security threat. And webcams are out.

You're posting on USMB rather than working. No wonder healthcare costs are out of control. LOL

And I'm even on a hospital's network. I woulda thunk with all the crap they have for security I would be slow as molasses. But I'm fine.

Some webpages won't load for me, I think cause Wellstar views it as a security threat. And webcams are out.

You're posting on USMB rather than working. No wonder healthcare costs are out of control. LOL

I don't work at the hospital goofball.

I'm here with my wife. Stuck in a room, going stir crazy. Waiting to get released. Ya know...my wife...the PATIENT.

Jebus.

Last edited:
I have found that at certain times very early in the morning (2AM), I have a lot of trouble. Sometimes it is as if the site is completely down. I can't load anything. I'll come back 15 minutes later and all is fine again.

Just this site.

The googlead syndication (Google-Analytics) is dragging ass, really badly, keeping the page from fully loading until it's done. This is sporadic, not happening every time you load a page.

I knew it was a site issue, could we get something done about it?

I have all updates and add ons, at least i think so, but this isn't an issue from my end, a bad add is causing it.

The only times USMB has loaded slow is when I'm at work, online in an "intranet". The page "frame" will load but none of the text or pics. I'll press "F5" a few times and then it'll load. Does that for other sites as well.

Only happens at work.

Just this site.

I have all updates and add ons, at least i think so, but this isn't an issue from my end, a bad add is causing it.
It's not a site issue. It's google's ad server.

And if you have AdBlock and it's enabled, and has a good filter (EasyList USA is best) you will know it because not only will you never see any ads of any kind, anywhere you go on the web, but you also won't get the load lag from ad maggots such as google!

Just this site.

M, I added that Add-on and it didn't make it load any faster. At least not immediately. Sometimes these things happen. Cest la vie.

It's when you're connecting to a page, bottom left says 'connecting to as.formfoundry.com... it almost loads fully (bottom right green bar) but not quite for about 30-45 seconds for me, then the page loads.

Same thing happens with me, but not all the time and not only in USMB. Another thing I've noticed is if I do a Google search and read a few web pages, then back up to USMB, it just sits there with a blank USMB page (green, I think). Can't go backward, can't go forward, can't go in the backdoor via Favorites. I have to log off first and then return.

It's not a site issue. It's google's ad server.

And if you have AdBlock and it's enabled, and has a good filter (EasyList USA is best) you will know it because not only will you never see any ads of any kind, anywhere you go on the web, but you also won't get the load lag from ad maggots such as google!

The only ads that really bother me are the ones designed so you can't get rid of them. While slightly annoying, advertisements are what keep the Internet going, so far. To my way of thinking, the Internet is the cheapest form of entertainment ever, so you'll hear few complaints from me.

Just this site.

M, I added that Add-on and it didn't make it load any faster. At least not immediately. Sometimes these things happen. Cest la vie.
Important to note, the AdBlock add-on doesn't come with the filter and will do nothing at all until you subscribe to one. To find out if you have one, go Tools>AdBlock Preferences.
The only ads that really bother me are the ones designed so you can't get rid of them. While slightly annoying, advertisements are what keep the Internet going, so far. To my way of thinking, the Internet is the cheapest form of entertainment ever, so you'll hear few complaints from me.
I never complain. I simply do not allow any ads.

By the way, I, like most others PAY for my internet connection. This in no way implies permission for sites to display ads and use my computer's resources. I have four websites, none of which have ever run any ad scripts or displayed ads of any type. It's not that expensive, not SO expensive that you need to run ads to have a site. You don't.

So, I don't buy the "ads are what keeps the internet going" angle. It's actually, "ads are what keeps revenue going into sites and also what mostly clogs up people's browsers with garbage, tracking scripts, adware, spyware, and etc."

Most ads don't pay the site operator just for displaying the ads. They get paid when people actually click on the ad. Therefore, if you are looking at ads but not clicking on them, you aren't helping their revenue anyway. So, why even let them display the ads to you in the first place? Why let them use your computer's resources?

Free thyself from the tyranny!

Important to note, the AdBlock add-on doesn't come with the filter and will do nothing at all until you subscribe to one. To find out if you have one, go Tools>AdBlock Preferences.

By the way, I, like most others PAY for my internet connection. This in no way implies permission for sites to display ads and use my computer's resources. I have four websites, none of which have ever run any ad scripts or displayed ads of any type. It's not that expensive, not SO expensive that you need to run ads to have a site. You don't.

So, I don't buy the "ads are what keeps the internet going" angle. It's actually, "ads are what keeps revenue going into sites and also what mostly clogs up people's browsers with garbage, tracking scripts, adware, spyware, and etc."

Most ads don't pay the site operator just for displaying the ads. They get paid when people actually click on the ad. Therefore, if you are looking at ads but not clicking on them, you aren't helping their revenue anyway. So, why even let them display the ads to you in the first place? Why let them use your computer's resources?

I guess you don't by magazines for that reason too? This attitude surprises me. After all, the folks who use the Internet for advertising are simply trying to market their products in our free market capitalistic society.

I guess you don't by magazines for that reason too? This attitude surprises me. After all, the folks who use the Internet for advertising are simply trying to market their products in our free market capitalistic society.
That's correct, I do not buy magazines.

However, your comparison is worthless. Magazines don't use your computer resources. Internet ads do. Magazines are paid merely to display the ads, websites generally are not. You are not helping a site's revenue by simply looking at their ads. They are usually paid on a per click basis.

In this day and age, you're silly to allow ads to run in your browser. There are tools now to prevent this completely.

Again, using the internet does not give them permission or any right at all to use your resources.

Ads in magazines and newspapers all use their resources. Their ink, their paper. Theirs.

Internet ads use YOURS. Your bandwidth, your processor, your cache, your RAM, YOURS.

See the difference yet?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back