Board Games

I play that...had a D&D (actually, AD&D) game yesterday, in fact. :)

I miss that I have to admit, ;)we had a great dungeon master in our company, He was the unit armorer, so he'd carry our paperwork , character sheets, quest maps , etc etc to the field and we'd play out there too....

He ran a fantastic campaign over 2 years he called the quest for kurloks meat.

He could map a great structure, the flow of the events, story....I always looked forward to dungeon time. I actually miss It, a lot now that i am thinking about.:doubt:

One day, with holographics an all, it will surge again, you could be sitting at the table in someone's house, without having to travel there:lol:

You know what Kurloks Meat actually wound up being?

Tornado Rex. 1991.

This game contended with Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis. It was a masterpiece.

I've never played Tornado Rex but it seems to resemble chutes and ladders. Is there a different twist to Tornado Rex?

I miss that I have to admit, ;)we had a great dungeon master in our company, He was the unit armorer, so he'd carry our paperwork , character sheets, quest maps , etc etc to the field and we'd play out there too....

He could map a great structure, the flow of the events, story....I always looked forward to dungeon time. I actually miss It, a lot now that i am thinking about.:doubt:

One day, with holographics an all, it will surge again, you could be sitting at the table in someone's house, without having to travel there:lol:

I'm afraid to ask...

Note: there is still a good-sized old-school gaming community in SoCal.

Also note: I'll be at GaryCon this March. :D

I'm afraid to ask...

Note: there is still a good-sized old-school gaming community in SoCal.

Also note: I'll be at GaryCon this March. :D

Kurloks Meat was not a magical meat, it didn't provide fantastical health qualities, it wasn't a meat that didn't 'run out' like the fish-loaves or wine ala feeding the 5000......it wasn't a rare meat to sell for wondrous sums.....

Kurloks Meat was a statue in a town square of a guy named Kurlok who had a huge, schlong.

After like a 20 months venture, it was , well, a riot, he had drawn a well done facsimile that we 'found' after a very long, very trying ( I lost my familiar, 2 characters I had recruited, an long time adept and my left arm) adventure ...:lol: I have to say though, it was a blast...

I have to say, I just may look around, this has really made me think....I am bored with Napoleonic miniature gaming for now....

This is the best new one I have found in a long time. My son, an avid video game addict, likes it as much as video games. His friends in the neighborhood like to play it every bit as much as video games. It's pace moves much quicker than the old Game-master games. (i.e. Axis and Allies, Conquest of the Empire, etc.)

Settlers_Of_Catan_game_d2.gif

Inevitably, the, "does anyone have wood for my sheep," joke comes up, and hilarity ensues.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEq-0inAWzk]Settlers of Catan meets Sheldon in The Big Bang Theory - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back