Blunt Amendment DEFEATED! DOWN IN FLAMES!

Look.....while Deception and other liberals are happy squawking away at their perceived "victory" there is little cause for alarm here. The first amendment is clear that government can not set policy which interferes with the free practice of religion and forcing a religious organization that is well known to be against the use of contraception is pretty open and shut. This will go before the courts and the the Obama administration and the liberal position will be shot to hell and that will be that.

In the meantime liberals have just demonstrated that they have no respect for the Constitution (I know we are all busy swallowing our nitroglycerin tablets to deal with the effects of the shock) and it will play well in the GOP's favor prior to the elections.
If my boss who is a Jehova's Witness decided that his religious stance on blood transfusions means that the policy he is offering will now delete that coverage, should the state step up, or should I just accept this foolishness as my boss' First Amendment rights?

You should accept it and get a new job or get your own supplemental insurance.

Look.....while Deception and other liberals are happy squawking away at their perceived "victory" there is little cause for alarm here. The first amendment is clear that government can not set policy which interferes with the free practice of religion and forcing a religious organization that is well known to be against the use of contraception is pretty open and shut. This will go before the courts and the the Obama administration and the liberal position will be shot to hell and that will be that.

In the meantime liberals have just demonstrated that they have no respect for the Constitution (I know we are all busy swallowing our nitroglycerin tablets to deal with the effects of the shock) and it will play well in the GOP's favor prior to the elections.
If my boss who is a Jehova's Witness decided that his religious stance on blood transfusions means that the policy he is offering will now delete that coverage, should the state step up, or should I just accept this foolishness as my boss' First Amendment rights?

Is it a standard tenant of your bosses religion? Is your boss providing financial support for that policy? If so then yes. Go find another job. There will be plenty of secular businesses perfectly willing to cover it so they have a benefits advantage to offer over your current boss.

Insurance companies don't have to cover everything.

The veteran's administration doesn't cover every treatment.

If you don't like what your boss wants to cover suck it up or get a new job.

Last edited:

That's the pat Conservative answer. Can you imagine any circumstances in which getting another job might not be so easy? Affording health coverage as an individual might not be as cheap as a group plan? Can you imagine folks living pay check to pay check and not being able to afford private coverage?

Or is it easier to continue to dismiss working Americans and hate the idea of a family actually getting ahead for once? Conservatives do not have a sterling record stepping up for the little guy. Probably because the Conservative nose is so firmly planted in a rich guys ass.

Does the 'suck it up or find a new job' argument also apply to working conditions? To the equitable ditribution of hours, wages and benefits?

Do you know what happens when folks hear "suck it up or get a new job"? They often organize, and go on strike. If you want to do away with workers, keep that attitude!

That's the pat Conservative answer. Can you imagine any circumstances in which getting another job might not be so easy?

Yep. And sometimes we find ourselves in a situation where we say "shit...this isn't fair...bummer.....I guess I will do what I must until I can do what I wish."

Affording health coverage as an individual might not be as cheap as a group plan? Can you imagine folks living pay check to pay check and not being able to afford private coverage?

A co-op can address that real quick.

Or is it easier to continue to dismiss working Americans and hate the idea of a family actually getting ahead for once?

I don't hate the idea of a working family getting ahead. I simply want them to have the satisfaction of accomplishing it themselves instead of the government handing it to them on a silver platter.

Conservatives do not have a sterling record stepping up for the little guy.

Oh and the Democrats have such a stellar one. :lmao: I forgot...every time the liberals have power poverty is nearly eliminated. :eusa_whistle:

That's the pat Conservative answer. Can you imagine any circumstances in which getting another job might not be so easy? Affording health coverage as an individual might not be as cheap as a group plan? Can you imagine folks living pay check to pay check and not being able to afford private coverage?

Or is it easier to continue to dismiss working Americans and hate the idea of a family actually getting ahead for once? Conservatives do not have a sterling record stepping up for the little guy. Probably because the Conservative nose is so firmly planted in a rich guys ass.
Here's an idea....Pay for your own birth control out of your own stingy-assed pocket.

Terrible, terrible.

All this to remove accountability.

She's free to decide between going bareback or making her scizzy boyfriend wear a rubber paid for by the state.

Shit!!!!

Liberals stand on their heads and think the rest of the world is upside-down.

Does the 'suck it up or find a new job' argument also apply to working conditions? To the equitable ditribution of hours, wages and benefits?

Oh no no no...no changing the subject to distract from the current one. ;) Those are completely different issues

Do you know what happens when folks hear "suck it up or get a new job"? They often organize, and go on strike. If you want to do away with workers, keep that attitude!

Yep....then they get slaughtered in Wisconsin recall efforts wasting taxpayer money

Lets just hope jehovah's don't start employing hords of workers or there go transfusions and perhaps dialysis off the benefits plan.

ETA: sure you can say, quit and find a new job. but my child has a pre existing condition and so I can't do that. also i am three years from pension...i should loose all that i worked for because of my employers new found religious conscience?

Last edited:

You can't have everything you want.

Did this idea seem important to you last year? Did you say "Gee, I wish somebody would pay for my girlfriend's birth-control so I can fuck her with impunity".

Maybe I can dream up something I can force down everyone's GD throat.

How about paying for face-lifts. How bout paying for a health club membership. That's a health issue.

Lets just hope jehovah's don't start employing hords of workers or there go transfusions and perhaps dialysis off the benefits plan.

ETA: sure you can say, quit and find a new job. but my child has a pre existing condition and so I can't do that. also i am three years from pension...i should loose all that i worked for because of my employers new found religious conscience?

Didn't you know Obamacare forces ins companies to drop pre-conditions?

As heartless as it may sound....life gives us conditions that we often may not like. We choose and hope for the best. If I was in a situation where I must choose between my child's health and my pension that will be a pretty quick decision to make.

So, let's review. Conservatives have no problem with an employer offering a health insurance plan that does not cover blood transfusions, birth control pills or general health and wellness. If the employee is dis-satisfied with a plan offered, he should quit, move from town (if he can find a buyer for his house), seek a new job in the midst of high unemployment and accept all these travails as the natural order of things and a means of consolidating wealth among the very few.

Conservatives also think it's a good idea to eliminate the EPA so companies can finally be free to destroy their neighborhoods, the property values of anyone in the area and the health of future generations. And that's another way to make poor people poorer and rich people richer.

Conservatives want to eliminate public education because they believe that public schools (and universities for that matter) are nothing more than Liberal indoctrination centers and union propaganda mills.

Now, can some Conservative tell me how much he loves the American working family after these policies are in place?

You can't have everything you want.

Did this idea seem important to you last year? Did you say "Gee, I wish somebody would pay for my girlfriend's birth-control so I can fuck her with impunity".

Maybe I can dream up something I can force down everyone's GD throat.

How about paying for face-lifts. How bout paying for a health club membership. That's a health issue.
So you see it as a morality issue not a health issue? Could it be a health issue but Rush didn't mention that?

Didn't you know Obamacare forces ins companies to drop pre-conditions?

Which you want to revoke.

As heartless as it may sound....life gives us conditions that we often may not like. We choose and hope for the best. If I was in a situation where I must choose between my child's health and my pension that will be a pretty quick decision to make.

There would be no choice because those opposing forced coverage also oppose obamacare which would mean no coverage to pre exisiting conditions; thus no coverage for child. All choices removed.

So, let's review. Conservatives have no problem with an employer offering a health insurance plan that does not cover blood transfusions, birth control pills or general health and wellness. If the employee is dis-satisfied with a plan offered, he should quit, move from town (if he can find a buyer for his house), seek a new job in the midst of high unemployment and accept all these travails as the natural order of things and a means of consolidating wealth among the very few.

Conservatives also think it's a good idea to eliminate the EPA so companies can finally be free to destroy their neighborhoods, the property values of anyone in the area and the health of future generations. And that's another way to make poor people poorer and rich people richer.

Conservatives want to eliminate public education because they believe that public schools (and universities for that matter) are nothing more than Liberal indoctrination centers and union propaganda mills.

Now, can some Conservative tell me how much he loves the American working family after these policies are in place?

After reading such hyperbole I sense a meltdown coming.

If you are comfortable giving control of your life over to others, don't complain when they begin doing things to you that you do not like.

Labor unions are the reason we have employer-provided health insurance. And now your employer gets to decide what kind and how much to give you.

How's that working out?

So instead of acknowledging that was a HUGE mistake, the liberals are doubling down and taking that control from their employer and giving it to the government, which is even LESS accountable to them!

Gee, I wonder how THAT will work out?

At least that will kill the "if you don't like it, quit" argument, eh? You can't fire your government.

We need to put health insurance back into the hands of the people and let them decide what is best for themselves.

All this talk about "between a woman and doctor" is bullshit. This is about giving government more control over your life. It does not get any dumber than that.

Idiots. Wake up!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back