Bluetooth issues with windows 10, just upgraded from

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
windows 8.1 and Bluetooth does not work, even with brand new smart phones. Any computer geeks around?

Sorry, don't know anything about it, I don't use bluetooth.

Thanks the Microsoft man helped me and well I think Sprint does not allow photo transfer via Bluetooth anymore.
He said my setting were fine. Now to just get rid of these ads.

Thanks the Microsoft man helped me and well I think Sprint does not allow photo transfer via Bluetooth anymore.
Ads?

My ad blocker plus does not seem to be working with windows edge, like it did with 8.1.
Turn Edge off. Initially I disabled all of Win 10s bloatware then discovered how to remove all of it including Edge and Cortana and block all of Win 10s telemetry. The problem with removing (uninstalling) Cortana is it's tied to Window Explorer and the search function, by installing Classic Shell the search function still works.
Go to Settings and turn off pretty much everything you can turn off, install Firefox or Chrome and stop using Internet Explorer and AdBlock will work just fine.

Ads?

My ad blocker plus does not seem to be working with windows edge, like it did with 8.1.
Turn Edge off. Initially I disabled all of Win 10s bloatware then discovered how to remove all of it including Edge and Cortana and block all of Win 10s telemetry. The problem with removing (uninstalling) Cortana is it's tied to Window Explorer and the search function, by installing Classic Shell the search function still works.
Go to Settings and turn off pretty much everything you can turn off, install Firefox or Chrome and stop using Internet Explorer and AdBlock will work just fine.

Thank you, I do not like Edge, or Cortana. I will have to research Classic Shell. I will use Chrome. I feel I'm being followed with these ads, and Cortana wants your address, I have her turned off. She has to go. Thank you.

Looks like that is the way to get windows 7 back. I miss my google toolbar.

Last edited:

Ads?

Thank you, I do not like Edge, or Cortana. I will have to research Classic Shell. I will use Chrome. I feel I'm being followed with these ads, and Cortana wants your address, I have her turned off. She has to go. Thank you.

Looks like that is the way to get windows 7 back. I miss my google toolbar.
You can also get the old Win 7 games back if you like those. Cortana is the primary culprit in sending Microsoft your telemetry data, basically how you use your computer and where you visit online.

Old games.

Downloads / Tools by other people / Windows 7 games for Windows 10
(Only click on the Download Windows 7 games for Windows 10)

10 appsmanager will allow you to uninstall/reinstall most of the bloatware.

10AppsManager: Uninstall, reinstall Windows 10 Store apps

This will block the telemetry using Window's built in Firewall, make sure the Firewall is turned on and again, only click on Download Block Telemetry Rules file for Windows 10

Uninstalling Edge and Cortana is a little more complicated unless you know a little bit about file systems or can follow some simple instructions and are comfortable doing it.

Forum List

Back