The Elipsis 10

DarkFury

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2015
Sun, Sand And Palm Trees
Going to add a new toy to the stable.
ellipsis-10-pdp-feature-3-music-110215

Going to add a tablet. I use myself a Verizon Jet Pack for my desk top but that's my bill. The resort also has COX wifi so I intend to add the tablet to their wifi. I want to be able to watch the live feed as I post with the coming debates and never ending terrorist attacks. The specs.

Specifications

XLTE Ready Doubling our 4G LTE bandwidth in cities coast to coast.
Standby Time - Up to: 38 days
Usage Time - Up to: 25 hrs
Camera 5 MP
Front Camera 2 MP
Weight 19.75 oz
Height 6.74 in
Width 10.28 in
Screen 10.1” IPS TFT LCD display; 1920x1200, 224PPI
Battery 9100mAh non-removable battery
Operating System Android 5.1, Lollipop
Storage 16 GB
Expandable Memory Supports up to 32GB microSD Card (sold separately)
SAR 1.30W/kg (simultaneous transmission)
Network LTE B2/B4/B13, CAT-4
Processor 1.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

Specs seem solid and unlike Elipsis 8 it has great reviews. 8 had hardware and sound issues. Anybody out there use one?
Verizon Ellipsis 10 | Verizon Wireless

Fury

I'm happy for you, just upgraded mine to a newer model.

09f16322423113.560460abea2e2.jpg
The reviews are solid and the screen size is fine. You ever use one?
If you're referring to your tablet then no, I have no interest. The smallest screen size I want is 17" (I have one smaller), I love my mouse and keyboard and absolutely hate tablets and smartphones.
The closest thing I have to a tablet is a 13" Lenovo Yoga2 (three in one) and I never use it in tablet form, hell it spends most of it's time as an expensive paperweight.

• Banned

If you're referring to your tablet then no, I have no interest. The smallest screen size I want is 17" (I have one smaller), I love my mouse and keyboard and absolutely hate tablets and smartphones.
The closest thing I have to a tablet is a 13" Lenovo Yoga2 (three in one) and I never use it in tablet form, hell it spends most of it's time as an expensive paperweight.
I run a 17 on my desktop and am looking at 21s. The tablet is 6.74 x 10.25 and will serve solely as a monitor on top of my tower. At less then two feet from me the screen should be big enough.

I run a 17 on my desktop and am looking at 21s. The tablet is 6.74 x 10.25 and will serve solely as a monitor on top of my tower. At less then two feet from me the screen should be big enough.
Both desktops sport 24" screens, with the 17" laptops I don't have to use reading glasses except on rare occasions, with the 13" I have to use reading glasses about 30% of the time unless I bump up the screen magnification then I'm stuck scrolling up, down, back and forth all the time which is what I hate about the smaller screens.

• Banned

Both desktops sport 24" screens, with the 17" laptops I don't have to use reading glasses except on rare occasions, with the 13" I have to use reading glasses about 30% of the time unless I bump up the screen magnification then I'm stuck scrolling up, down, back and forth all the time which is what I hate about the smaller screens.
I could never use a 13 for posting. But I figure a tablet should be fine for watching live feeds/music or video.

I could never use a 13 for posting. But I figure a tablet should be fine for watching live feeds/music or video.
We use the Lenovo for three things, traveling, video conferencing and the wife uses it for an online class she's taking right now. My 17" is used for this, surfing online and a few sundry other purposes, the 24" primarily for watching videos and playing games.

• Banned
We use the Lenovo for three things, traveling, video conferencing and the wife uses it for an online class she's taking right now. My 17" is used for this, surfing online and a few sundry other purposes, the 24" primarily for watching videos and playing games.
Posting I will stick to desk top. Tore up more than a few laps. They last me about a year. I have a stack of them with keys just beat off or worn out.

The DT allows me to replace just the part that I wear out. Of course its getting close to a new keyboard and CPU.